majogl

Normandie sucks

13 comments in this topic

[WGP2L]
Alpha Tester
132 posts
3,112 battles

I hate this ship.

The accuracy sucks. I get it, it has to if the ship has 12 guns. But when I hit a colorado, broadside, point blank with 9 shells, I expect to do at least 20 k damage and at least one citadel. But NO. I get 6 overpens and 3 shatters. 

Did noone test these ships WG?! Fix this ASAP!

[WGP2L]
Alpha Tester
132 posts
3,112 battles

If you were in a fuso, and had a broadside colorado 5km away, with all your guns aiming at the waterline for the citadel and fired, you would be pissed off if that didn't equal deleted colorado... Well this is same principle, except french shells are supposed to have much better penetration. Whereas they don't.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,433 battles

340mm guns are lower than average caliber even for tier 6, and that's exactly the same that you'll have at t7. Lower caliber obviously leads to things like less damage and lighter shells (which then can impact your penetration capabilities negatively, altho that can be turned in the other direction with something like higher shell velocity)

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,433 battles
21 minutes ago, majogl said:

french shells are supposed to have much better penetration.

44 minutes ago, majogl said:

I get 6 overpens and 3 shatters. 

Just thought I'll point this contradiction :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[WGP2L]
Alpha Tester
132 posts
3,112 battles
1 minute ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Then there should be no shatters at all. And the overpens should be citadel hits, as they went straight into the colorado's citadel.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,433 battles
28 minutes ago, majogl said:

Then there should be no shatters at all. And the overpens should be citadel hits, as they went straight into the colorado's citadel.

Shells going further off to sides may hit at bad angles or something extra thick like a turret / barbette. Or hit below water where they've lost enough penetration to shatter. And overpening a citadel gives you just a regular overpen

[POMF]
Players
128 posts
7,146 battles
On 10/02/2018 at 5:14 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

I second this.

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
On 10.2.2018 at 5:31 PM, majogl said:

I hate this ship.

The accuracy sucks. I get it, it has to if the ship has 12 guns. But when I hit a colorado, broadside, point blank with 9 shells, I expect to do at least 20 k damage and at least one citadel. But NO. I get 6 overpens and 3 shatters. 

Did noone test these ships WG?! Fix this ASAP!

What build?

Tested the Lyon with and without the increased accuracy module and the difference was paramount, it helps of course with the 4 extra guns on the Lyon but it yields plenty of damage and citadels and the Normandie shouldn't be much different imo

[CATS]
Players
19,964 posts
12,415 battles
On 10/02/2018 at 5:53 PM, majogl said:

If you were in a fuso, and had a broadside colorado 5km away, with all your guns aiming at the waterline for the citadel and fired, you would be pissed off if that didn't equal deleted colorado... Well this is same principle, except french shells are supposed to have much better penetration. Whereas they don't.

No. I would not expect a deletion. I know the shotgun spread of Fuso.

Players
9 posts
2,296 battles

I tried the Bretagne and its aweful too. Its slow like hell, the armor is non existent and it burns like a piece of paper soaked in plane fuel. My last game I was matched in a complete tier 7 game and dead within seconds because as soon as someone is spotting you you cannot escape, you cannot get close for a shot, the guns shoot everywhere except the target and you burn down within seconds even if you avoid the paer armor to be penetrated for instant explosion. I regret every single minute I have spent getting this ship. Reading this complain makes me wonder if the rest of these ships are also that kind of useless.

One single positive thing ...you dont spent much time in the game with this ship driving around with speed 21 and you are back to play another ship within seconds.

[CATS]
Players
19,964 posts
12,415 battles

"dead within seconds" .... players these day are just too bad...

Got Dreadnought and Fireproof with my Bretagne today.

[RODS]
Players
483 posts
6,051 battles

I find the Normandie plays way better than the Lyon, Normandie has speed and some agility (hmm) which compensates the crappy firing angles, Lyon is a brick and with its hopeless firing angles I may as well o even rather would be in a Fuso

Sign in to follow this