You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ZHLvictor

Chance of getting special missions for french battle ships is real low

99 comments in this topic

[F_D]
Alpha Tester
1,194 posts
5,466 battles

The whole point of those containers is that the missions are rare. Otherwise who would buy the containers?! It's the basic principle of gambling...

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

Got today tier VI and VII :cap_like:

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles

Didn't I "foresee" that Wargam,ing will start to put Collections behind a Wall of Money? Oh yes, I actually did, back in that "Battle of North Cape"/"New Year Raid" desaster!

So either I became a Soothsayer or I gave Wargaming very bad ideas...

I opend the 12 boxes they gave me for that first Mission Chain: 9 Items, 3 duds and 0 missions - but I quitted Battleships anyway, so I don't care about all these snail eater ships.

Question: Can one play WoWs in China? Because China has a law where you have to tell the exact % chance of every item that can come iut of such customer screw boxes...

[2137]
[2137]
Weekend Tester
316 posts
6,396 battles

I opened 12 mission containers and got 5, 6 and 7.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,228 posts
12,857 battles
On 12/02/2018 at 6:41 PM, MK1D said:

I opened 12 mission containers and got 5, 6 and 7.

Now I know who got my missions... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,789 posts
16,655 battles
On 09/02/2018 at 6:43 PM, ZHLvictor said:

I bought 50 premium containers and got 3 normal ones form in game missions, so far no luck. not sure if those missions even exist.

So if want to buy early access of french battleships, think again.

The number of French BBs in game Says it all. Bretagne very prevalent also a fair smattering of Normandie and Lyon as well. So please say you have bad luck but to say mission douse not exist is just bull....

I myself have had 13 containers from missions and have the  Bretagne..

Players
260 posts

The only reason for me to buy the boxes was to stock up on the rare flags, bought 5 boxes, got 10 hydra flags, 1000 doubloons, Bretagne mission (worst ship i have ever had the misfortune to sail), paint and a bunch of junk.....I was not impressed.

[TSCC]
Players
1,751 posts
19,597 battles

Same, bought 5 boxes, got Bretagne and Normandie missions, 1.5k of doubloons and some flags. Also got Lyon from mission boxes. As Lyon is the only BB I'm interested I have to say that I'm satisfied.

Players
2,189 posts
3,836 battles

Damn, 450$ gone with the wind.

On other thread here of same subject, someone said he spend 600€ for those premium boxes. Also got 2 or 3 missions, without Richelieu.

Weekend Tester
613 posts
6,049 battles

I have to say, I think these French event boxes are the worst ever in terms of value for money and the odds of the "gamble" element.

I'm normally happy to buy a few event boxes, as its amusing to open them if there is is a decent possibility of a gift (or a bonanza, as in the case of the 2016 NA Christmas boxes!). These French boxes - mediocre cammo (given that most people have stocks of event cammos with up to 500% XP bonuses), fairly useless gold (like WoT, nothing left to buy with it), small number of "special" flags.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,494 posts
10,346 battles

Guys, there will be an operation exclusively for french+allied BB and cruisers, available for 14 days straight, tiers 7 and 8 - after that, everyone will have unlocked the tier 9 anyway - stop throwing your money at WG, at least wait until you unlocked the last FREE container and are missing collection items.

23g232g2.jpg

Who's a good boiiii?

• Cool 1

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,180 posts
5,191 battles

By the way, the mission for the remainning free containers was not supposed to arrive today ?

Beta Tester
4,024 posts
15,917 battles

12 containers through mission

11 collection items - 1 double

no ship missions

don't care a bit, as it's only french BBs and they will be available in game soon anyway...

Players
3,776 posts
7,476 battles
17 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

12 containers through mission

11 collection items - 1 double

no ship missions

don't care a bit, as it's only french BBs and they will be available in game soon anyway...

Think I've had 6 containers through missions and have received Bretagne and Lyon quests. 

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
12 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

If we can believe this - 450$ spent... :Smile_glasses:

Leo "Apollo11"

Sadly some people have way more money that gray matter between their ears...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,089 battles

Got my first early access mission from the two containers you get from the CB mission set, sadly it's just the Bretagne ...

[DAVY]
Players
1,729 posts
10,178 battles

got the T8 to complete the collection, i like her so far, with Honeré as the capt the turrets turn faster than the ship does, and the speed boost is quite nice...

Players
626 posts

I haven't paid a single penny. I have the tier V and VII BB's in my port. I might actually play the Lyon from time to time as 16 guns look fun.

"You load 16 guns

What do you get?

Another day older

And deeper in debt"

Players
95 posts
10,888 battles

Just completed the French Progression event and opened my last grindable container. Out of 25 containers, I got: a Bretagne, which I consider the worst t5 BB in the game, and absolutely nowhere near close to actually finishing the collection. On my last 7 containers I knew I had to get 4 original items to be able to complete the collection with duplicates; I knew the chances of that were not great, but having 1 original and 6 duplicates just made me laugh.I guess I had bad luck. Oh, well, if the whole ship line was a little more interesting, and if I didn't feel like WG is really, really trying to force my hand to buy those gambling containers, I might even open that wallet, but as it is, I'm out on the whole french thing. Disappointing event for me, I hope the next one is handled better. I'm more likely to spend money if I'm not feeling like I'm being scam baited into getting rng containers with a high probability of dropping garbage. Hopefully the Italian lines will both be more fun to play and be handled better.

Thanks for the port slot, I guess, that's what the Bretagne comes down to for me. I know she'll have her defenders who'll say she's not that bad, but at t5/6 I'd much rather be in bb's like the Konig, Iron Duke, Kongo, Bayern, QE, Fuso, etc...

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,829 posts
8,254 battles

I ended up with yet another unwanted French ship.  Didn't do anything for it either.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,152 posts
28,952 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Newman said:

Just completed the French Progression event and opened my last grindable container. Out of 25 containers, I got: a Bretagne, which I consider the worst t5 BB in the game, and absolutely nowhere near close to actually finishing the collection. On my last 7 containers I knew I had to get 4 original items to be able to complete the collection with duplicates; I knew the chances of that were not great, but having 1 original and 6 duplicates just made me laugh.I guess I had bad luck. Oh, well, if the whole ship line was a little more interesting, and if I didn't feel like WG is really, really trying to force my hand to buy those gambling containers, I might even open that wallet, but as it is, I'm out on the whole french thing. Disappointing event for me, I hope the next one is handled better. I'm more likely to spend money if I'm not feeling like I'm being scam baited into getting rng containers with a high probability of dropping garbage. Hopefully the Italian lines will both be more fun to play and be handled better.

Thanks for the port slot, I guess, that's what the Bretagne comes down to for me. I know she'll have her defenders who'll say she's not that bad, but at t5/6 I'd much rather be in bb's like the Konig, Iron Duke, Kongo, Bayern, QE, Fuso, etc...

well if there are new missions as rumoured there would be no problem

[H_FAN]
Players
2,152 posts
28,952 battles

Can now summon up my experience - I do not recieved any new missions with the stage 2. After getting Bretagne and Normandie with stage 1, I had hoped for more this weekend but the 13 containers and +9 from Aigle (saily since 10 th Febr) did not give more missions. Enough items to finish the collection otoh.

Well can not say that I am happy or disappointed, it seems that Bretagne and Normandie are fairly common. I had hoped for Lyon so that one could have been ready for T8 when the release of French BBs.

Still it could have been worse.

Bretagne seems uninspiring, the other T5s better. Normandie perhaps better even though I have better results in Bretagne (on very few games). Normandie at least seem playable with her great speed for T6. 

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Meh, got all possible BB unlocks for 30 containers.

Pleased with my Richelieu anyway and got some gold, flags and camo on top too...

• Cool 1