You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Krikkio82

+T8 closed for BAD Players

63 comments in this topic

[IRN]
Players
503 posts
8,893 battles

This will never happen be cause I bet WG gain a ton of money from this players. Bad players (300-600 PR) plenty of TX ships and potatoing every game, Top Tier but on the bottom XP every time.

A good player can make your team win but a very bad can make you loose, if it happens at T1-2-3-4-5-6 IMO it's not so huge of a problem: 1-may he/she still learning 2-service cost are low 3- sh*t happens. But on T8-9-10 things are getting serious, this is not the place to learn the game, if a player trow away a game we were easy winning I go full mad :cap_viking: (and get reported :cap_viking: ). 

Would it not be great to limit this players to play one +T8 game once in a while  by closing +T8MM and forcing them to play many low Tiers games (actually to learn how to play) before letting them play another +T8 game ??

This would not be skilled base MM just selective MM. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 6
  • Angry 1

Players
1,677 posts
12,951 battles

We have that for T10. It's called Clan Battles :>

While I do agree some games are extremely frustrating (had some games lately in which my allied T9 or T10 CV had a PR of <150 and WR of <40% after 80+ games with that ship), you cannot really exclude them. Some are not able to learn the game, others are not willing to become any better. It is their right to do or not to do so. 

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,806 posts
15,458 battles

I have no problem with this idea, as long as people like you get permanently banned from the game.

So, are you willing to take one for the team? :cap_cool:

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 2

Beta Tester
656 posts
2,063 battles
53 minutes ago, Krikkio82 said:

This will never happen be cause I bet WG gain a ton of money from this players. Bad players (300-600 PR) plenty of TX ships and potatoing every game, Top Tier but on the bottom XP every time.

A good player can make your team win but a very bad can make you loose, if it happens at T1-2-3-4-5-6 IMO it's not so huge of a problem: 1-may he/she still learning 2-service cost are low 3- sh*t happens. But on T8-9-10 things are getting serious, this is not the place to learn the game, if a player trow away a game we were easy winning I go full mad :cap_viking: (and get reported :cap_viking: ). 

Would it not be great to limit this players to play one +T8 game once in a while  by closing +T8MM and forcing them to play many low Tiers games (actually to learn how to play) before letting them play another +T8 game ??

So you want skill based MM? .

Any form of skill based MM selective or not will make your WR drop faster than random every will , I don't get players like yourself you have a very good 59% but you still not happy , I suggest a few beers and a wholesome woman and play for fun.

• Cool 9

[POP]
Players
448 posts
9,640 battles

"Bad" is a relative thing. If you remove "bad" the current mediocore will become new "bad". And the circle is ready.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,789 posts
6,430 battles
1 hour ago, MacFergus said:

I suggest a few beers and a wholesome woman and play for fun.

In any particular order?

;)

• Funny 4

[ALONE]
Players
1,417 posts
10,924 battles

We need short (but adequately difficult) scenario missions which would be required to be finished before being allowed to play a particular tier of a ship line outside of co-op.

Kinda "driving licence for T8 German BB", for example. And ideally I would see that with an expiration time, ~6 months maybe. 

Bought Enterprise? Wanna dust-off your Tirpitz you haven't played since a year ago? Pass the exam and unlock the tier first (in this ship or other similar boat, in bot-scenario mode). 

And problem solved.

The thing is, that this for WG both:

1) requires expenses on manpower to create scenarios and implement the "licence system"

2) reduces income from potatos running through high tiers in headless-chicken mode

so WG will not give a #$@ and will just harvest money as fast as they can while watching the game turns into tomato soup. 

So far the most similar thing WG did are "elite badges", which are

1) oriented on long grinding, not learning

2) with tedious, but not complicated winning criteria (like average dmg)

- as usual, max profit at minimum expenses.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

ah.. another weekly ban bad players from high tiers...if they just scroll down a page or two they will find similar topic from last week..

• Cool 1

[7DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,557 battles

What so many don't understand is that without the bad players there are also no good players!

If all have nearly the same skill they all become average!

I like bad players when they are in enemy team, not so much when they are in my team! :Smile_bajan2:

Maybe i am also a bad player?

Nevermind, the main goal for all players should been fun!

• Cool 4

[L4GG]
Players
2,101 posts
7,682 battles
4 hours ago, EdiJo said:

We need short (but adequately difficult) scenario missions which would be required to be finished before being allowed to play a particular tier of a ship line outside of co-op.

Sorry, but that idea it's dead on arrival.

I recently went for co-op to grind a ship and I can tell you that the dynamics over there (of everything) are quite different.

there.

you just don't cap or spot.

there

the rewards are quite ridiculous and the bots are not enough to go around for all, so in many games you are in a competition with other players.

there

you finish a lot of battles without capping a single point.

@Krikkio82

You do realise that without plebes, the counts, dukes, earls, Marquis have to clean the King's a ss themselves, don't you? 

But you can go to co-op, there you can be the King and have the cleanest as.s of all the realm.

A full team of bots will provide you the biggest and better WR you ever saw in World of Warships.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
1,831 posts
7,009 battles

And here i was thinking he was talking about Cherry2blost and company and i was surprised to see this thread.

• Cool 1

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
17 hours ago, Krikkio82 said:

Reminds me of a show I watched. Topic was indentured servitude:
"It's not slavery, it's friendly, happy, nice slavery."

"Slavery+"

:Smile_teethhappy:

As soon as you divide or exclude players based on their skill, it is skill-based MM. Making up another word for it doesn't change anything.

I doubt WG could afford to do this. Not necessarily because of economic reasons but if you want to ban bad players from tier 8+, you will have two major issues:
1) Players will leave the game or simply not play because they are not allowed to play their favourite ships anymore which - depending on the extent - will make it harder to form matches, especially at tier 10 because of a lower available player count.

2) From a bad player's point of view they don't have any reason anymore to fight ships of tier 8 and above because they know their opponent is more skilled and they have less to non of a chance to do anything. This means more frustration because of some will simply give up faster than they already do...

I am not saying the current system is perfect, especially with tier 8 premium ships for new players or tier 10 players who just died through hundreds of battles to get there. But excluding them outright IMO is the wrong way.

16 hours ago, MacFergus said:

So you want skill based MM? .

Any form of skill based MM selective or not will make your WR drop faster than random every will , I don't get players like yourself you have a very good 59% but you still not happy

To be fair, a high WR doesn't automatically mean it is fun or the player is happy. Games which are too easy (hence you have a high WR) usually become boring very fast. Some players don't care about their WR if they have fun but rather care about graphics, challenges, the historical aspects/fluff or that something somewhere makes boom on their screen. And be it their own ship.

• Cool 2

Players
1,677 posts
12,951 battles

Just a taste of yesterday's frustration. Not constructive perhaps but fitting to this topic (and I need to vent):

unknown.png

1 victory and 2 defeats followed afterwards. 

Same old story - lemmings on Two Brothers; teams not deciding (or ignoring the decisions) on which caps to focus; east spawns going west, west spawns going east, ending with a clusterfck in the middle; teams ignoring all caps with 8 ships hiding on the B line not having any enemies to shoot at...

This was the Hakuryu player in my last battle:

unknown.png

He ran 4-2-2, auto-attacks only, no strafes, kept all fighters grouped up and attacked single squads with them. The only reason why they didn't get wiped out by the enemy Midway was him not using manual attacks either.

Players
83 posts
21 hours ago, Krikkio82 said:

While i agree there are players that are below average (there won't be an average otherwise), closing of parts of a game 'because you are not good enough' is not a good thing to do. The problem is in my opinion how the game handles the player rank when starting to play. I think it would be better to let new players gradually progress through a number of scenario's that apply to their current rank/tier. unlock your first Battleship? give a mission (maybe mandatory of give some neat rewards to encourage playing it), that explains the basics. Position on the map, changing that position when needed. Angling, torpedo evasion and prediction (let a DD be spotted for a short time outside torpedo range, and again inside torpedo range and explain what to do for example), which ship is the most important target. And the same sort of stuff for other ship types. That would give every player a more solid base then some pop-up that some might even just close without reading. Also, such mission should be 'fail-able', otherwise you wouldn't learn a thing imo.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

Some people will never learn from their mistakes. No matter of what. And nothing will change it.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,438 posts

Note: Yes I am mocking the OP with this post.

Headline: Forums closed for bad users

This will never happen because I bet WG gains a ton of money from bad users. Bad users with plenty of bad ideas posting them at every opportunity, day in and day out.

A good poster can make a good argument but a very bad one just throws accusations at others. It's not a huge problem if it happens on forums I don't visit IMO. At those forums the atmosphere might be more toxic in general, or someone dared the user to post the bad thread. But in the WoWs forums things are serious. This is not the place to learn to troll or find excuses. If a user posts an unconstructive troll thread I will downvote (and report) it.

Would it not be great to limit unconstructive users by closing the WoWs forum for them and forcing them to spend time on other forums?

This would not be a bad forum to have.

at OP

If you want to improve something start with your attitude.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
656 posts
2,063 battles
45 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

This will never happen because I bet WG gains a ton of money from bad users. Bad users with plenty of bad ideas posting them at every opportunity, day in and day out.

A good poster can make a good argument but a very bad one just throws accusations at others. It's not a huge problem if it happens on forums I don't visit IMO. At those forums the atmosphere might be more toxic in general, or someone dared the user to post the bad thread. But in the WoWs forums things are serious. This is not the place to learn to troll or find excuses. If a user posts an unconstructive troll thread I will downvote (and report) it.

Would it not be great to limit unconstructive users by closing the WoWs forum for them and forcing them to spend time on other forums?

at OP

Cant make out if your being serious or not or you want a job with WG whatever your reasons you need to go polish your jack boots somewhere else , forums are for everyone even people who like to rant or vent if you don't like it you don't have to comment on it simple.

And ill say this the op doesn't need to improve his attitude but you most certainly do bet you have a signed photo of victor over your bed.:Smile_ohmy: 

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,438 posts
2 hours ago, MacFergus said:

Cant make out if your being serious or not or you want a job with WG whatever your reasons you need to go polish your jack boots somewhere else , forums are for everyone even people who like to rant or vent if you don't like it you don't have to comment on it simple.

I said I am mocking. As in: Not serious. It is the very first thing written in my post.

Forums are indeed for everyone. Within limits as outlined by the forum rules.

I have a strong dislike of people who believe themself superior over others and that they therefore can make suggestions that would limit the gameplay experience of others. Good player, bad player, average player. It doesn't matter. We are all players of the same game and we should get along. Suggestions like the one made by the OP are harmfull to the community and as such fall into the unconstructive category. Which is not something that is welcome to the forums (aka read the rules).

There is no right to be toxic. And (please deaktivate your sarcasm detector or it might blow) I am deeply sorry for prefering a positive community over a destructive one.

• Cool 1

[SLAPP]
Players
1,343 posts
7,559 battles

who are we removing? 

Bad

Bad-A

Bad-b 

Bad-c

Bad-f

-bad-

there are so manny :( 

• Funny 1

Players
100 posts
4 hours ago, Egoleter said:

at OP

qfe

Players
100 posts

Randoms are random. It does not seem like it would be hard to comprehend.

You performance will be ranked in Ranked. Maybe take some responsibility of who you enter with if it is important to you.

Now you try with Clan Battles...

[SLAPP]
Players
1,343 posts
7,559 battles
1 hour ago, justadude0815 said:

Randoms are random. It does not seem like it would be hard to comprehend.

You performance will be ranked in Ranked. Maybe take some responsibility of who you enter with if it is important to you

this is only true when the potatoes STay in randoms and not join ranked at all

but sadly  ranked gets screwed over by teamkillers and ppl who have no clue as well :(