Stonedman

New captain to US CV line - Fighters losing badly every battle

8 comments in this topic

[P4F]
Players
2 posts
485 battles

Hi All,

I've just started on the USA CV line only got the T1 carrier.

I have got the Teir 1 fighter captain upgrade, and bought the upgraded fighters. But no matter what CV i am playing againsy, be it a T1 IJN or US CV, i find my fighters are loosing battles like 6-1 or 6-2 every game, even against bombers it's a 50/50 whether my fighters win most of the time.

I saw about Strafing on various guides, but thats not available till T6 right?

Am i missing something really obvious i need for fighters to be effective?

Many thanks

Stoned

[CATS]
Players
14,661 posts
10,873 battles

There is no way that your fighters lose vs bombers.

Against US fighters it is 50/50 unless the enemy has a better captain. Vs the rest you have ALWAYS the advantage.

Do NOT fight above enemy ships.

Players
1,752 posts
9,916 battles

Were you flying near any enemy ships @Stonedman ? Don't forget ships have AA too and the longer you stay within their AA range the more planes you'll lose so like what ColonelPete has said:

11 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,404 posts
13,815 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It's technically speaking possible if the enemy as Evasive Maneuver + Expert Rear Gunner skilled.

@OP:

The first skill you need is Aircraft Servicing Expert, which increases the health of your planes by 5% in addition to -10% servicing time.

Then you need the Air Groups Modification 1 upgrade which will increase the dps of your planes by 10%.

Without these two you will lose the fighter engagement against CVs who have this skill and upgrade every time.

As for bombers, if you notice that they're flying especially slow after they've dropped their bombs/torps then don't engage them. This is because of the skill Evasive Maneuver, which increases the health of bombers that are returning to their home carrier by a whopping 75% but decreases their speed by 30%. In combination with the skill Expert Rear Gunner, which increases the dps of bombers vs fighters by 10%, this will make any attempt to kill them with your fighters a hazardous endeavor.

Although those two skills are generally speaking only useful in low tiers as strafing doesn't exist. If you're aiming for higher tiers, don't take these skills.

• Cool 1

[P4F]
Players
2 posts
485 battles

thanks for the replies guys.

i think maybe enemy AA was contributing, also reading that plan for plan IJN planes are better, just less of them ?

[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
173 posts
12,802 battles

The main difference between ijn and USA is that the IJN line has more micro requirements, especially at the higher tiers. 

The USA line was at game realise supirior. But the soon "balanced" that to IJN. Recently they rebalanced again and no clear line has the exclusive better option ATM.

If you want the best line. Bring out your wallet and buy american freedom. 

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,758 posts
6,230 battles
On 9.2.2018 at 7:32 PM, ColonelPete said:

Against US fighters it is 50/50 unless the enemy has a better captain. Vs the rest you have ALWAYS the advantage.

Someone did a video, that it is not 50/50, it's random. 2 Fighters can also win against 4 Fighters with exact same Setup.

Sign in to follow this