You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
A_TIN_OF_WHALE

Minotaur sinkings in smoke

14 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
11,694 battles

Is this a bug or am i just unlucky but every time Im in smoke with my Minotaur i get sunk by 1 shell ,normally im full health and it always seems to be a Montana.

I know what your thinking unlucky , broadside on to attacking ships but i think Minotaur is dealt a rough deal. 1 shell any where on ship in smoke and it sinks .

Lower tier cruisers can take loads more shell hits and survive but not Minotaur .

[HAERT]
Players
2,102 posts

As a Minotaur player myself you're exaggerating somewhat.

True a single salvo from any T10 BB can delete a Minotaur, but not a single shell unless you detonate, most Minotaur players learn quickly to fly the anti det flag.

Plus of course sitting in smoke and spamming shells fast gives away your position clearly, at upper tiers with accurate guns it's not hard to shoot into smoke, especially if the target is broadside.

Mino is tricky to play well, but it can be effective after you've mastered it.

Players
961 posts
4,865 battles

Someone has to cure aids after all ;). I hate that ship with a passion, but op, watch some yt videos and you will know what gets you. At least gotta give you a fair shake.

Players
1,422 posts
13,026 battles

Players are getting better and better at smoke shooting. Infact once you learn it its so easy to blap Minos in smoke.

So the lesson is that smoke does not make you invincible. It simply makes you a bit harder to hit.  

Players
1,509 posts
10,533 battles

1 shell oneshot = Have so say it has yet to happen to my RN cruisers after hundreds of games and I dont run flags. If it is a problem, run detonation flags.

1shot by single salvo = much more common. It isnt hard to reliably citpen smoked up cruisers using spotter plane, so respect other players can do it to you. Lots of ways to keep it from happening though: 

- never shoot from open water

- smoke up in places that have a handy island to block multiple BBs from firing into your smoke

- if smoked up, keep on the move (w+s hacks)

- Stay angled to the BB most likely to shoot your smoke (like the BB you are currently farming)

- know which BB are big threats (IJN and USN ones) and which you can mostly ignore (germans)

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,207 posts
10,378 battles
1 minute ago, MortenTardo said:

Players are getting better and better at smoke shooting. Infact once you learn it its so easy to blap Minos in smoke.

So the lesson is that smoke does not make you invincible. It simply makes you a bit harder to hit.  

While true, OP is talking about "1 shell killing him, normally when he's full health" ..

I would think it's some fun and engaging gameplay, but OP might also be mistaken ofc :)

Players
1,422 posts
13,026 battles
15 minutes ago, lup3s said:

While true, OP is talking about "1 shell killing him, normally when he's full health" ..

I would think it's some fun and engaging gameplay, but OP might also be mistaken ofc :)

Well. That is a deto then. Or OP have to provide screenshot or replay. 

[D_R_M]
Players
873 posts
15,550 battles

You should be very careful to not smoke up when you are spotted. If you slow down and smoke while spotted, someone will see your exact position before you go invisible. Have both been sunk myself and sunk others because of that mistake. You should also be careful to only shoot from smoke when your enemies have other targets to fire at, as the chance is lower they will shoot into your smoke when they are already engaging another ship. 

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

Spotter planes, counter RN smoke camping cruisers since day one.

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
4 hours ago, A_TIN_OF_WHALE said:

Is this a bug or am i just unlucky but every time Im in smoke with my Minotaur i get sunk by 1 shell ,normally im full health and it always seems to be a Montana.

I know what your thinking unlucky , broadside on to attacking ships but i think Minotaur is dealt a rough deal. 1 shell any where on ship in smoke and it sinks .

Lower tier cruisers can take loads more shell hits and survive but not Minotaur .

Not by a single shell, but a Minotaur daring to shoot in smoke being deleted by a single BB salvo is nothing uncommon. Almost pretty normal even. It's one of the few fun things left in T10.