You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
loppantorkel

PrtScn in Paint always black

7 comments in this topic

Question

[UNICS]
Players
2,879 posts
12,060 battles

I can't take a screenshot in WoWs for some reason. When I paste it in Paint, it's all black.

Wasn't the case before, but for the last months/half a year or so.

Anyone know a solution?

6 answers to this question

[ADRIA]
Players
4,173 posts
6,747 battles

@loppantorkel Go to where your game is installed (something like C:\Games\World_of_Warships ) and there will be a Screenshots folder. Each time you click PrintScreen button it's automatically saved there

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,429 posts
11,407 battles

It worked for me after changing the settings to "full picture window" (or something like that, I'm not running english client so don't know the exact word).

[UNICS]
Players
2,879 posts
12,060 battles

Found the folder, screenshots all there. I'll check if changing to full picture mode will work later. Thanks.

Players
204 posts
329 battles

How-to-print-screen.jpg

If you get a black ss from your clipboard it usually means you didnt specify the channel the ss should be captured from.

It's either the case of multiple window setup or separate OS on the same PC.

Like @Commander_Cornflakes pointed out, you probably play WoWs in window mode. In Fullscreen mode it's impossible to capture ss from a wrong channel and  in the case of window mode, you haw to make it active by interacting with it first.

Eithe way, WoWs has a dedicated Screenshot folder in it's directory so your ss could be there if WG did some tveaking with the cliboard (usually to gather telemetry data and as a tool to cach hackers by taking ss withaut the users consensus).

And for real hardcore gamers that haw an intell feed with routing bots, Myimguris a decent tool for that. The ability to capture a dedicated area with few key presses and the instant upload with a sharing link option bound to a single key is a must haw option to be one step ahead of your enemy as far as planing goes (Eve online, etc).

For your consideration @loppantorkel

Spoiler

bait-tm-content-rated-by-4376747.png

[UNICS]
Players
2,879 posts
12,060 battles
15 minutes ago, nimlock said:

How-to-print-screen.jpg

If you get a black ss from your clipboard it usually means you didnt specify the channel the ss should be captured from.

It's either the case of multiple window setup or separate OS on the same PC.

Like @Commander_Cornflakes pointed out, you probably play WoWs in window mode. In Fullscreen mode it's impossible to capture ss from a wrong channel and  in the case of window mode, you haw to make it active by interacting with it first.

Eithe way, WoWs has a dedicated Screenshot folder in it's directory so your ss could be there if WG did some tveaking with the cliboard (usually to gather telemetry data and as a tool to cach hackers by taking ss withaut the users consensus).

And for real hardcore gamers that haw an intell feed with routing bots, Myimguris a decent tool for that. The ability to capture a dedicated area with few key presses and the instant upload with a sharing link option bound to a single key is a must haw option to be one step ahead of your enemy as far as planing goes (Eve online, etc).

For your consideration @loppantorkel

Reveal hidden contents

bait-tm-content-rated-by-4376747.png

..yea, I don't game in windowed mode, so that's not it. The screenshots folder worked - it's all there, so thanks. The hardcore gaming stuff is beyond me. No need for that. Not really sure about the B bait :cap_hmm: I've had it like this for several months. Thought I just might as well ask.

• Funny 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,173 posts
6,747 battles
3 hours ago, nimlock said:

In Fullscreen mode it's impossible to capture ss from a wrong channel

Since they got those new explosion effects (went from DirectX9 to DirectX11?) if you printscreen and paste it into something like paint (as you usually can) you get a black image, at least on fullscreen as I don't use windowed. That's why the screenshots folder is useful, it has them all :cap_haloween: