You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
123unknnown123

Scripts problem

9 comments in this topic

Question

Players
6 posts
561 battles

Hi,

i have a little problem with scripts_config file. I reinstalled WoWS, bcos it crashed a lot and i didnt saw that launcher was for NA. I dont want to wait for another few hours to redownload it again so i googled this problem and i found that i just need to edit mentioned file to EU version so if anyone could help ill be grateful. Or you can just send the lines from the file down here. Thanks for early replies.(and sorry for my english if i got sth wrong, im not native speaker :D)

scripts NA if someone would want this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<scripts_config.xml debugInfo="true" checkPing="true">

<space>spaces/00_CO_ocean</space>

<offlineModel>PASC001_Erie_1936</offlineModel>

<player startPosition="0.0 0.0 -313.0" startDirection="1.0 0.0 0.0" entityType="Avatar"/>

<cursorScaleSpeed y="40" x="40"/>

-<server online="true">

-<host wgnrurl="https://na.wargaming.net" realm="na" ids="IDS_US" csis="http://csis.worldoftanks.com/csis/wowsus" alias="WOWS NA">

<master addr="login2.worldofwarships.com:20020"/>

<master addr="login1.worldofwarships.com:20020"/>

</host>

</server>

<chat visibleLines="6"/>

<writeCombatLog>true</writeCombatLog>

<Dock3D>true</Dock3D>

<CurseVoice>true</CurseVoice>

<scriptProfiler port="6666" netSend="false" enabled="true" address="0.0.0.0"/>

<GameParams packed="true"/>

<disableTrainingRoom>true</disableTrainingRoom>

<targetPlatform>PC</targetPlatform>

</scripts_config.xml>

8 answers to this question

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,175 posts
5,044 battles

Here is the content of my file :

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<scripts_config.xml debugInfo="true" checkPing="true">

<player startPosition="0.0 0.0 -313.0" startDirection="1.0 0.0 0.0" entityType="Avatar"/>

<server online="true">

<host wgnrurl="https://eu.wargaming.net" realm="eu" ids="IDS_EU" csis="http://csis.worldoftanks.eu/csis/wowseu" alias="WOWS EU">

<master addr="login2.worldofwarships.eu:20020"/>

<master addr="login1.worldofwarships.eu:20020"/>

</host>

</server>

<chat visibleLines="6"/>

<Dock3D>true</Dock3D>

</scripts_config.xml>

Players
6 posts
561 battles
1 hour ago, NoirLotus said:

Here is the content of my file :

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<scripts_config.xml debugInfo="true" checkPing="true">

<server online="true">

<host wgnrurl="https://eu.wargaming.net" realm="eu" ids="IDS_EU" csis="http://csis.worldoftanks.eu/csis/wowseu" alias="WOWS EU">

<master addr="login2.worldofwarships.eu:20020"/>

<master addr="login1.worldofwarships.eu:20020"/>

</host>

</server>

<chat visibleLines="6"/>

<Dock3D>true</Dock3D>

</scripts_config.xml>

Thanks, it works now!... but crashes anyways :/... gues ill try installing newer dx or vcredist

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,175 posts
5,044 battles

You crash at star or when connecting to the game. It seems the servers have some issues today.

Players
6 posts
561 battles
46 minutes ago, NoirLotus said:

You crash at star or when connecting to the game. It seems the servers have some issues today.

i just started playing it again like 2 weeks ago... it is not just today... and it crashes when im in battle so its pretty frustrating too when im in a middle of the fight and suddenly it crashes... but im trying it rn cause i downloaded WG game center and checked integrity of the files of the game... if that doeasnt solve it too than idk what to do

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,175 posts
5,044 battles

Do you use mods ? If yes, remove them and try again.

Did you try lowering your graphic settings ?

Players
6 posts
561 battles
21 minutes ago, NoirLotus said:

Do you use mods ? If yes, remove them and try again.

Did you try lowering your graphic settings ?

no i dont use mods and ill try lowering graphics, but otherwise my pc is running at 75fps minimum on high graphics no problem... i will try to screen the error but i have just black screen till i turn off WoWS in task manager, but if i turn it off the error closes too... i reinstalled WoWS today so its clean install.

edit: i tested it and now it just froze - music is still playing but nothing is happening... (first it froze and then i tried to lower graphics but i reconnected to the battle and it froze again)

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles
32 minutes ago, 123unknnown123 said:

and here is the error... and this time i tried lowering graphics...

err.PNG

Here is a pretty lenghty post about that problem

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/131960-access-violation-0xc0000005-fix-or-at-least-a-somewhat-answer/

the important part:

Don`t fret. Just let me tell you its good your here and gonna listen to me, because if you had gone and downloaded a new client, it wouldn't have done anything but pop the same error and waste 4-8 hours.

let me tell you from personal experience, when you are starving for your ship crack, and tired from days of trying to fix it, and in a world where every single WOT problem has been checked and rechecked and had a fix created for it, where you are alone and doing some of supports job on your own and finally reinstall the game and the same exact error pops, you feel like boring out your temple with a cordless. Getting this error over and over is demoralizing. But having Google keep rerouting you to  WOTs crowd complaining about not having enough camos or premium tanks while you can`t even log into the game, and no one can tell you why

Summed up, what happens to most of us is one of two things. Either we installed other programs that use the same C++ DLLs [and actually most programs use these]. Then at some point we tried to start the game while those were being borrowed and the game failed. Or a program was deleted and the uninstaller thought the DLL was owned by, said program even though, it was really just on loan.

Or like me, you upgraded windows for your awesome new Ryzen, and was forced to go from win 7 to win 10 and you didn't realize these DLLs are stored in different spots. So when the game sees you on 10, it looks and either sees the wrong versions or the wrong locations.

Either way, your missing one of the Visual C++ installments. And since im so cool, I`ll make it easy on you and give you a single installer to install. [Vs us having to keep track of those 20+ plugins and files. Like we did in WOTs opening.]

So go here and DL the file. And install them. BUT DO NOT TRY TO RUN GAME UNTIL WE FIX NEXT STEP. OR YOU WILL LOSE THESE AGAIN, AND FIX NOTHING!!!

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/visual_c_runtime_installer.html

While your at it. DL Windows Repair. This is amazing and it easily fixes and checks your systems path, variables and best of all resets permissions and policies without killing Apps or programs. It truly is great for this, because it can reregister all missing DLLs etc. And it runs SFC and DISM to fix your windows image and system files. I own it and bought it, because it was so amazing.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/news/story/video_using_tweaking_com_windows_repair_to_fix_windows_problems.html 

Now you are almost done. Simply navigate to WOWS main directory. for example, this is mine

C:\Games\World_of_Warships_NA

Find Preferences.XML and this is the culprit. 

This file is loaded and literally is what decides what loads and what doesnt. Imagine this is the reason you sit at the loading bar/circle. This tells your blank game what to run and how to run.

So everytime our game crashes, it has Pref.XML open and since it crashes, it doesn`t completely load and fails but worse, it trys to save a corrupted file. So, even with the DLL fixed the Pref file is now destroyed, but worse than that, you think the same thing is happening, when in reality that part is fixxed.

So because this happens, when you delete this file it goes back to vanilla game.

FROM NOW ON, IT IS WISE TO DELETE THIS EVERY ! SINGLE! PATCH! 

Think how many settings are hidden and saved. So you either get old settings that clutter it up, or you don`t get the new ones needed to run right.

What I do is copy a file called Preferences1.xml and never edit item, once I have all my map settings and carousel and graphics and audio. Then I copy paste the important parts when I load the game and it creates a new blank file. 

Im sorry about grammar in advanced, I have been up 3 days. But I feel so bad every time I see a new thread with this, I finally had to fix it. Or at least help.

I am also having the worst black screen issues ever. Now anytime I click a button [Like a GUI/SWF/Flash or Actionscript 3 button] I have a good chance of being kicked into a limbo state where I have to pull my BIOS battery. 

So see kids, things can always get worse. If anyone has info on this [I am looking at you support] Please let me know.

I am going to do a in depth Wargaming Repair Tool review as it's incredibly powerful and amazing tool, that for some reason WG doesn't push harder. But it tests Networks, PythonLogs, Directx, SWF files for memory leaks and a ton more. 

But with my luck I found the one problem [Black Screen] where I get no logs at all, and it might as well be like I never crashed. Also it's the only game it happens to. AND EVERY DRIVER IS UP TO DATE AND NOT CONFLICTING.

Ok guys I hope this helps you, if it does throw me some love. I accept all forms of voluntary Meatshields/Divimates to sacrifice there ships for my stats :)

Let me know if it helps and fixes your ship.