Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blood_Rave_1984

Respawn options and turning friendly fire off

20 comments in this topic

Players
165 posts
775 battles

To deal with TKing, I propose having friendly fire turned off on PVP, it would reduce the stress levels a hell of a lot. 

Gaijin have got a lot of things right with War Thunder, one of them being you get respawn options when you die so a mistake will not eject you from the game. This is my idea on respawns, you get to choose three ships of a single nation to take with you and that's all you are allowed. If you die three times you are out of the game, that way mistakes are not punished severely. 

We know WG has a respawn system on World of Warplanes so maybe they could implement them into World of Warships. I would like to hear other people's views on these proposals but done in a clam and rational manner.  

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 7

[DSW]
Players
3,794 posts
7,746 battles

true, I dont see that much point in Friendly Fire... but it also doesn't add to the stress levels "a hell of a lot"; it's pretty damn rare (unlike in many other online games). So, low priority for me.

Respawns, hell no. The game is waaaay too slow paced, and ships can take way too many hits for that to make any kind of sense.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,669 battles

It would be better if both sink if a friendly rams you just like if you ram the enemy, now that would be fun, think the friendly fire should deal full damage on all shells and torps, turning it of is stupid.

Beta Tester
1,857 posts
6,165 battles
1 minute ago, Azalgor said:

It would be better if both sink if a friendly rams you just like if you ram the enemy, now that would be fun, think the friendly fire should deal full damage on all shells and torps, turning it of is stupid.

You know that would result in a uprooar right? 

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,669 battles
Just now, Major_Damage225 said:

You know that would result in a uprooar right? 

Anything would result in a uproar, thats life, some will like others wont, i gave my opinion.

Beta Tester
1,857 posts
6,165 battles
Just now, Azalgor said:

Anything would result in a uproar, thats life, some will like others wont, i gave my opinion.

I agree with you on that, im just seeing the "i couldnt turn in time yadayada" threads poping up after a friendly collision. 

Players
961 posts
4,865 battles

So basically you want the game dumbed down or an easy mode. Friendly fire prevents people from just yolo spamming torps to get the kill. Respawn is bad beyond belief. Imagine 5 cvs respawning for one side all of a sudden.

Make your return to port your respawn. This way you force yourself to play well and benefit your team. 

• Cool 2

[PUPSI]
Players
6,249 posts
Vor 54 Minuten, Blood_Rave_1984 sagte:

To deal with TKing, I propose having friendly fire turned off on PVP, it would reduce the stress levels a hell of a lot. 

to deal with TKing we need a real punishment for TKing, not only this different colour for the name...

Players
165 posts
775 battles
40 minutes ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

So basically you want the game dumbed down or an easy mode. Friendly fire prevents people from just yolo spamming torps to get the kill. Respawn is bad beyond belief. Imagine 5 cvs respawning for one side all of a sudden.

Make your return to port your respawn. This way you force yourself to play well and benefit your team. 

That's why the ship limit would be 1 CV, 1 BB, 1 CA and 1 DD. Bear in mind you would have to choose carefully which three classes you bring because that's all you have. 

Make that for random battles, for ranked and clan then no respawn is more than fair enough.

A solution that makes both sides happy in regards to casuals and veterans alike, it would be interesting to hear the dev's point of view on this idea

Players
165 posts
775 battles
49 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

to deal with TKing we need a real punishment for TKing, not only this different colour for the name...

Often accidents due to people not paying attention

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
8 minutes ago, Blood_Rave_1984 said:

This is just an idea, I'm looking at a neutral solution here

I doubt there is a neutral solution. You either get "Yes we want" or "No, we don't want".

I agree with that friendly fire should stay in the game because it adds another element to it which is being careful about what your team mates are doing. Not really a bad thing because it is not only important to avoid team damage.

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

I don't agree in removing friendly fire, as other said already it prevents bad play, however I'm in favor or removing the chance of setting a friendly ship on fire, true that everyone should act with care around a friendly ship very close to you but some situations are out of control anyways and when you set a friendly on fire it's annoying and not something you want or do on purpose.

[LEGIO]
Players
585 posts
7,554 battles

Teamkilling sucka. Had a game today. Was in smoke. Waay ahead of or main group. Was about to launch my torpedoes. All the sudden came a full spread from a friendly ARP Cruiser. Blew up of course. And that team killer blamed me. I should had seen his torpedoes. I did. But to late. He launched his torps right at me. But this is one of many situations lately. And very few even say sorry. Accidents can happend. So. Fix some serious punishment for Teamkillers. Because many of them doesn't give a crap if they are pink or not. :Smile_izmena:

[IRQ]
Players
2,733 posts
6,638 battles

Friendly fire makes gameplay more deliberate and less random. It's better as it is.

Respawns would make all games take 20 minutes. On the plus, that would probably remove most curbstomps. On the negative, it would encourage yoloing, suiciding for the sake of respawning in a different location, MM would break completely.

[TOAST]
Players
1,998 posts
25,653 battles
1 hour ago, darkstar73 said:

Teamkilling sucka. Had a game today. Was in smoke. Waay ahead of or main group. Was about to launch my torpedoes. All the sudden came a full spread from a friendly ARP Cruiser. Blew up of course. And that team killer blamed me. I should had seen his torpedoes. I did. But to late. He launched his torps right at me. But this is one of many situations lately. And very few even say sorry. Accidents can happend. So. Fix some serious punishment for Teamkillers. Because many of them doesn't give a crap if they are pink or not. :Smile_izmena:

Team Killer should Play 15 games in the same ship he used to TK, No Credits, No XP, Minimum damage per game X2 that of his ships HP, if DD then X4 of his ships XP.

Might work, and also might make players take more precautions before firing torps or shells.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,786 posts
10,685 battles
6 hours ago, Blood_Rave_1984 said:

Gaijin have got a lot of things right with War Thunder, one of them being you get respawn options when you die so a mistake will not eject you from the game. This is my idea on respawns, you get to choose three ships of a single nation to take with you and that's all you are allowed. If you die three times you are out of the game, that way mistakes are not punished severely. 

We know WG has a respawn system on World of Warplanes so maybe they could implement them into World of Warships. I would like to hear other people's views on these proposals but done in a clam and rational manner.  

Do we really want to make WoWs a completely different game? Because your propositions are basically on the level of re-thinking the whole premise and COMPLETELY overturn the gameplay. Currently every ship is precious and every kill is a big step towards victory. Respawns (even with nothing else changed) would make victories by wipeout pretty much unheard of - it would be all about pushing the enemy out of caps and accumulating points. It might be good or bad, but it would most certainly be completely different. The balance would also be completely lost - after all what's the point of high-sustainability ships (say, BBs with their heals) if you can get another one after you die? And then there's the fact that the tier structure and progression model we have now is incompatible with WT-style respawns - we have a steep vertical ship tree, most nations don't even have 3 non-premium ships on any tier, nevermind 3 of the same class if someone really wants to play specific class.

What WoWs could realistically introduce is a game style with respawns more along the lines of Armored Warfere's Global Operations - and if you happened to play both Glops and standard AW, you'd find how completely different they are and how many additional elements had to be introduced to make the mode interesting in a situation where dying isn't the end and killing doesn't get you very far...

I'm personally not against respawns as such. I even believe they could've been a better idea for class balancing than what we got - if, for example, BBs were as powerful as some BB players believe they should but, on the other hand, cruisers had DDs had respectively 3 and 6 lives or something like that? But these are ideas that just don't fit WoWs as the game functions currently. Introducing respawns in any shape or form would pretty much mean taking the assets and designing a new game around them. I don't think we really want or need that.

Sign in to follow this