You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wtfzazo

To whoever said the current meta is favoring battlewagons

125 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
8,334 posts
10,816 battles

Not sure of intentional, but the irony with that thread title is strong since Flamu is also one of the many people that are/were vocal about the prolification of BBs.

A premium one-trick-pony that is strong against BBs (and hilariously weak against everything else!) doesn't do much to change that.

I'll give thanks for making me aware that there's a new Flamu video out though, going to watch it sometime later, cheers.

• Cool 8
  • Bad 1

Players
1,941 posts
10,642 battles

Yes people go hysterical with anti bb 20km torp. What he failed to mention is that people can still spot those torps, especially the decent CV players who go around spotting stuff for the team. Flamu can be wrong sometimes. In this case i think he missed out the part about other ships or planes spotting those torps, unless other ships or planes can't spot those dw torps.

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
Players
2,787 posts
11,013 battles

Met a ST Euan_Huzarny(?) in his Asashio earlier, and i fought it in my Yugumo.

I can't say i'm impressed, and the video didn't change my mind.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,334 posts
10,816 battles
Just now, Mr_Tayto said:

That looks like great fun:cap_haloween:

Until you realize your DWT can't even hit cruisers and your mainguns are even worse than the silver ship (Kagerou) counterpart.

Unless all of that has changed (haven't watched the vid yet) from the previously known Asashio characteristics, it's only good at torping BBs and crap at fighting everything else.

Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles

Nah, the very fact that they want to add this gimmicky one trick pony and expect it to sell should be proof enough that the current meta is heavily skewed in favour of the BBs.

Also, when did this turn into World of Wartrains? :cap_hmm:

• Cool 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
994 posts
7,671 battles

I'm a terrible DD player, I need all the help I can get! Even against BBs

[CATS]
Players
17,760 posts
11,755 battles
20 minutes ago, wtfzazo said:

I don't think so, really. Watch this video by Flamu.

No, will not watch. Either you tell us what you mean or you have no argument.

The queue lines speak for themselves.

The survival ratings of ships speak for themselves.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Angry 1

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,154 posts
15,014 battles

You see, the Asashio would be one of the rare examples where a premium ship that was superior to her silver counterpart would have been acceptable. Even if the Asashio was significantly stronger than the Kagero, the Kagero is quite frankly so bad that the Asashio could have easily placed at the middle of the pack. She was never going to compete with abominations like the Lo Yang or the Kidd, but making her at least somewhat equal to the Benson in utility and performance would have been perfectly acceptable. Instead, she is a ship that is so constrained and limited that she is nigh useless in most situations.

Oh, and OP. Releasing an exclusively anti-battleship destroyer isn't evidence against the battleship meta, it's evidence towards there being an undesirable BB meta considering the developers are changing the game such that they are introducing ships as solutions to battleship lines. They're stupid solutions, but attempts at solutions nevertheless.

• Cool 2

Players
1,941 posts
10,642 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

No, will not watch. Either you tell us what you mean or you have no argument.

Flamu dropping 20km dw torps at unsuspecting BBs  while enemy CV doesnt really bother with him, either spotting him or his torps. 

On a side note @Fionia_DK makes an appearence.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
3,078 posts
6,135 battles

The main complaint about battleships is that they sit at the back, at no real risk to themselves, farming damage, while being no use with objectives, and that being randomly dev striked by them while you try to fight for objectives is no fun.

This is just the DD version, made so people can sit at the back and click while under no threat and potentially get big damage numbers.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
17,760 posts
11,755 battles
4 minutes ago, pra3y said:

Flamu dropping 20km dw torps at unsuspecting BBs  while enemy CV doesnt really bother with him, either spotting him or his torps. 

On a side note @Fionia_DK makes an appearence.

and who is that?

[CATS]
Players
17,760 posts
11,755 battles

Ok, lets see if I understood that right.

Zazo is telling us that a ship that is NOT yet part of the game is a proof that the CURRENT meta is NOT BB friendly?

I do not know on which medication he is, but it seems quite strong for mixing up present and future this badly.

[KURLA]
Players
4,367 posts
16,858 battles

I'll translate your post before I start laughing at your general direction: "Buff BB ASAP"

• Funny 2

[AAO]
Players
2,116 posts
10,620 battles
53 minutes ago, wtfzazo said:

I don't think so, really. Watch this video by Flamu.

The moment I don't meet 5 BBs in 98% of my games anymore, I'll say that the meta has become somewhat less battlesheep friendly.

This useless DD will not change it.

What it will do is make me despair when I see it on my team because they will be the equivalent of a shima hunting for carriers from beginning till end of game.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[ONIX]
Players
1,211 posts
9,800 battles
12 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

You see, the Asashio would be one of the rare examples where a premium ship that was superior to her silver counterpart would have been acceptable. Even if the Asashio was significantly stronger than the Kagero, the Kagero is quite frankly so bad that the Asashio could have easily placed at the middle of the pack. She was never going to compete with abominations like the Lo Yang or the Kidd, but making her at least somewhat equal to the Benson in utility and performance would have been perfectly acceptable. Instead, she is a ship that is so constrained and limited that she is nigh useless in most situations.

Oh, and OP. Releasing an exclusively anti-battleship destroyer isn't evidence against the battleship meta, it's evidence towards there being an undesirable BB meta considering the developers are changing the game such that they are introducing ships as solutions to battleship lines. They're stupid solutions, but attempts at solutions nevertheless.

Yes. Flamu claims it will be a fun ship for the player driving her but in the Assashio WG has created (note: so far WiP) the most shelfish DD you could ever imagine, so ill-suited to capping that it will only attract a very specific type of player. It is in essence a Pan-Asian DD taken a further step up the stupidity ladder. Cruisers not affected by her torps with stupidly long range.

Players
42 posts
1,785 battles

That is a WTF E-100 in world of warships.

I am not whining about BB's being weak. And I am no camper, that's what the survival rates say. I go in and die first, but I am proud of that I am not at the back of the map.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,469 posts
9,924 battles

I thought the Graf Zeppelin would become the worst (worst for the overall gaming experience) premium of 2018, but apparently WG has even better ideas up their sleeves.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,979 posts
15,694 battles

Meh, Flamu should've died 10 times over if the enemy CV had simply spotted him. Or the Chung Mu had hunted him down instead of turning away for whatever reason.

But alas, expecting the average player to make intelligent decisions is like expecting to meet a unicorn someday in life.

Honestly I'm done having sympathies with BBs. Yes, Asashio is bad for the game. Yes, BB play will probably suffer tremendously.

Do I even care anymore though? Nah. BBs nowadays deserve whatever is coming for them. Most of them are doing nothing but camping in the back being worthless as all out anyway.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[MASLO]
Beta Tester
663 posts
1,238 battles

Funny argument by the baddie. "Very frustrating for BBs to play against" and "BBs have absolutely no counter play against it"...

So thats exactly 1 ship that is frustrating for BBs to play against, as opposed to every BB being frustrating to play against for every other class? Or how at those ranges even the smallest corrections in BB speed and direction lands you faaaaaaar away from torps? Its just that people are not familiar with it, so they thought they were safe and tunneled like baddies that they are. Yes poor BBs and them having absolutely no counter play against those torps... o_O

Like if DD thinks he is counter to BB and then gets deleted in one salvo because BBs are much scarier than CAs when you get spotted in a DD, unless its very short range, then CAs are bad thing to stumble upon.

But adding ship like this to game just tells us that WG will do nothing to move away from mass BB meta, maybe even make it worse. Imagine asashio in game with 1-2 BBs... completely useless. But with 5-6 per side, its decent if BBs dont know what it does.

Good stuff WG! Maybe they will give asashio to everyone to cull down BB numbers cause they are too scared to nerf their BBabies?

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,759 posts
9,369 battles
43 minutes ago, aboomination said:

I thought the Graf Zeppelin would become the worst (worst for the overall gaming experience) premium of 2018, but apparently WG has even better ideas up their sleeves.

a78ae76da19c1a0f9e0e9b2f7e6229e70bd36cf7

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,485 posts
11,598 battles

Good luck trying to hit any decent BB-player with those torps.