You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jethro_Grey

Sleeping Giant map

26 comments in this topic

[CAIN]
Players
3,398 posts
12,632 battles

Despite the new map being visually nice, it's another of WGs camp fest maps where EDIT camp south of A and C. 

Pls rework this map or remove it, we don't need more campy maps where single-cell organisms can hide all game long like the EDIT they are.

No idea how this map was considered to be ok, but by now it shouldn't be a surprise that WG balancing department is full of people who have combined about as much brain as the below average WoWS player.

/end rant

Edited by Kampa1987
Insults
  • Cool 6
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
2,514 posts
6,728 battles

Didnt get that map yet cuzz MM trolling me :Smile_sceptic:

i do however like the rework on ToD map, played it last night and for me it's way better than the old one :Smile_honoring:

[CAIN]
Players
3,398 posts
12,632 battles
On 2/11/2018 at 8:25 PM, Major_Damage225 said:

Didnt get that map yet cuzz MM trolling me :Smile_sceptic:

i do however like the rework on ToD map, played it last night and for me it's way better than the old one :Smile_honoring:

*edited*

Edited by Daxeno
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,614 posts
14,221 battles

I honestly don't know how in hell this map made it through playtesting as a valid high level map...

• Cool 1

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,307 posts
8,606 battles
On 2/11/2018 at 8:30 PM, Jethro_Grey said:

*edited*

Losing streak?:Smile_bajan2:

[CAIN]
Players
3,398 posts
12,632 battles
On 2/11/2018 at 8:31 PM, Ubertron_X said:

I honestly don't know how in hell this map made it through playtesting as a valid high level map...

I was wondering too until i realized that the balancing department is about *edited* a lot of WG customers.

WG should hire someone, who acts immediately when some WG employee mumbles something along the lines of 'i have an idea' and slaps him with a sledgehammer once or twice.

Edited by Daxeno
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Funny 2

Beta Tester
2,514 posts
6,728 battles
3 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Played it aswell, and it's the same $hit just starting locations are different.

While there might be an improvement, the majority of the 'players' (aka the window licking re7arded single-cell imbecils) didn't get the memo and still camp like spineless cowards.

TBH, in the case of single-celled joyriders, you know no map is ever gonna work, exept mabe a 16km/16km ocean map :Smile_izmena:

[CAIN]
Players
3,398 posts
12,632 battles
4 minutes ago, Geralt_z_Rivii365 said:

Losing streak?:Smile_bajan2:

I lost two more games than i won, so it ain't exactly a streak.

It's the fact that many of these games were perfectly winnable if some window lickers wouldn't have found ways to throw safe victories simply by being $hit at the game.

[CAIN]
Players
3,398 posts
12,632 battles
1 minute ago, Major_Damage225 said:

TBH, in the case of single-celled joyriders, you know no map is ever gonna work, exept mabe a 16km/16km ocean map :Smile_izmena:

16km is way too much, 10x10km is a perfectly sized map.

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
2,514 posts
6,728 battles
1 minute ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Need a new BB bingo card: Map too small

Dont give out ideas, ive already seen a few Yamatos with the range module :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 1

[CAIN]
Players
3,398 posts
12,632 battles
1 minute ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Dont give out ideas, ive already seen a few Yamatos with the range module :Smile_sceptic:

And it's sad to say that those who specc range on Yamato and/ or SE are probably the smarter single-cell organisms compared to the rest.

• Funny 2

[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
9,002 battles

What is the problem with the new map?

It gives out opportunities and doesn't have a totally opened part where only BBs can survive. It has enough islands to hide and actually makes you to think when you play. Have had several games and I enjoyed them all.

[SLAPP]
Players
1,348 posts
7,682 battles

only played it once but i like it :D  at least this map gives the player the chance to close in of  your get those campers  in spawn 

Players
886 posts
12,666 battles

More and more and more maps with everything clumped up in a small portion of the map and tons of islands for braindeads who don't know how to do anything but park their ships... We need more maps like Land of Fire for example...Maps that use up all their area and don't have more than 1-2 decent park spots.

• Cool 1

[_DIB_]
Players
139 posts
11,814 battles

Oneway to get rid of the frozen tongue window lickers and such from camping is to put the IJN line back to their original torpedoes config for the 16km and shorter distance torpedoes. Lol that would help, but at the same time we would get the same wine as it was before the nerfing.

[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

I feel A cap on this promotes bad play as nothing larger than a DD can risk going into it as you're stuck in the circle. 

I've won loads so far simply by rushing C flank in DDs. 

The random low gaps in the islands makes CW interesting as you can peek shoot stuff.

Players
1,806 posts
4,631 battles

I've had one game in this map.

Firstly, the MM shat itself and put my team with one 2-man division against two 3-man divisions on the enemy team - not to mention the enemy team had most of the radar cruisers. Practically a loss from the start.

During the battle I got radared in my Harekaze by the enemy Moskva right at the start around C cap and lost 2/3 to 3/4 of my health - making the rest of the match hell as I couldn't afford to get close to the enemy LoYang in B or the higher-tier enemy gunboat DDs in the A cap. I managed about 40k damage by torpedoing an enemy Kurfurst (and sinking him) but was sunk by a z-46(?) hiding in his smoke after being radared by the Moskva still camping at C.

The map is far too cramped for high-tier gameplay and encourages camping behind islands and radaring anything that tries to cap. In my humble opinion it would sit better at tier 5-7 matchmaking, as there is less radar and most ships are a lot smaller. Reminds me of the B and C caps in shatter (the one with the four-or-five islands creating narrow entranceways and the other with the big island in the middle of it) and saying "let's do that, but worse".

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,614 posts
14,221 battles

Map is too small for up to T10 games and the lay-out is simply rubbish.

Cap A is too protected and/or a death trap (depending on your class), cap B is too open and no random will ever go to open spaces/center anyway because of danger of getting shot at, which leaves cap C to actually fight over.

In effect that means that only one third of the map area is utilised.

0nLi5wC.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts

Excellent analysis @Ubertron_X, graphics do it real justice as well as the notations.

Not a big fan of this map, it plays pretty poorly at the upper tier bracket, it might work at lower tiers without Radars.

Players
986 posts
5,141 battles

I agree with a lot of what you said. There is too much cover and too little room to maneuver. Fun fact: If you intend to go wide a in shima from north a Henri iv may or may not pop up in front of you, 7km away. The mere fact that they decided to throw an untested and new map into the cw pool is simply repulsive. Tell your map designers that ships not named Des Moines want a fun map as well.

[ONE2]
Players
2,939 posts
17,689 battles
9 hours ago, Negativvv said:

I feel A cap on this promotes bad play as nothing larger than a DD can risk going into it as you're stuck in the circle. 

I've won loads so far simply by rushing C flank in DDs. 

The random low gaps in the islands makes CW interesting as you can peek shoot stuff.

I agree, had only 1 game on this map so far, but it was a good, fluid and exiting cliffhanger match right to the finish. No-one camped on either side so I had fun. We won in the end but just by a hair's breadth. B and C caps are OK but A is too isolated by the 2 extra-large islands. They should make a few gaps into them, similar to what they did with the B cap on Trap methinks.:cap_hmm: