You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wtfzazo

To whoever said the current meta is favoring battlewagons

125 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Players
445 posts
6,079 battles

OH NO A BATTLESHIP COUNTER EVERY ONE BAIL OUT!!!!11!1ONE

But for real

I agree with Flamu that this ship won`t be fun to play, however this shows how bad the current situaton really is.

On the other hand i disagree about so-called "no counterplay".

If you see an Asashio on the enemy team just sail 5-6km behind cruisers, while keeping said cruisers between you, and expected Asashio location.

AND DON`T SAIL IN A GODDAMN STRAIGHT LINE: AT 16-20KM RANGE HOLDING D KEY FOR 3 GODDAMN SECONDS WILL MAKE TARGET PREDICTION COMPLETLY USELESS.

The other part of apparent "no counterplay" is the fact that if spotted Asashio is nothing but an XP pinata - and every DD except Kagero, and lower tier IJN DD`s will take a dump on him in 10 seconds flat. Therefore you can`t contest objectives, and you are even more hopeless against cruisers that already crap on IJN DD line.

I belive that Asashio is kinda balanced despite this epic damage potential, because it punishes bad gameplay - something somewhat inherent for BB`s nowadays, and it is basicly useless in any other way.

P.S.
Triple Asashio division is an automatic loss since you won`t be able to contest any caps.
Ever.
And in a standard battle just rush them with any gunboat (Akizuki would be nice here), or spot them in any other way, and let CA`s decide their fate.

Players
535 posts
6,726 battles
6 minutes ago, Dbars_eu said:

The ship is fine imo. this is exactly what a premium should be.  it has it downsides and good. At least it isnt a Belfast or another russian flame thrower that can sit in smoke.

ok just how is this ship ok and Blefast and I suppose Kutuzov are such and OP ship - when Belfast or Kutuzov start his gangbang he will use smoke and start daka-daka - that smoke will finish after 103 sec so you know exactly where he is and you know when he will exit smoke ( he will stop shooting or his smoke will be over ) so you can guess what oneshot him in smoke or you can try rush him or spot him and kill it - either of them are not that fast and will take a lot of damage when you see them and you will see them a lot  while on the other hand you will probably never see DD that can torp 20km away or 16km away with 72kn torps that have like 1km detectability ...

Belfast, Conqueror, Kutuzov and ect are annoyance but ships like Kamikaze R and this dd are just unbelievable retarded

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,063 battles
1 minute ago, Infiriel said:

But for real

I agree with Flamu that this ship won`t be fun to play, however this shows how bad the current situaton really is.

However i disagree about so-called "no counterplay".

If you see an Asashio on the enemy team just sail 5-6km behind cruisers, while keeping said cruisers between you, and expected Asashio location.

AND DON`T SAIL IN A GODDAMN STRAIGHT LINE: AT 16-20KM RANGE HOLDING D KEY FOR 3 GODDAMN SECONDS WILL MAKE TARGET PREDICTION COMPLETLY USELESS.

The other part of apparent "no counterplay" is the fact that if spotted Asashio is an XP pinata - and every DD except Kagero, and lower tier IJN DD`s will take a dump on him in 10 seconds flat. Therefore you can`t contest objectives, and you are even more hopeless against cruisers that already crap on IJN DD line.

I belive that Asashio is kinda balanced despite this epic damage potential, because it punishes bad gameplay - something somewhat inherent for BB`s nowadays, and is basicly useless in any other way.

Did you watch the video ? All this ship punished was BB captains trying to keep up with there CA/CLs and a BB that was capping all good gameplay not one of the BBs was camping .

All this ship is about is anti BB sentiment and WG are going to make a fast buck with it by jumping onto the gravy train , Instead of fixing there game they produce yet another gimmick premium ship.

BBs are overpopulated due to players actually wanting to play them and indirect buffs BBs received by the removal of certain mechanics in the game a far better solution would be to buff DD Torps across the board and make CA/CLs not as squishy but WG don't make money on that.

You want to kill BBs then WG are going to make you pay through the nose to do it , I find the whole thing disgusting and dirty.

[CAIN]
Players
2,869 posts
11,438 battles
8 minutes ago, Dbars_eu said:

The ship is fine imo. this is exactly what a premium should be.  it has it downsides and good. At least it isnt a Belfast or another russian flame thrower that can sit in smoke.

Is it? Really? A ship that is even worse then the Belfast is fine?

A Belfast has to be at 8-12km to be effective and it can be countered by radar, or by a BB with a spotter plane.

1 minute ago, Infiriel said:

But for real

However i disagree about so-called "no counterplay".

The other part of apparent "no counterplay" is the fact that if spotted Asashio is an XP pinata - and every DD except Kagero, and lower tier IJN DD`s will take a dump on him in 10 seconds flat. Therefore you can`t contest objectives, and you are even more hopeless against cruisers that already crap on IJN DD line.

I belive that Asashio is kinda balanced despite this epic damage potential, because it punishes bad gameplay - something somewhat inherent for BB`s nowadays, and is basicly useless in any other way.

And how do you determine where the 'expected' Asashio location is when there are more then two DDs in play? You really expect cruisers to sit 5-6km infront of BBs? Lel.

How do you expect to spot a ship that can sit 18km away and still can get torphits on you? Can you reliably hit a DD at these ranges?

Why would a Asashio player be infront of his team when he can sit comfy in the second or even third line?

Why taking the risk of being spotted and attacked by a DD when there is absolutely no reason to? 10 seconds flat?

How do you kill something that you can't see and you will not be able to see a decent player in this boat unless his team screws up badly. So you expecting to detenate Asashis on a regular basis?

It does NOT punish bad play, it will introduce more bad play.

Not only that, the BB drivers will scream for buffs and and they will receive them.

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,063 battles
2 minutes ago, Cime said:

in this game biggest problem was sitting passive sniper BBs and what WG do to solve that - sitting passive DD  - this is just f. hilarious 

What makes it worse is you have to pay lots of money to be a passive BB killer , If it stays as it is WG will making a killing on this thing totally disgusting.

Players
535 posts
6,726 battles
4 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Actually @Infiriel... Even Kagero CAN take a dump on Asashio, since Asashio's guns are nerfed Kagero guns. Hehehe! :Smile_Default:

tell me you do understand that we are talking about DD that have extremely fast torpedo with extreme range with 5.4 detectability - why do you think that you will ever see him in your dd and where will you find him 

[CATS]
Players
18,370 posts
11,944 battles

Basics of locating DDs:

When you see a torpspread you know:

• number of launchtubes per launcher
  • Normal torps or DWT
  • Sometimes the number of launchers
  • The spread gives you a feeling for the travel distance of torps
  • ---> position and type of DD x seconds ago

If there is only DD with DWT torpedos left on the enemy team and you see DWT,  you know where he is.

[UNICS]
Players
445 posts
6,079 battles
17 minut temu, MacFergus napisał:

Did you watch the video ? All this ship punished was BB captains trying to keep up with there CA/CLs and a BB that was capping all good gameplay not one of the BBs was camping .

Yes i did: the initial volley hit yamatos sailing in a straight line, and then there were BB`s rushing DD which is about as smart as getting Survivability Expert on a tier 3 BB

16 minut temu, Jethro_Grey napisał:

And how do you determine where the 'expected' Asashio location is when there are more then two DDs in play? You really expect cruisers to sit 5-6km infront of BBs? Lel.

How do you expect to spot a ship that can sit 18km away and still can get torphits on you? Can you reliably hit a DD at these ranges?

Why would a Asashio player be infront of his team when he can sit comfy in the second or even third line?

If you can`t determine even approximate position of enemy DD`s, then you`re doomed to get torped regardless of what DD`s enemy have.
Yes it it completly possible to STAY WITH A GODDAMN FLEET even in a BB, but if you scout the 10 line it`s only your fault.
If he doesn`t play outside of his fleet going nose-in against said enemy fleet will fix the problem for you (saturation after first torp). If he plays outside of his fleet (or in other words try to flank, or get any better angle) your DD`s should murder him in no time.

Again the only reason why Asashio might be able to brutalize you is because of your own failure - to either not show broadside, or to turn every now and then.

And by the way - there is a ship called Yueyang, that can do pretty much the same thing.
But also has decent guns, and can hit cruisers with torps.

[ONE2]
Players
2,825 posts
16,555 battles

Ahh @Cime, my friend. I have made no such assumption neither in this thread here nor otherwise. Merely pointed out that in a theoretical encounter Kagero could beat it, that's all. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

Players
5,375 posts
6,598 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Basics of locating DDs:

• Normal torps or DWT

If there is only DD with DWT torpedos left on the enemy team and you see DWT,  you know where he is.

I know, Asashio is a Kagero, so it "only" does 35 knots, but with 16-20 km torpedoes, does it help much to know it is maybe around 13 km in some direction? Will it still be there when you are there? Will it sit there for 2 minutes, reloading torps? I mean, even RPF is of limited value, if the Asashio spams the torps from behind DDs that are closer and elsewhere. Heck, there likely will be cruisers that are closer, because of the braindead range and how you can torp from behind friendly cruisers.

Players
535 posts
6,726 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Basics of locating DDs:

• Normal torps or DWT

Man I know that you are good player but sometimes I don't know are you trolling or wtf !?!?!?

you know where dd is from torpedo he lunch 16-20km away  ??????????  spread with torpedo boost - ok good luck with that, and tell what will you do when you see wide spread of torpedo and you say hmmm that DD is 16km in that direction - and that was like 2 min ago :)  in 2 min he can be left or right of that position by 10 km away or in foward or behind so that info is just plain useless for you - not to mention that you will see 72kn torpedo 1 km from you, GG man see you in port

Players
26 posts
9,887 battles
46 minutes ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

...and the odds of that happening with the average BB player?

I estimate the odds to be about the same as the average cruiser captains ability to dodge every bb shell. It’s not like there will be 5-7 asashios in every match sniping at enemy 3 bbs whenever they pop up, right? 

[UNICS]
Players
445 posts
6,079 battles
6 minut temu, Riselotte napisał:

I know, Asashio is a Kagero, so it "only" does 35 knots, but with 16-20 km torpedoes, does it help much to know it is maybe around 13 km in some direction? Will it still be there when you are there? Will it sit there for 2 minutes, reloading torps? I mean, even RPF is of limited value, if the Asashio spams the torps from behind DDs that are closer and elsewhere. Heck, there likely will be cruisers that are closer, because of the braindead range and how you can torp from behind friendly cruisers.

Once Asashio DWT torps are spotted, just move your hunk of steel so there would be literally any allied ship between you and the direction, from which said torps arrived.
Or island, since they have over 9000mm of armor.

And again: if he torps from behind his cruiser line he doesn`t provide any spotting, or cap control.

[CATS]
Players
18,370 posts
11,944 battles

5 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Yes, it helps to know from where to expect torpedos.

@Cime

There was a time we did not have last position markers on the minimap.

At that time I had a pretty good idea where each enemy DD was unless he was passive.

With the markers I got a bit more lazy, but my "6th sense" still works quite well.

Players
2,844 posts
14,993 battles
9 minutes ago, respect_my_slavspace said:

It’s not like there will be 5-7 asashios in every match sniping at enemy 3 bbs whenever they pop up, right? 

I would hope not.  :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
26 posts
9,887 battles

Despite what people write here, most players have an interest in teammates staying alive. Dd and cruiser captains will realize that getting their own bbs sniped from under their keels is detrimental to their own survival, so it’s not just the bbs who will have to adapt. Overall, the mere existence of this dd will trigger changes in behavior. 

Edited by respect_my_slavspace
Wrong thread but I’ll use this opportunity nevertheless.

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,063 battles
10 minutes ago, Infiriel said:

Yes i did: the initial volley hit yamatos sailing in a straight line, and then there were BB`s rushing DD which is about as smart as getting Survivability Expert on a tier 3 BB

If you can`t determine even approximate position of enemy DD`s, then you`re doomed to get torped regardless of what DD`s enemy have.
Yes it it completly possible to STAY WITH A GODDAMN FLEET even in a BB, but if you scout the 10 line it`s only your fault.
If he doesn`t play outside of his fleet going nose-in against said enemy fleet will fix the problem for you (saturation after first torp). If he plays outside of his fleet (or in other words try to flank, or get any better angle) your DD`s should murder him in no time.

Again the only reason why Asashio might be able to brutalize you is because of your own failure - to either not show broadside, or to turn every now and then.

At T8 this thing will see T6/7 granted it will see higher tiers more but at what point does a NM , Rado , Naggy , Nelson , Dunk,  get to use there amazing speed to dodge this undetectable torps from an undetectable ship normally I use my WASD when I know there is a DD in the vicinity I'm certainly not going to turn and offer broadside on a whim especially in a Dunk or Nelson. 

[ONE2]
Players
2,825 posts
16,555 battles
21 minutes ago, respect_my_slavspace said:

... It’s not like there will be 5-7 asashios in every match sniping at enemy 3 bbs whenever they pop up, right? 

Weeel....:cap_hmm: The average tier 8-10 games quite often DO have some 5 assorted DD's in each team so I would not be surprised. Especially immediately after release. Those matches might be priceless for their unintended comical value tho. Just imagine half-dozens of Potato-Asashios attempting to cap (for lack of any other DD) and desperately  trying to torp each other in their smokes. :cap_haloween:

I do remember the tier 8 Pan-Asian DD, who immediately after their release stubbornly persisted in trying torp me in my smoke (was indeed in a Kagero at the time) until I figured out where exactly he was and torp'd him instead. Fun times! :Smile_Default:

• Funny 1

[UNICS]
Players
445 posts
6,079 battles
9 minut temu, MacFergus napisał:

At T8 this thing will see T6/7 granted it will see higher tiers more but at what point does a NM , Rado , Naggy , Nelson , Dunk,  get to use there amazing speed to dodge this undetectable torps from an undetectable ship normally I use my WASD when I know there is a DD in the vicinity I'm certainly not going to turn and offer broadside on a whim especially in a Dunk or Nelson. 

You are talking about the 1 in 20 game. MM gods won`t allow it...

Anyway assuming you happened to be a T6 BBblessed with enemy Asashio, the rules remain mostly unchanged.
Hug islands, and use cruiser/dd screen.

2 minuty temu, RAHJAILARI napisał:

Just imagine half-dozens of Potato-Asashios attempting to cap (for lack of any other DD) and desperately  trying to torp each other in their smokes. :cap_haloween:

I`ve seen enough of Yueyang on Yueyang action :)
However Akizuki-kun (or good-ol Loyang) will soon come to pacify them.

• Cool 1

Players
535 posts
6,726 battles
6 minutes ago, Infiriel said:

the rules remain mostly unchanged.
Hug islands, and use cruiser/dd screen.

That is exactly what we need more in game Hug island sniper BBs  - nice ;)   while cruiser will be happy in chicken dodge game in front of BBs  -  how about not....

[ONE2]
Players
2,825 posts
16,555 battles
5 minutes ago, Infiriel said:

However Akizuki-kun (or good-ol Loyang) will soon come to pacify them.

YAY! Hooray to Akitsuki-kun! (luckily gots me one too):cap_like:

[CAIN]
Players
2,869 posts
11,438 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Basics of locating DDs:

• Normal torps or DWT

Really? While i'm not the best DD captain out there, i make sure that i'm not staying in the same location i launched my torps from.

And Asashio will make it so easy to not be where you expect me to be and with the TRB you can expect torps from me at least two different directions.

1 hour ago, Infiriel said:

And by the way - there is a ship called Yueyang, that can do pretty much the same thing.
But also has decent guns, and can hit cruisers with torps.

I've read it twice and all can say is: lol.

1 hour ago, Infiriel said:

Once Asashio DWT torps are spotted, just move your hunk of steel so there would be literally any allied ship between you and the direction, from which said torps arrived.
Or island, since they have over 9000mm of armor.

And again: if he torps from behind his cruiser line he doesn`t provide any spotting, or cap control.

Oh, but lets assume that the Asashio player is not your average WoWS player and plays smart: If i had the Asashio, i wouldn't be in the same location, i wouldn't launch all my torps from the same angle and i would make damn sure to use the TRB to get flooding after my target damaconned. It takes more then one torp to saturate the bow of a high tier BB and there is still flooding damage.

Yes, lets hide behind islands, cause nobody ever complained about camping/ hiding BBs, right?

And again: why would the Asashio player risk getting spotted and deleted? WHY? For a few measly cap XP? Sinking BBs yields XP too and you don't get spotted and you don't get shot at. All he has to do is stay back and spam torps!

20km range or 16 if you use torp accel so why bother getting close unless it's the last stage of the game and you hunt for the last BB?

Why spotting in the first place? Tell your team camp the islands, let the enemy come to us and focus them, when they break cover.

Well, and if the enemy doesn't want to, so what? I have 20km torps, sooner or later the'll find a target.