You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
loppantorkel

Remove Missouri radar

Removing the Missouri radar  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Should the radar be removed from Missouri?

86 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Players
2,882 posts
12,099 battles

Polling to see what people think.

I don't have the Missouri. I don't plan to get Missouri. I'm all for removing the radar. No good reason to implement it in the first place. I don't mind being uptiered in cruisers, but playing Indianapolis or New Orleans and facing Missouris... At least let these squishy cruisers have one special quirk.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Quality Poster
3,320 posts
8,375 battles

Was it a good idea to implement it in the first place? No. Should be removed now? No. 

And I'm being honest here: Purely for egoistic reasons: I don't like my premiums being nerfed.

Greetings

• Cool 16

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,413 posts
13,825 battles

Suggesting to remove glorious gimmick from not only a premium ship but THE premium ship?

its-gulag-time-58065d0893558.jpeg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 1

[UNICS]
Players
2,882 posts
12,099 battles
21 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Was it a good idea to implement it in the first place? No. Should be removed now? No. 

And I'm being honest here: Purely for egoistic reasons: I don't like my premiums being nerfed.

Greetings

As good as any other reason, which is why I stated mine.

2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Suggesting to remove glorious gimmick from not only a premium ship but THE premium ship?

Yea, not really suggesting it, just checking what people would think. I assume plenty of the forumites have Missouris.

Although, they could do it and offer back the FreeXP. Not like it's impossible.

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles
45 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Polling to see what people think.

I don't have the Missouri. I don't plan to get Missouri. I'm all for removing the radar. No good reason to implement it in the first place. I don't mind being uptiered in cruisers, but playing Indianapolis or New Orleans and facing Missouris... At least let these squishy cruisers have one special quirk.

You think that ship that cost 750k free EXP is OP because he have radar? Yea, lets make it equal to Iowa, people might still spend 750k free EXP on it...

Just to be clear I dont have Missouri and never will have, but idea of nerfing one of the most expensive ships to nearly basic is dumb.

• Bad 1

[TOAST]
Players
1,991 posts
25,644 battles
59 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I don't mind being uptiered in cruisers, but playing Indianapolis or New Orleans and facing Missouris

Bro, the last thing you would need to worry about is the radar if you get as close as 9.45km to a Missouri. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,111 posts
11,654 battles

Sure remove radar and refund me a million FXP as I should have a bit of interest with that refund...

Way too late to whine about a single ship.

WG decided a long time ago that Cruisers shouldn't be the only utility ship  class anymore. :Smile_sceptic:

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

No, because reasons.

Although, if WG would remove the radar and give guided missiles as compensation, i'd be all for it. :Smile_great:

And to be perfectly clear: putting radar on a BB is one of the dumbest moves WG pulled in the last three years.

• Cool 3

[ADRIA]
Players
4,223 posts
6,782 battles

To be fair a good deal of Missouris are staying too far back to use radar, and if for some reason they get close enough - they still don't know how to use it.

But yeah, I was going to say exactly what Allied_Winter said:

2 hours ago, Allied_Winter said:

Players
494 posts
5,637 battles

He should have got Hydro instead of radar - that would be enough to be far better than Iowa and would be ok in a balance ( only KM BBs got it so it would be something special enough ) ..

But sadly as we all know this will never happened - first WG never nerf premium ship they could nerf radar but that will never happened also so.. 

[UNICS]
Players
2,882 posts
12,099 battles
1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

You think that ship that cost 750k free EXP is OP because he have radar? Yea, lets make it equal to Iowa, people might still spend 750k free EXP on it...

Just to be clear I dont have Missouri and never will have, but idea of nerfing one of the most expensive ships to nearly basic is dumb.

I think what..? I just don't like radars on bbs.   ..and the idea of nerfing being dumb.. I didn't say anything about nerfing. Just removing the radar and polling what people think about making Missouri radarless. If they compensate it with guided missiles, how would that be a nerf?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,393 posts
8,735 battles

Without credit gain/training captains being more of an issue (compared to WoT it's easy af), players will not accept "worse" premium ships.

Players
1,422 posts
13,041 battles

TBH i very rarely use the radar on the Missouri. Keep forgetting that i have it. I mostly use it when i fatfinger and miss the heal and use the radar instead. :Smile_teethhappy:

Don't really care if she have radar or not as long as i get my $$$$$$$

But from a DD standpoint? Nah. Don't mind it. What i do mind though is the AP pens you get from BB's. Here you go: 15k dmg in a salvo. GG.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,727 posts
7,383 battles

It should not have radar in the first place.

Hydro yes ... but radar ... no.

Hope WG learned the lesson and wont put radar on any of the future BBs.

• Cool 1

Players
235 posts
9,841 battles

I voted no even though it is very powerful with a good player.  I don't own one but my division mate does FYI.  Customers have paid money for goods as advertised.  They are removing it for "purchase"ala Belfast and Kutuzov  so WG must know it's perhaps too strong.  How about adding something like Radar jammer for one of the upcoming lines as we WG like a gimmick or ten.  Maybe for the Royal Navy or French higher tier DDs?

• Boring 1

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

people like that radar on their missouri :Smile_teethhappy:

but yes radar is stupid idea for BB. and no i dont want to remove it from my precious missouri. :fish_viking:

btw i am waiting for t9 ranked/cb. have my missouri, musashi and black ready for it :Smile_trollface: idk why there isnt any OP CA.... well that was an oxymoron.

[UNICS]
Players
2,882 posts
12,099 battles
1 hour ago, iFax said:

Why not just stay 9.45km away from a Missouri?

How is that a good argument? Stay away from Des Moines radar solves a lot too. Not sailing broadside to Yamatos. Not entering cap zones because a Z-52 might be there to hydro. If everyone avoided these things, the perks of these different ships would be much less worth. ..but they aren't. They're excellent tools and even if not used actively, they're still work as area denials.

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

After a couple of games today, i'm starting to think that, if WG would remove the radar there's a chance that a lot of window lickers would sell theirs.

Also, unrelated to this topic but i have to get it off my chest, so to anyone whom it may concern since naming and shaming is sadly prohibited(at least on the forums^^):

if you are sailing a Des Moines, hide behind islands unable to support them or shoot anyone(!) and then blame your DDs for a game lost -  who had no support from you, because you were hiding like a coward behind rocks unable to shoot anyone - STFU and l2p you pos.

If you average 32k in a Des Moines sell the ship (and every other ship higher than T1) and go back to T1. Also glad that you at least learned how to abuse the report function, not sure how this helps your team win games.

Sorry for the off-topic highjacking rant Pls ignore and carry on. ^^

• Funny 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles

As a Missouri owner, remove the radar.

Give it super heal and super HE instead, since that's completely balanced and people just need to adapt against it :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Players
89 posts
5,545 battles
48 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Give it super heal and super HE instead, since that's completely balanced and people just need to adapt against it

you forgeting the smoke and the ability of you don't get spoted while shooting in the smoke, speedboost, deepwater torpedoes.... now that would be a good trade off for removing the radar, btw i don't have big mo, and i have no problem fighting against them

overcome.jpg

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,051 posts
29,736 battles
7 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

I don't have the Missouri.

That sums up why you want the radar to be removed! And I voted "NO".

Players
2,173 posts
3,836 battles
4 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

I think what..? I just don't like radars on bbs.   ..and the idea of nerfing being dumb.. I didn't say anything about nerfing. Just removing the radar and polling what people think about making Missouri radarless. If they compensate it with guided missiles, how would that be a nerf?

Removing something from the ship (especially if its very helpful) is tehnically a nerf.

You dont like radars, others dont like accuracy, 3rd dont like AA, 4th dont like armor... So what? Lets go nerf everything?

That ship cost 750k free EXP. You expect him to be similar to Iowa?

Lets make a T9 premium ship similar to Iowa performance - That would be a good joke.

Premium Duke of York is KGV class ship. You think he also need to get a nerf just because he have Hydro?

Do you whine about German BB's who all from T8 to 10 have Hydro and they are not even premium's?

• Cool 2