Server Downtime 21/02 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RaptorWildfire

Game started to suck

27 comments in this topic

[BOLD]
Beta Tester
156 posts
6,532 battles

Dear, WG, how do you feel about your game if you shoot a 12 salvo ARKANSAS in a PERFECTLY SITTING DANAE from 8 km and you get 830 damage? What? Louder, please, I can't hear what's your excuse.

Oh, and I believe after <5000 games I do know how to aim.

• Funny 3

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,709 posts
9,234 battles

Yes, plus buff Ark

I mean, have you seen the reviews ?
"0/10 not enough guns" IGN
"Needs more equipment slot" RPS

Needs 2.1 sigma and 12 equipment slots

WG, buff pls

I want to mount 8 different -11% dispersion modules on it :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[DSPA]
Beta Tester
260 posts

The guy was referring to RNG bad luck and you trolls just wait like sad wolves  ready to flame. Where is a moderator when you need one? Shouldn't alpha testers conform to a set of rules before posting retarded answers? Hmm , will ask WG about that.

Was he requesting buffs? He blamed the ridiculous RNG in this game.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,709 posts
9,234 battles
9 minutes ago, clocky said:

The guy was referring to RNG bad luck and you trolls just wait like sad wolves  ready to flame. Where is a moderator when you need one? Shouldn't alpha testers conform to a set of rules before posting retarded answers? Hmm , will ask WG about that.

RNG hasn't changed in years.

This is a vent thread, so I'm venting as well.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,744 posts
9,461 battles
1 hour ago, RaptorWildfire said:

Dear, WG, how do you feel about your game if you shoot a 12 salvo ARKANSAS in a PERFECTLY SITTING DANAE from 8 km and you get 830 damage? What? Louder, please, I can't hear what's your excuse.

1 hour ago, clocky said:

So Danae, which nobody will chose to play voluntarily except for grinding through it, has one gamemechanism in its favour that saves him from being clubbed by big bad bully which he has no chance of defeating anyway...

Yea, it's surely impolite to react cynical to OP's post...

Poor BBs have all the disadvantages in this game. Please fix RNG, WG. Every decent salvo should be devstrike.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,820 posts
5,104 battles
1 hour ago, clocky said:

Shouldn't alpha testers conform to a set of rules before posting retarded answers?

I'm sorry, but clearly you missed the entire non-constructiveness of the "game sucks" header along with the "I am doing everything right so there must be something wrong with the game" mentality. Additionally, the Arkansas is not a weak ship and implying that RNG should favour her more is just asking for an unnecessary buff. Alpha testers are also not bound to a stricter moral code or additional rules than your average poster so I fail to see how that is even relevant.

Lastly, if the OP meant that there is too much RNG in the game, a battleship should be the last thing to be used as a discussion-starter, as gun RNG is the only thing that keeps the class somewhat balanced.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,454 battles

Dude, i once got burned down by an Atlanta in a Fuso literally from 100% because every one of my shells overpenetrated. I had 13 overpens on him in the end. When i am in the Atlanta a BB hits the water 100m behind me, the shell skips across the water, hits my stern, overpenetrates and hits my citadel.

Sometimes RNGsus just gives you the finger.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
1 hour ago, PzychoPanzer said:

So Danae, which nobody will chose to play voluntarily except for grinding through it, has one gamemechanism in its favour that saves him from being clubbed by big bad bully which he has no chance of defeating anyway...

So, the random butt citadel from BBs on kiting and evading CAs at 18 km is ok, too, because by your logic this is just one game mechanism the BB can use to kill a CAs it otherwise can't catch and properly hit, right? :Smile_smile:

If the Danae was sitting at 8 km from a BB and showing its broadside, IMO this is a case where the Danae should be punished. Doesn't have to be a an outright devastating hit which kills it from 100% to 0 but one should expect a little bit more than a single overpen.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,814 posts
7,553 battles

The other day I shot a full salvo from my Montana to broadside Yamato at 10km.

The shells just disappeared ... was watching them (they did not hit the water) and when they were about to hit they just ... ***pooof*** .. no hits no nothing.

And I never have any lag.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,892 posts
6,226 battles

Concerning Arky or all BB's in general, sometimes you get a perfect shell grouping on max range for a DS other times you miss a full broadside beached Omaha from under 10km in a Nagato, true story :Smile_veryhappy:

It's all part of the game. 

Beta Tester
665 posts
5,454 battles
10 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

The shells just disappeared ... was watching them (they did not hit the water) and when they were about to hit they just ... ***pooof*** .. no hits no nothing.

Players
31 posts
10,810 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

Had a monarch complaining about exactly the same thing yesterday funnily enough, and he said he had no lag either. Seems to be an issue with the latest patch. Its certainly noticably laggy for me since last patch though, with my ships suddenly stopping dead in the water then rubberbanding forward at warp speed, and a delay on the firing of certain guns at random times.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
3 minutes ago, JohnMac79 said:

Had a monarch complaining about exactly the same thing yesterday funnily enough, and he said he had no lag either. Seems to be an issue with the latest patch. Its certainly noticably laggy for me since last patch though, with my ships suddenly stopping dead in the water then rubberbanding forward at warp speed, and a delay on the firing of certain guns at random times.

Had that last one, too, but only once since the update. Really annoying if you want to start the rainbow of death with the Atlanta and the guns stay silent longer than they should.

[SNUBS]
Players
1,287 posts
6,828 battles
1 hour ago, cherry2blost said:

This thread is pointless

dont tell me your suprised at pointless treads on the forum ? :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[BOLD]
Beta Tester
156 posts
6,532 battles

ah, gotta love the human spirit :)
I know what RNG is lol, but dealing same amount of damage or similar the entire match is kind of a showstopper.
shall I add that putting an arkansas (which has no AA at all) in a match with two CVs in each team is pretty funny?

there you go.

[ONE2]
Players
2,497 posts
14,552 battles
22 hours ago, RaptorWildfire said:

Pffth dude... That is no guarantee. I have well over 10.000 games and I still can't aim for s*hit... :Smile_Default:

OR perhaps you are just aiming at the wrong spot? Try the Command Bridge windows or some such... :cap_like:

Or, since it is Danae which has less armor than my Granny's nappy... Use HE instead of AP?:cap_old:

Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,713 battles

I once shot an broadside Myogi with my Kongo fro 1,2 km only to get 8 bounces. Now that was something. :)

I consider that to be my best salvo ever in WoWs. :D

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,055 battles
13 minutes ago, YukiEiriKun said:

I once shot an broadside Myogi with my Kongo fro 1,2 km only to get 8 bounces. Now that was something. :)

Serves you right picking on a poor Myogi.:Smile-angry: 

[ONE2]
Players
2,497 posts
14,552 battles

I once dodged 2 Shimas and 1 TRB Yugumo's simultaneously incoming torps, when they surrounded me in the C cap on Trap-map (OK, I admit I was stupid to even attempt it but hey, it kinda worked!) even managed to cap it for a second or 2 and torp 1 of them myself before they got reinforcements and ingloriously fleeing the scene of the crime. The point being... I should have been dead for sure, I was in a Mogami, never spotted even 1 of the buggers BUT it turns out pissing your pants really DOES give you wings!!! YAY!:Smile_great:

• Funny 1

Players
31 posts
10,810 battles
On 11/02/2018 at 6:39 PM, nambr9 said:

I just had this playing a Zao game, shot at an Iowa, aim was good, but almost all of my shells completely vanished! Next salvo, only 3 of my guns fired with the 4th about a second later and got a fire at least 1 second before my shells hit. I have no idea whats going on.

Do you run aslains or any other mod?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,252 posts
10,540 battles
4 hours ago, YukiEiriKun said:

I once shot a Kongo from ~17km with my Nagato and detonated an unspotted DD :cap_like:

• Funny 1