You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

FRENCH COLLECTION

102 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
1,552 posts
6,285 battles

I've just finished the mission to unlock the collection

It went just fine until the last 6 containers, 3 duplicates.

But even if I didn't got any duplicates the cards aren't enough to complete the collection.

That's it?

or there will be more missions to complete it?

• Boring 2

[SM0KE]
Players
2,080 posts
5,843 battles

I don't believe you're Doomed: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/vive-la-france-pt-1/

Scroll to the bottom - there are several more containers available in another set of missions that start on the 16th (you can also get more playing Clan Wars, I think)...

[L4GG]
Players
1,552 posts
6,285 battles
17 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

thank you

17 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I don't believe you're Doomed: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/vive-la-france-pt-1/

Scroll to the bottom - there are several more containers available in another set of missions that start on the 16th (you can also get more playing Clan Wars, I think)...

sorry?

[SM0KE]
Players
2,080 posts
5,843 battles
3 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

thank you

sorry?

Near the bottom of the article are the details of the second set of missions; do these, and you get more containers - you should be able to complete the collection with their contents. You are not Doomed.

Also, I believe that there are a number of missions in the current Clan Wars thing that also provide similar containers.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,250 posts
6,795 battles

12 containers in the 1st part of the mission

13 containers in the 3nd part of the mission (unlocking this friday)

3 containers in some easy-to-do CB mission

5 containers in "10 wins in Hurricane" CB mission

However many containers you want to buy from premium shop

ALL of that stated in the news article about the collection, but reading that before crying about it is too hard, huh?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,394 posts
8,764 battles

Am I the only one having a problem with WG selling permanent, exclusive buffs? I bet there will be a lot of players who won't be lucky enough to get that captain by just playing.

• Cool 3

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,583 battles
5 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

12 containers in the 1st part of the mission

13 containers in the 3nd part of the mission (unlocking this friday)

3 containers in some easy-to-do CB mission

5 containers in "10 wins in Hurricane" CB mission

However many containers you want to buy from premium shop

ALL of that stated in the news article about the collection, but reading that before crying about it is too hard, huh?

You also get 1 daily if you play Aigle until March 2  (including 3 camos+5 simpleflags + 1 item) and 1 premium container (total), but you of course must buy the ship. 

[ADRIA]
Players
4,250 posts
6,795 battles
22 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Am I the only one having a problem with WG selling permanent, exclusive buffs? I bet there will be a lot of players who won't be lucky enough to get that captain by just playing.

Statistically  (ignoring those who buy extra containers from shop ) 3/4 of those doing the campaign and not playing CB will fail

Those 3 easy-to-get containers in CB should make it doable enough for almost everyone involved to complete the collection, not even talking about 5 Hurricane ones.

[OLEUM]
Players
32 posts
13,661 battles

Hope this is not going to be a new trend. It is a no go to get this captain without playing CW (most players) or buying containers which are not cheap for this purpose. I collected 12, got 8items and 4 duplicates (no mission for free BB BTW, but that doesn't bother me much). No way I get remaining 10 items with second set of 13 containers. Can't play CWs (time restriction) and will sure not fall for this trap with buying containers. It is the first time like this, all other collections were doable with more or less efforts.

• Cool 3

[L4GG]
Players
1,552 posts
6,285 battles

Man, I just want to finish a collection, the last one I got was Dunkirk.

I'm not interested in another captain or any of the French bbs. At least for now, I don't understand yet where they will be. perhaps IJN clone ones? Not tanky but accurate? I don't know.

I've got the French line and I'm gridding it and in that time (Dunkirk) the French captain was very Handy (servicing in Algerie at the moment)

Got the Dunkirk flag and a lot of fun and frustrations too with that mission.

One by product of that Mission was old chap Jack, he is still in the office, I simply don't have any job for him yet.

So, I'm not in need of captains.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,984 battles

Does anyone know if you get the daily container missions even if you get the Aigle for free?

Because if you do you should be getting a lot more containers (than 25) before the collection closes.

[T-N-T]
Players
1,952 posts
9,426 battles

I believe the daily containers for Aigle end way before you can actually get the Aigle at the earliest for free.

Btw, don't forget that duplicates can get you a couple missing items themselves (exchanging 3 for one).

[POP]
Weekend Tester
533 posts

My probably entirely unreliable calculations give me about 27.4% for no extra containers and 92.1% if you get 3 extra from clan wars.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,250 posts
6,795 battles
17 hours ago, G4tt4B0 said:

No way I get remaining 10 items with second set of 13 containers.

Actually you need just 7 items in those 13 containers to finish the collection by trading in duplicates

13 hours ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

Pretty sure it's still 22.5% chance of completing the collection without buying anything.

27.4% or something like that :cap_like:

[OLEUM]
Players
32 posts
13,661 battles

So for the record of this pathetic collection - 15crates opened, 8 items collected, 7 duplicates. (No BB mission of course). Highly motivating. I already have full squadron of bombers in duplicates. Fair RNG.....hahaha I think I have to get back to school and redo all those many years of math as much had to change over those years! Hunting DOY was similar, where I had more duplicates than items even though I had only small fraction of items collected at that time. At least there were many crates to finish it in the end.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
877 posts
5,131 battles

I did buy the Aigle on the first day.   However with the container I got in-game (with the 'daily missions') I had the Bretagne mission in the first day's container and the Lyon in the 3rd days's container.

It is bad if the collection cannot be completed without either buying the Aigle and/or buying containers.

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Players
1,351 posts
10,839 battles

This sucks. For 15 chances so far I got 5 duplicates. Even at this early stage 1/3 bad apples - and later it will be much more probable. :cap_fainting:

And zero ship missions. Nul, nil, void, nothing. What $@#k? :cap_viking:

0 success/15 attempts? I see tons of French BB playing around. 

It seems they are probably mostly Premium Shop Clients then. All the "mission" looks like just another bait to spend money, nothing more. 

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,069 posts
17,316 battles
1 hour ago, aboomination said:

Can there be duplicates in the crates from the shop btw?

Yes.

• Angry 1

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles
3 hours ago, EdiJo said:

This sucks. For 15 chances so far I got 5 duplicates. Even at this early stage 1/3 bad apples - and later it will be much more probable. :cap_fainting:

And zero ship missions. Nul, nil, void, nothing. What $@#k? :cap_viking:

0 success/15 attempts? I see tons of French BB playing around. 

It seems they are probably mostly Premium Shop Clients then. All the "mission" looks like just another bait to spend money, nothing more. 

I think premium containers have a higher chance for getting those French BB's.

I got 12 containers from last week missions with 0 ships, then I bought 3 premium containers and got Bretagne and Normandie.

Maybe you should try to buy some if you really want them. I bought containers just in hope to get more Ouroboros signals.

1 hour ago, aboomination said:

Can there be duplicates in the crates from the shop btw?

Yes. At least I got 1 duplicate from 3 premiums.

[LOOM]
[LOOM]
Players
418 posts
18,969 battles

so i finish both France Mission sets  26 Containers .Guess what i need one more duplicate to get the collection done .

So in the end i am forced to buy  or not finish the collection ? .