You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ZHLvictor

Chance of getting special missions for french battle ships is real low

99 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
79 posts
3,364 battles

I purchased a crate of 50 and got all four missions by the 27th crate opened.

I completed the collection and got the special captain as well.

[TAW]
Players
57 posts
22,091 battles
On 10/02/2018 at 12:57 AM, Schmidt_zxc said:

Played whole "French Addition" mission arc, 12 boxes, no mission. gg.

Played that next French mission thingy, 13 boxes, no mission. gf.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,572 posts
19,848 battles
18 hours ago, Negativvv said:

Pleased with my Richelieu anyway 

Is that good?

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles
18 hours ago, Negativvv said:

Meh, got all possible BB unlocks for 30 containers.

Pleased with my Richelieu anyway and got some gold, flags and camo on top too...

You lucky bastard. I still hope I'll get her in next 13 containers. Got V, VI and VII pretty easy. Hope will be the same with her.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
1 hour ago, 22cm said:

Is that good?

Only played one game but I was satisfied with her. Fast and has obviously excellent angling potential as you can get 100% firepower on target almost all the time.

Guns do derp however but I found the AP acceptable.

Basically an upscaled Dunkerque which is exactly what I expected.

I'm grinding DDs mostly at the moment so I don't BB much these days :Smile_child:

1 hour ago, _DeathWing_ said:

You lucky bastard. I still hope I'll get her in next 13 containers. Got V, VI and VII pretty easy. Hope will be the same with her.

CL tells me I was pretty lucky yeah as the average drop rate is far lower :Smile_hiding:

Beta Tester
652 posts
7,004 battles

Well just to present reality: the unlucky side of the coin is mine:

1. In game normal containers (3+3+3+4+3+3) brought zero unlock missions so far.

2. Purchased 2x5 Prem Containers out of which I got the Tier V only.

Obviously I'll not invest any more into this.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,756 posts
8,822 battles

After getting the Bretagne and Normandie missions pretty early on from free containers, I just finished the French missions yesterday and didn't get any more ship missions from those containers.

But today when I opened my daily Aigle container... *dun-dun-duuun* Richelieu mission!

pogchamp_small.png

My Aigle purchase suddenly got a lot more value added to it.

Beta Tester
652 posts
7,004 battles
On 2/20/2018 at 9:37 AM, it3llig3nc3 said:

Well just to present reality: the unlucky side of the coin is mine:

1. In game normal containers (3+3+3+4+3+3) brought zero unlock missions so far.

2. Purchased 2x5 Prem Containers out of which I got the Tier V only.

Obviously I'll not invest any more into this.

Some new threads opening on this same subject, but I give my update here.

Yesterday I completed the French Progression mission chain and got 7 additional containers (Standard), 3 for the last mission, 4 for the grand prize.

Opened them and got another personal mission. The strange thing is that when I opened the container the description said it is the Richelieu (I remember specifically because I was on voice-chat with a clan-mate and discussed the good news), however when I went to the personal mission lists the actual mission I got was for the Normadie. (I'll post a customer service ticket about this)

The point is that I got another mission therefore my current drop rate is:

26 standard containers and 10 premium ones there were 2 ship missions: 1 ship mission came from Prem Container, 1 from Standard.

Players
18 posts
4,150 battles

Duh! It's called the bait and hook method. Simple business, really.

If the French battleships were easy to get, they wouldn't get silly people like you to waste all their money on the lootboxes.

• Cool 1

[HEROZ]
Players
764 posts
6,700 battles

Got 26 mission conteiners. No missions.

Bought 5. Brigantine. Fair enough. At least I will start from tier 6.

[SCRUB]
Players
607 posts
6,141 battles

Will there be other free mission containers in 0.7.2 ?

(I've got nothing in all the 0.7.1 ones)

[ALONE]
Players
1,417 posts
10,918 battles
4 hours ago, fumtu said:

Some. In Operation Hermes you can get three and some more from new campaign

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/vive-la-france-pt-2/

Not much "from the new campaign", because 4 of 5 available containers are handed only to those who 

1) bought Aigle (or managed to finish the 18-mission grind early enough)

2) got Richelieu from previous containers (and this one looks actually like a middle finger to me) :cap_old:

Also the Operation Hermes will be heavily punishing those who did not "RNG-roll" French battleships from their equally well done mission.

If you don't have enough BB in queue, you will get bots instead of players. Although in random game that would actually be an advantage, in scenario mode humans after some time usually can be trained/told to do correct things, and fight vs bots better than bots.

So again paywall. :cap_money:

[IRN]
Players
503 posts
8,486 battles

I got T6 mission on 1st box I opened maybe 10 days ago, then nothing more, only duplicates and french imbaracing camo. 
I'm usually not lucky at all with RNG but this time it looks I was. May be cause I don't give a sh*t about French BBs.....

Players
535 posts
6,792 battles
14 hours ago, EdiJo said:

Not much "from the new campaign", because 4 of 5 available containers are handed only to those who 

1) bought Aigle (or managed to finish the 18-mission grind early enough)

So again paywall. :cap_money:

You couldn't get it - there was 12 ( maybe today 1 more ) mission total from the start 

[PUPSI]
Privateer
7,897 posts
Vor 14 Stunden, EdiJo sagte:

I guessed you miss the 5 containers for the final task of every mission? So EVERYONE with at least a tier 5 ship can get 15 more free containers from the campaign...

Players
93 posts

I got all the missions and have all the Ships from 20 bought crates, and whatever is the exact number i got playing. No more than 10 probably.

I got the T5 from the mission crates and the 3 others in the 20 bought ones.

No idea what the chances are, but for me they seemed to be really good. And its possible to „catch them all“ as you see!

[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,652 battles

Well, guess I'm lucky.

Yesterday completed the last mission of the second part of Vive le France. With the 7 containers I've received I got 2 missions for French BBs, Bretagne and Normandie. So I'm very happy about it. Also completed the collection to get the french captain :)

[BRTMN]
Alpha Tester
821 posts
13,840 battles

Anyone get a French BB mission from containers opened post patch ?

[H_FAN]
Players
2,187 posts
29,747 battles
2 hours ago, Querulous said:

Anyone get a French BB mission from containers opened post patch ?

Yes,

Sadly for me that was the Lyon mission from the containers from French Gold campaign.

I managed to complete 1,2,3 and the final mission for 8 containers+ 1 in the Aigle (daily extra when you bought the ship).

I had earlier recived Bretagne and Normandie. Now I got Lyon. problem is that I had played enough in Normandie to have the necessary XP for Lyon so first thing today I bought the Lyon and have played 3 games already. So when i first recieved the mission - wow must be Richelieu - thought that the system would see that I had Lyon in port but so was not the case. guess I recieve credits, port slot and a 3p captain then.

Hard to jump of joy:cap_wander_2:

So answer is yes, but it may be too late for you so to speak, if you are not bathing in credits like me you might be happier than me.

[ALONE]
Players
1,417 posts
10,918 battles
16 hours ago, Klopirat said:

I guessed you miss the 5 containers for the final task of every mission? So EVERYONE with at least a tier 5 ship can get 15 more free containers from the campaign...

Those final tasks which you can do faster having French T8 BB (wonder where from... :cap_old:) and Aigle? :cap_haloween:

Players
59 posts
19,871 battles

I got the Bretagne from the Missions in 7.1, so now I am leveling Normandie.

Not getting the more ships from the missions was okay. Other guys have luck, I usually do not (I look at you, christmas crates...). Okay, that is a little bit of "[edited]you" for me, but okay.

That there is a campaign now that gives extra camos and crates when you wer lucky enough to get the T8 ship and even new missions today where you need the T7 or T8 ship just pisses me off (and that does not happen easily).

[edited]you, you don't get anything from crates. Fine. But putting missions out that say [edited]you once, [edited]you twice and [edited]you trice feels pretty disgusting.

Sorry, this is just bad design.

• Cool 1

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

today opened my last french container. and 0 french BB. have gotten all french containers from part 1 (think it was 24 containers), few extra from CB (well i only miss 5 from hurricane) and all from campaign (24 total, i only miss those from). so over 50 containers and 0 BB-s... damn RNG :Smile_izmena:

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,488 posts
6,713 battles

6 minutes ago, robihr said:

today opened my last french container. and 0 french BB. have gotten all french containers from part 1 (think it was 24 containers), few extra from CB (well i only miss 5 from hurricane) and all from campaign (24 total, i only miss those from). so over 50 containers and 0 BB-s... damn RNG :Smile_izmena:

Should've watched one of flamu's videos while opening them