You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RobS80

In game stuttering?

26 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
965 posts
9,786 battles

Anyone else experiencing what is best described as in game stuttering? Since the patch on Thursday I have been seeing this each day now, but so far today even worse. I usually have aslains installed, and the last time I ever had this was (i think) down to a sidebar mod) I have now uninstalled aslains and deleted any storage folders for his cache. But I am still experiencing these.

Hard to describe but at random intervals the whole screen just freezes for 1-3 seconds and I cant fire, cant do anything. I am trying to understand the following

a) is it affecting others

b) if it is affecting others, and I am not alone, if it is due to the network issues WG have mentioned. Keep logging in and out of game today as I am busy with a few other things and notice I often lose clan chat screen, cant see running divisions, and cant see anyone on my contact lists.

I really hope it is something to do with these network issues and not a larger problem. I am going to try the repair button on the launcher in case something is amiss somewhere.

[KITEN]
Players
167 posts
11,680 battles

Suffering badly from this myself. Guns dotn always shoot when they should, seems to be a delay sometimes on torp firing and the ship is constantly rubberbanding. Was bad yesterday, but i just played a single zao game and its way worse than yesterday, and by worse, i mean more frequent. I sailed into torps a couple of times yesterday because i start to turn, my ship seems to stop dead like i have run aground, then after a second or so it catapults me forward and got me killed.

I also run aslains, but not uninstalled to see if thats the problem yet, but it is rendering the game pretty much unplayable from my end. Definitely seems worse today.

Weekend Tester
965 posts
9,786 battles

Uninstalling Aslain's did not cure the issue so I would not advocate that (although it is only a short job to reinstall)

[COR3]
Players
977 posts
11,501 battles

Network Issues do not Point to a client Stutter that happens even with a "fine" network , the UI is unbearable slow and spikes out the Graphicscard too lately. It all points to optimization issues rather.

• Cool 2

[KITEN]
Players
167 posts
11,680 battles
24 minutes ago, RobS80 said:

Uninstalling Aslain's did not cure the issue so I would not advocate that (although it is only a short job to reinstall)

Tried uninstalling and repairing the game client files after i made that last post and you are right, it made no difference at all.

[TACHA]
Players
1,300 posts
13,189 battles

Thought it was me - Ping between 10 and 300 - wildly fluctuating! No mods - vanilla to the core!!

[BS4]
Players
1,108 posts
6,242 battles
1 hour ago, The_Reichtangle said:

Network Issues do not Point to a client Stutter that happens even with a "fine" network , the UI is unbearable slow and spikes out the Graphicscard too lately. It all points to optimization issues rather.

I had thought about this as the new port is uncharacteristically stuttery compared to all other ports for me anyway. Just Played a couple of games and its very bad and unplayable IMO.

Yet another issue from a patch or update. As I said in eu server issues thread -perhaps less time designing badges and Ports and more time double checking patch's and update's before they are released to your player base WG, or perhaps actually invest more in your servers or network so it can better handle the demand on which you place on it/them.:Smile_sceptic:.

Now there's a thought....

ZXluy3c.gif

• Cool 2

[BONI]
Players
1,255 posts
11,342 battles

It sounds familiar, but on the laptops I play games on I've always noted that some games can have stuttering the first time an asset is used, but not subsequent times. So the first game of the day there will be some stuttering, possibly even lasting 2-3 seconds in some cases, but it doesn't occur again for a while after.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,439 battles

Stabile ping, stabile FPS, game still looks like a slideshow. Gets really annoying.

[MUMMY]
[MUMMY]
Players
209 posts
7,086 battles

Your not alone; I have been suffering from what others have described in this thread.

Vanilla install, no mods.  

Sort it out WG :fish_glass:

[BUSHI]
Players
3,693 posts
19,139 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Stabile ping, stabile FPS, game still looks like a slideshow. Gets really annoying.

If there is no tearing in replays in normal and high speed, than it's not computer related problem.

After some patch, game started to stutter foe me and the same was in replays. After I changed "texture quality" from high to medium, problem was gone.

Players
535 posts
6,957 battles

well I thought that I was crazy but may aiming yesterday was extremely bad - shells just didn't lend where they suppose to in my Hindi and few days before and weeks before it was perfect, also I didn't have fluctuation on my ping it was steady 30-35 with 75 fps but they just land like I bad aim !?!?!?

I'am sure that it is not computer problem because I'am playing on 1080 but maybe I don't know game have some problem with something - i don't get why lowering some graphic setting would do somethig but I will try it today ... :(   maybe also I got problem because of 4k ( I can never set it on 16:9 to stay on it, every time I enter graphic settings it will say default on aspect ratio and I set it on 16.9  ?? )

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
90 posts
4,243 battles

Being in port hammers my gpu.

Game freezes on countdown to game.

Opening missions or profile in port takes ages.

WG sort out the basics first before adding patches etc...

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
662 posts
11,046 battles

Since 2 updates ago (some 40 days ago) my game starts stuttering at begining of every battle, lasts for some 10 secs. However, sometimes in this process game freezes and windows pops up error box and forces game shut down. My PC is not super strong,  but i also run lowest settings ppssible. Before 2 updates ago this was not problem. They did something to the game.

Weekend Tester
965 posts
9,786 battles

I found the only solution to be a router restart. So far since a router restart I have been ok. One of the guys in my clan had the same thing during CW. Router restart also appeared to clear it. Worth a try for those of you that still have the issue.

Players
1,475 posts
10,124 battles
On 2/13/2018 at 4:19 PM, jcol said:

Being in port hammers my gpu.

Game freezes on countdown to game.

Opening missions or profile in port takes ages.

WG sort out the basics first before adding patches etc...

Yeah, I get the same. Upon game start up (Countdown) I get no indicators just a view of my ship frozen on the water for anywhere from 5-15 seconds... I also get something else too.. (DD's) My guns fire in game without having even touched the fire control button on my mouse..or all of a sudden my zoom in and out controls freeze and I cannot fire guns... I have tried 4 different Mouse with the same issue, affects my Gearing and Kidd only.

Just off to reboot my modem to see if it cures it... fingers crossed.

[FLASH]
Players
154 posts
11,107 battles

Definitely too.

But ... I must admit: My PC meets the system requirements at the absolute minimum. Maybe the reasons lie there ...

Beta Tester
656 posts
2,063 battles

Windows 10 updates can cause major problems with Videos , Games you could try rolling your computer back to a date where the problems didn't exist.

[NSVE]
Players
58 posts
8,361 battles
1 hour ago, DirtyHeddy said:

Definitely too.

But ... I must admit: My PC meets the system requirements at the absolute minimum. Maybe the reasons lie there ...

mine doesnt though mine is well above

[NED]
Players
1,832 posts
7,016 battles

getting the stuttering and having ships become visible quite a while after the mini-map says they should be visible (and even then its the smoke out of their smokestacks and the waves the bow makes that becomes visible first)