You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ZHLvictor

Chance of getting special missions for french battle ships is real low

99 comments in this topic

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
15 minutes ago, Dragnir666 said:

can you not unlock one tier and then grind from there ..?

No, they're virtual Prem ships for now.

Not clear what will happen to the excess XP when the tech tree comes in.

[MIRAI]
Players
1,391 posts
11,817 battles
22 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

No, they're virtual Prem ships for now.

Not clear what will happen to the excess XP when the tech tree comes in.

- You won't be able to advance up the line until Update 0.7.2 - once the update comes you will be able to spend your research points. 

I assume they will stay on the ship and with the next patch you will be able to use them.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/vive-la-france-pt-1/

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
4 minutes ago, FallenOrchid said:

- You won't be able to advance up the line until Update 0.7.2 - once the update comes you will be able to spend your research points. 

I assume they will stay on the ship and with the next patch you will be able to use them.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/vive-la-france-pt-1/

Well I know that. You get all modules free too... Hopefully WG will transfer the excess XP to something we can spend on the next ship. Worst case I can see WG deducting the free modules off the XP total.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,193 posts
29,960 battles
15 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Can't really comment on the chance of mission drops, the chance to get Dragon signals is so effin low.

Bought myself 10 boxes to stock up on Dragon flags which i have ~100 each left and they are not sold in the shop, i  got a crap ton of Doubloons instead - and the mission for TV BB was in the first 5 containers.

The only reason for me to buy these containers are the Dragon signals and if the signals would drop in each container, i'd have considered buying the large container pack, but as the drop chance seems rather low i do consider it to be a waste of money.

So No flags in 10 Containers?

[AXIS]
Players
714 posts
11,823 battles

the "random mission in containers" idea is really, really bad.

making them available for progressively harder mission would be fine.

this is not.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
350 posts
2,225 battles

They are clever, WG.

They really know how to wring money out of too many people.

Works every time. And every time, it's slightly different. I can only take my hat off.

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
Players
2,989 posts
11,868 battles
2 hours ago, Gnirf said:

So No flags in 10 Containers?

10 Hydra and 10 Ouroboros, the rest were doubloons.

[FUSO]
Players
73 posts
5,408 battles

I got 50 boxes. From these i got the Bretange and Richelieu missions (both sitting in port)

50 Dragon flags

60 oubouros flags

100 Hydro flags

aswel

And a shocking...7000 doubloons aswel...

Weekend Tester
350 posts
2,225 battles
36 minutes ago, theta0123 said:

I got 50 boxes. From these i got the Bretange and Richelieu missions (both sitting in port)

50 Dragon flags

60 oubouros flags

100 Hydro flags

aswel

And a shocking...7000 doubloons aswel...

Shocking, that is? For 81 Euros? You're a good little doggy. WG needs more people like you.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

Got tier V for now from in game mission rewards.

[FUSO]
Players
73 posts
5,408 battles
1 hour ago, the_dude33 said:

Shocking, that is? For 81 Euros? You're a good little doggy. WG needs more people like you.

I pay with money i hard earned. Busy job, busy social life. And if i decide to spend money on this, thats my call. No need to be such disrespectfull

• Cool 3

Players
919 posts
8,482 battles

Oh my god, WG sets up an obvious cash cow milking scheme. How shocking! Who would have expected this? :Smile_facepalm:

Just wait two weeks, I mean its not like there is anything to be gained by having these ships earlier.  Maybe you should spend more time with your familytm.

From what I have read and seen the French BBs are mediocre to underwhelming mostly.

Buy doubloons and Free XP to those ships you want. If you don't want to grind the French line. Much cheaper in my opinion.

• Cool 1

Players
2,197 posts
3,836 battles
22 hours ago, Darth_Glorious said:

It is only rare for T7+.

No its not. If you get lucky on RNG, it doesnt mean that chances are high.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,193 posts
29,960 battles

Well I have followed this topic with some interest and thought that after I completed my stage 1 in French missions (12 containers) I would present my view (see also post under Aigle DD).

My goal is to get the French captain, FreeXP I have plenty , elite XP I use to stock 10 pointers for future needs. If there is a reset for free I reset all stock captains that are not reset (like now).

Since the chance seemed to be 25 % I tried hard to get the French stage 1 mission ready yesterday =12 containers. In these I got to many duplicates I thought but I recievd both the Bretagne mission (in the first 6) and the Normandi in yesterdays 6. I have also seen posts that suggests that the LKyon and Richelieu is rare, I will not pay to get missions for FreeXP ships, but I want the captain, Therefor I decided to buy the Aigle, Adm edition with 10 pointer, the 25 XP missions is enough to maybe two more 10 pointers (I am sending the 10 pointer to reserve) and grow two or nearly two at least with flags (note that thow much captain you get is depending on first win tactics etc and use of Zulu Hotel and premium time), the extra XP wins nearly gave me nearly 2 extra 10 pointers on GC T5, but that ship is easier to perform in, Otoh it is T5 (less XP).

Those extra daily containers gives me the French collection surely. The flags etc with the Premium containers are fine but I have many of them and doubloons i Do not need. Therefor I chosed to buy the Aigle and if you chose that path better sooner than later to maximize containers, it is like the OR campaign sort of and DoY North cape, I know that I would have been able to get Aigle for free but I value 10point captains high as a collector as I keep every ship. So if you question my choice from a gamers perspective I can understand it as you maybe need only 2-3 captains for the French BB line but I need 8!. And I want to start the at least from T5 and up as 10 pointers. It costs 175 K XP to grow to 10 points (+some reassigning) from 3 p and I find 10 p the optimal level to grow to at the moment.

Even if the last containers are not giving me any new missions for Lyon or Richeliu I stand firm, Lyons shotgun maybe fun to grind and I am sure I have grinded Normandie ready by then, Bretagne I have already unlocked through the mission and played a while , now with Normandie mission in hand I will slow down. 

All in all it is a question how you value your time, but the answer to how many containers you should buy could be Aigle instead as the drop rate seems low for Lyon and Richelieu.

I would be happy of course if I get one in all the extra Aigle containers.

Remember it is one container each every day if you play a battle in the Aigle until March 2

aigle.jpg

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,757 posts
8,832 battles

Haven't bought any containers so far, but I have earned 10 free ones so far.

In those I have gotten both the Bretagne and Normandie-missions.

Beta Tester
2,223 posts
6,524 battles

Played two games last night, got 3 containers and in one was the T5 BB, french version of the New Yorck, gonna try it tonight :Smile_bajan2:

[H_FAN]
Players
2,193 posts
29,960 battles
9 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

Paying loads of real money to unlock ships that can be grinded in a few days for free?!? - Well played Wargaming!:cap_tea:

Loads of money? Yes but you set a prize on your time, if the grinding is endless and you have more money than free time i.e. you earn more in say two hours work than you grind it is not so easy as you say, 

I have had very poor income during periods of time in WOWS then I grind for free, but is in another situation now.

[-TXG-]
Beta Tester
11 posts
9,909 battles

Played all weekend for hours and hours,completed all the missions got all the containers,opened said containers and didn't get enough to fill 1 collection so i take it unless i pay for more containers that's it for me? I call [edited]! very disappointed is an understatement. cheers WG  

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
965 posts
9,786 battles

Within my clan of 37 people, quite a few guys bought from 1-20 boxes and we have several of the tier 5 ship missions, some 6s and one 7 so far. I am personally only 1/3 of the way through the personal missions for more boxes so may have more luck, but i am guessing that the drop chance is higher from paid boxes than from the 25+ free boxes.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,566 posts
10,535 battles

Hi all,

I finished all French missions (available for now) and got 12 containers (I was home with flue / cold for past week and played just in past few days - the rest = bed only).

18 Collection items needed

• 8 Unique Collection items
  • 4 Duplicates
  • 0 Special French BB missions

Somehow I don't think that I will be able to finish the collection (and get unique commander "Jean-Jacques Honoré") with remaining 13 containers... :Smile_amazed:

Leo "Apollo11"