Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
tappo01

Improving weekend experience

30 comments in this topic

[BUSHI]
Players
16 posts
7,529 battles

Just a quick suggestion that in my opinion would greatly improve the game experience on weekends.

Make it that only players with +50% winrate from monday to friday can play pvp/ranked/whatever during weekend, all the others with -49% can only play pve. This would not only ensure that you get half decent team mates on weekends but would also encourage and motivate people to play better during the rest of the week as well.

• Funny 7
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
15 minutes ago, tappo01 said:

Just a quick suggestion that in my opinion would greatly improve the game experience on weekends.

Make it that only players with +50% winrate from monday to friday can play pvp/ranked/whatever during weekend, all the others with -49% can only play pve. This would not only ensure that you get half decent team mates on weekends but would also encourage and motivate people to play better during the rest of the week as well.

The only way to improve the WoWS weekend experienceTM  is to not play at all.

• Cool 4

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
38 minutes ago, tappo01 said:

So after twisting Your brain to the max this is the best you could come up With as an excuse to make a thread, and especially after "skilled based matchmaking" has been debated since it went out of beta?

[NWP]
Players
2,066 posts
13,217 battles

So the people who can't play during the week ....

The people who division up to increase their WR are allowed to play with the big boys....

Seriously. Did you ever think about the proposal prior to posting it?

[BS4]
Players
957 posts
5,841 battles
1 hour ago, tappo01 said:

A suggestion to sanction the entire wows player base will not be welcomed here my friend...

:etc_red_button:

Ons07oG.gif?1

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
17,785 posts
11,755 battles
1 hour ago, tappo01 said:

I suggest to learn that bad players and bad matches are there every day of the week.

After that playing on weekends gets more fun.

• Cool 1

Players
910 posts
11,126 battles

I'm always baffled by the fact that there are still people that would rather get rid of half the playerbase rather than just to "suffer" incompetent players on both sides. They would legitimately murder their own game and can't even realize that. I mean, look what happened to Steel Ocean or AW. Or even World of Warplanes; if you watch the interview regarding the 2.0 ver, they actually thought about closing the servers and just end it all!

Restrictions are bad. The more players, the more healthy the game is. What you are looking for is the competitive part of it, and it's already in the game. Join a clan.

[CAIN]
Players
2,787 posts
11,013 battles
Alle 2/11/2018 alle 12:37, tappo01 ha scritto:

I fully support this suggestion.

Maybe i'm just salty as frak atm, but losing several games, being always the top scorer and witnessing *edited* in top tier ships screwing up games makes me wish to permaban these *edited*

So yeah, +1 from me, even tho knowing that this ain't gonna happen ever as it's the window licking single cell organisms that are then target audience for WG.

23 ore fa, Tekacko ha scritto:

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.a1701db9d7546d7ff1d7f9ea03afc00f.png

8c30f9ae1b4f8aca1ba0a08aa41aa29ba593182fccf1f4e2a941efebfab3ebc1.jpg.ea95dee9b667162977a9320055804097.jpg

Yep, exactly what my last two days look like.

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate language
  • Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
2,787 posts
11,013 battles
4 hours ago, SeaWolf7 said:

A suggestion to sanction the entire wows player base will not be welcomed here my friend...

Ons07oG.gif?1

Well, if the majority of WoWS player base had the decency to learn a bit more than how to report people, we wouldn't have a need to vent, now would we?

• Cool 2

Players
100 posts
6 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Well, if the majority of WoWS player base had the decency to learn a bit more than how to report people, we wouldn't have a need to vent, now would we?

you mean report afk players or report, in your opinion, bad players?

[CAIN]
Players
2,787 posts
11,013 battles
20 ore fa, justadude0815 ha scritto:

you mean report afk players or report, in your opinion, bad players?

Neither.

What i meant is that the average clueless pleb has only skills in one department: reporting others. 

I do not report afks as i met only one in ages, it'sm a waste of reports. 

We also have a limited amount of reports, so wasting them on 'bad players' is also a waste.

I'll reserve my reports for players who deserve it, be it either by being *edited* in chat or for players who do team damage to me. 

Edited by NickMustaine
inappropriate language
  • Cool 2

[BS4]
Players
957 posts
5,841 battles
20 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

I suggest to learn that bad players and bad matches are there every day of the week.

After that playing on weekends gets more fun.

Yes they are .....but Half term weekends always have a tendency to descend into chaos. 30k yesterday on server with mixed abilities does have a tendency to mix it up a bit. :Smile_sceptic:

But there nothing you can do about it because... its just the way it is...some things will never change.:cap_like:

All I/ we can do is continue to communicate in game and do the best we can do.

Ive been trying hard to improve things myself only to see it go completely down the drain this weekend so I feel your frustration.....But a s colonelPete says , you win some you loose some. If you accept that it wont bother you so much.:cap_win:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,620 posts
13,715 battles
21 hours ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Ons07oG.gif?1

I would however like to have that NSM missile on my DD's. RIP weekend BB's. :Smile_teethhappy:

[SINT]
Players
343 posts
15,178 battles

I think the “ bad player” syndrome is looked only upon being on the losing side.. How many times did you kill a red ship yolo suiciding into a cap or punished a cruiser full broadside while being stuck against an island? or the times I faced a Bismarck / Tirpitz shooting HE at me at 10 KM while being caught in a cruiser broadside? Enemy DD missing all his torps while being at point blank range... MM gives MM takes..

Bad players are on both sides.. And even when you “ delete” the bad players...how about a game where you face a division with a one star 3 men unicum division...Next step is banning the avarage players.Or just the Unicums..?

• Cool 1

[BS4]
Players
957 posts
5,841 battles
22 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

I would however like to have that NSM missile on my DD's. RIP weekend BB's. :Smile_teethhappy:

oh god..

qnT9Jbz.gif

:Smile_smile:

• Funny 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,530 posts
18 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

being always the top scorer

Always?   I think you maybe telling porkies because you weren't top scorer in your southern dragon losing battle, you were almost bottom scorer. :Smile_Default:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,063 battles

In any pvp game you will get good players and bad however what the op is suggesting is pure madness , WG are already struggling with Wows when it comes to enticing newer players and to be quite honest they would rather have a sub average player who buys premiums ships than a unicon who doesn't so WG don't give 2 monkeys about skilled players. 

[CAIN]
Players
2,787 posts
11,013 battles
1 ora fa, bushwacker001 ha scritto:

Always?   I think you maybe telling porkies because you weren't top scorer in your southern dragon losing battle, you were almost bottom scorer. :Smile_Default:

I posted that remark 19 hours ago.

My last game - in the Southern Dragon - was 13 hours ago, around midnight. 

Forgive me for not giving enough *edited* to go back to the forums and edit a post i made several hours before i had my last game for the day.

Pls check the time next time you try to correct someone. :)

Out of curiosity, you weren't in the game where i made my yolo-rush, so how do you know?

Your objection is still valid tho as i forgot the game where i met Strappster yesterday.

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate language

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

But I need halfwits during weekends so I can farm 'em.

[DAVY]
Players
2,530 posts
52 minuti fa, Jethro_Grey ha scritto:

I posted that remark 19 hours ago.

My last game - in the Southern Dragon - was 13 hours ago, around midnight. 

Forgive me for not giving enough $hits to go back to the forums and edit a post i made several hours before i had my last game for the day.

Pls check the time next time you try to correct someone. :)

Out of curiosity, you weren't in the game where i made my yolo-rush, so how do you know?

Your objection is still valid tho as i forgot the game where i met Strappster yesterday.

I was in TS with someone who was. :Smile_Default: I told him 'you were pretty good so focus if you get the chance'.  It's all swings and roundabouts Jethro, if your team is crap then sometimes you can do nothing about it. I had a particularly bad week or so with victories being thrown away by *edited* but it all comes good eventually....for a bit.  Strangely, last February I had a 22/23 loss run, pretty good ever since then get to this Feb and the same thing happened again with about 3 wins in 20 this time. 

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate language

[CAIN]
Players
2,787 posts
11,013 battles
12 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

I was in TS with someone who was. :Smile_Default: I told him 'you were pretty good so focus if you get the chance'.  It's all swings and roundabouts Jethro, if your team is crap then sometimes you can do nothing about it. I had a particularly bad week or so with victories being thrown away by idiots but it all comes good eventually....for a bit.  Strangely, last February I had a 22/23 loss run, pretty good ever since then get to this Feb and the same thing happened again with about 3 wins in 20 this time. 

Does this mean i do now have my own personal stalker? :Smile-_tongue:

Seriously tho: overall i lost only four games more then i won, so it's rather a bad weekend for me.

There were some really good games among them, so it did eventually balance out.

The game before my Southern-Dragon-rush game was me getting detonated by a CV torp after doing measly 22k in my Bretagne, which threw me over the edge. ^^

My first detonation in what feels like ages. At least i took the hint and quit after the SD game before i detonated out of anger. :cap_viking:

Also, you are not supposed to tell anyone that i'm good, because i'm not.

It would be better to tell them how terribly bad i am - specifically in DDs - and that i'm a easy kill.

It is in fact perfectly safe to let me close the range to below 4 km before they should start shooting me, cause i wouldn't be able to hit any of my torps at even closer ranges. :cap_like:

Sign in to follow this