Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Smokeheadt

How to unlock French BBs

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
723 posts
5,774 battles

Spend 30€ and still have to play like 50+ DD missions to maybe get a BB in a container? And for what? I could use that 30€ to just get free XP and not have to play any missions at all. ...As if I didn't plan on playing a new line of unusual ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-SOG-]
Players
373 posts
6,627 battles

But what happens with these ships after the release, do we get to keep them or do we have to grind them again while keeping the experience received on them from pre-release versions? Can't really make that out from the patch notes, maybe I'm stupid...

 

Have just got the Bretagne-mission and can't decide whether to grind it or hope for a T6-8 in future containers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-SOG-]
Players
373 posts
6,627 battles
48 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Yes

Not to be disrespectful or rude, but your answer doesn't make sense, to answer yes on my question is like answering yes on "do you want a red or blue car?". So could you kindly read my post again and post a proper answer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SERBS]
Players
68 posts
8,803 battles

I got both bbs french one is tier 5 one is tier 6 premm ships there are not bad but weak AA guns are not badtier 5 is so slow 21 knts,tier 6 goes to 28 range olmost  20km tier 5 range 16km

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,604 posts
2,809 battles
22 hours ago, affie said:

But what happens with these ships after the release, do we get to keep them or do we have to grind them again while keeping the experience received on them from pre-release versions? Can't really make that out from the patch notes, maybe I'm stupid...

 

Have just got the Bretagne-mission and can't decide whether to grind it or hope for a T6-8 in future containers.

 

I just received the Bretagne mission as well. I must admit, the thought that completing the mission would only let me 'borrow' the ship for a few weeks before the release of the entire French battleship line, hadn't even occurred to me until you brought up the question.

 

I believe it would be safe assume that we get to keep the ships we unlock with our missions. The opposite would generate such an epic amount of badwill, it would be almost funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-SOG-]
Players
373 posts
6,627 battles
4 hours ago, Procrastes said:

 

I just received the Bretagne mission as well. I must admit, the thought that completing the mission would only let me 'borrow' the ship for a few weeks before the release of the entire French battleship line, hadn't even occurred to me until you brought up the question.

 

I believe it would be safe assume that we get to keep the ships we unlock with our missions. The opposite would generate such an epic amount of badwill, it would be almost funny.

What made me wonder was the following words on the page:
"- If there is no vacant place in the Reserve for the Commander, you will receive this place automatically; if you have a vacant place already, you will not receive one. "

 

Which could be interpenetrated as the commander will be transferred to the reserve when the ships is being removed, but I may have misunderstood it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1 post
933 battles

Maybe I had some fortune with this, I'll explain. I bought the De Grasse in order to have a ship suitable for doing these missions (i'm a new player and didn't have nothing above tier 4). So I was granted with a French container where I get the first BB mission (Bretagne). The day after after some grind I was granted with two more BB missions (Normandie and Richelieu). So two days after I have 3 BBs with their corresponding slot space in port, their captains and the entire collection completed, so I also have the 10 point commander. Or I'm very very lucky or this is a way to get newbies like me to think that paying some € worth a lot and then the next time I got back to the premium store thrown back to reality.

 

Either way I got a bit suspicious about it.

 

PS: Anyway, this is my first post so hello everyone, captain Ferchimonde from Spain here to serve you all!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,604 posts
2,809 battles
11 hours ago, FeRChImoNdE said:

Maybe I had some fortune with this, I'll explain. I bought the De Grasse in order to have a ship suitable for doing these missions (i'm a new player and didn't have nothing above tier 4). So I was granted with a French container where I get the first BB mission (Bretagne). The day after after some grind I was granted with two more BB missions (Normandie and Richelieu). So two days after I have 3 BBs with their corresponding slot space in port, their captains and the entire collection completed, so I also have the 10 point commander. Or I'm very very lucky or this is a way to get newbies like me to think that paying some € worth a lot and then the next time I got back to the premium store thrown back to reality.

 

Either way I got a bit suspicious about it.

 

PS: Anyway, this is my first post so hello everyone, captain Ferchimonde from Spain here to serve you all!

 

 

Then let me be the first to welcome you to the forum, Captain Ferchimonde! Pleased to make your acquaintance! :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,604 posts
2,809 battles
12 hours ago, affie said:

What made me wonder was the following words on the page:
"- If there is no vacant place in the Reserve for the Commander, you will receive this place automatically; if you have a vacant place already, you will not receive one. "

 

Which could be interpenetrated as the commander will be transferred to the reserve when the ships is being removed, but I may have misunderstood it. 

 

I interpret this as, if you don't have a big enough reserve to accommodate your new commander, you will get one, whereas if you do have a spare bed, this will be taken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[U-35]
Beta Tester
44 posts
6,564 battles
On 13.2.2018 at 3:57 PM, Procrastes said:

 

I just received the Bretagne mission as well. I must admit, the thought that completing the mission would only let me 'borrow' the ship for a few weeks before the release of the entire French battleship line, hadn't even occurred to me until you brought up the question.

 

I believe it would be safe assume that we get to keep the ships we unlock with our missions. The opposite would generate such an epic amount of badwill, it would be almost funny.

 

Got all four french BB, they are de  facto promo ships and have premium status in game not regular ships acccording to tech tree. The Big question is what will happen when BB line is released ? Will they still be premium ships? Do we have to research the hole line to get to tier 9 and 10? Will There be two dublicates of tier V—VIII? So far I have not reveiled any information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
66 posts
4,361 battles

If you unlock the ship

You got to keep it.

It becomes a silver ship after

The release.

The premium status just locks

The ship for now so that you are

Not able to advance up the line

Until the french BBs are officially released.

It is the same as with the British line.

Now they are just higher tier which

I dont think is very good

As inexperienced players may get

A tier8 without actually playing much.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
118 posts
2,962 battles

Got Normandie yesterday and tested it in the weekly mission.

 

It's a BEAST on offense. 3x4 gun turrets simply devastate stuff there. It's also quite fast and reasonably agile.

 

Not sure about PvP as the armor is bad and she probably takes a lot of pens. It has no AA to speak of (tier 5 French BB has more.) Also the BB targets in Aegis mission (Ishizuchi) have low armor so the gun performance in PvP probbaly won't be as good.

I'll have to try it today and see what happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,604 posts
2,809 battles
On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎19 at 12:18 PM, TekumzeWolf said:

Got Normandie yesterday and tested it in the weekly mission.

 

It's a BEAST on offense. 3x4 gun turrets simply devastate stuff there. It's also quite fast and reasonably agile.

 

Not sure about PvP as the armor is bad and she probably takes a lot of pens. It has no AA to speak of (tier 5 French BB has more.) Also the BB targets in Aegis mission (Ishizuchi) have low armor so the gun performance in PvP probbaly won't be as good.

I'll have to try it today and see what happens. 

 

I am curious, Captain TekumzeWolf. Did you try the Normandie out in random battles, and if so, what happened?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H_FAN]
Players
2,247 posts
31,264 battles
On 2018-02-15 at 10:23 AM, Cao_de_Aqua said:

 

Got all four french BB, they are de  facto promo ships and have premium status in game not regular ships acccording to tech tree. The Big question is what will happen when BB line is released ? Will they still be premium ships? Do we have to research the hole line to get to tier 9 and 10? Will There be two dublicates of tier V—VIII? So far I have not reveiled any information.

Well if you got all 4 you can play the Richelieu and be ready for Alsace by accumulating XP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
118 posts
2,962 battles
On 24/02/2018 at 11:37 AM, Procrastes said:

 

I am curious, Captain TekumzeWolf. Did you try the Normandie out in random battles, and if so, what happened?

Not too bad I think. Only had 3 battles with her but apart from one where the team collapsed I did well enough. WHat surprised my was that I citadeled a Fuso at near max range (probably plunging fire).

I did have a bit of a problem against the main belt of a New Mexico where shells shattered so I aimed a bit differently for the next salvo.

 

AP seems to be OK. Turrets are horribly slow though. It's a good thing the front two are both forward looking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,604 posts
2,809 battles

I have only played one battle in the Normandie so far, and that was a huge success. The sheer number of shells seems to count for a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RODS]
Players
468 posts
6,006 battles

Had RNG luck and ended up with Bretagne Normandie and Lyon. Played a few with them, find the Normandie to be a more complete battleship, fast and reasonably manouvrable, With the Jean Jack Honore captain and 12 skills it is very competetive and fun to play. Lyon is more sluggish and the firing angles are not so good either. The Bretagne is.. hmm.. a bit like an iron duke maybe but i am sure the Duke i a tad better with its firestarting abilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×