You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SkullBreaker007

GPU usage 0% when playing game

8 comments in this topic

Question

Players
135 posts
1,146 battles

Hey guys when playing world of warships I ised process hacker to monitor the performance I saw that my gpu was at 0% is that a problem( btw my game is laggy). How do I fix this?

7 answers to this question

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles
4 minutes ago, SkullBreaker007 said:

Hey guys when playing world of warships I ised process hacker to monitor the performance I saw that my gpu was at 0% is that a problem( btw my game is laggy). How do I fix this?

Well if your GPU is not working properly it would not surprise me that your game is laggy.

Could you please specify your used hardware and make a screenshot of your ingame settings (graphics)?

Players
135 posts
1,146 battles
17 minutes ago, LilJumpa said:

Well if your GPU is not working properly it would not surprise me that your game is laggy.

Could you please specify your used hardware and make a screenshot of your ingame settings (graphics)?

4gb ram

Intel hd 4400

Intel i5 1.6ghz ( goes upto 2.1ghz)

My in game settings are at lowest possible.

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles
23 minutes ago, SkullBreaker007 said:

4gb ram

Intel hd 4400

Intel i5 1.6ghz ( goes upto 2.1ghz)

My in game settings are at lowest possible.

Hm that is ob the minimum end of the scale and your video card also has shared memory (and you don't have that much) so I guess you are running it on a notebook.

First things on notebooks: check the windows(are you on windows) power plan settings and set the to highest performance possible.

100 different things can cause this and since you are running a fairly weak system it is also possible that your hardware simply cannot handle the game or some components are actually dying.

Also there is the possibility that your monitoring tool is not reading the correct values.

I would recommend you also post this in the Tech corner 

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/forum/500-tech-corner/

Please provide as much info as possible:

- Hardware specs

- Operating system

- When you last updated drivers

- does this problem only occur when you play WoWs

- did you try to reinstall DirectX 11 (since this game requires this now and there is no DirectX9 support anymore)

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,177 posts
5,051 battles

Just a dumb question : do you have other games on your computer ? Does your GPU work with them ?

Players
135 posts
1,146 battles
1 hour ago, LilJumpa said:

Hm that is ob the minimum end of the scale and your video card also has shared memory (and you don't have that much) so I guess you are running it on a notebook.

First things on notebooks: check the windows(are you on windows) power plan settings and set the to highest performance possible.

100 different things can cause this and since you are running a fairly weak system it is also possible that your hardware simply cannot handle the game or some components are actually dying.

Also there is the possibility that your monitoring tool is not reading the correct values.

I would recommend you also post this in the Tech corner 

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/forum/500-tech-corner/

Please provide as much info as possible:

- Hardware specs

- Operating system

- When you last updated drivers

- does this problem only occur when you play WoWs

- did you try to reinstall DirectX 11 (since this game requires this now and there is no DirectX9 support anymore)

Okay ill try posting on tech.

Players
135 posts
1,146 battles
1 hour ago, NoirLotus said:

Just a dumb question : do you have other games on your computer ? Does your GPU work with them ?

I do play the sims 4

It runs smoothly at medium graphics and gpu usage is normal

But not on wows