Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hayashio

IJN Asashio Revisited (In Preview Mk. 2)

70 comments in this topic

[TSUN]
Community Contributor, Beta Tester
335 posts
6,255 battles

unknown.pngIJN Asashio - I don't know what to say

Again, this is only the second test cycle of the Asashio, and as such information presented here should be taken with a grain of salt. Anything but the raw numbers and stats presented here is my honest opinion of the ship in it's current state.

I am not truly surprised that the Asashio in this test cycle is less than ideal, in fact, I was anticipating this as soon as the PTS notes came along. But this is going in a direction that I didn't really expect. Enough teasing though, let's get right to business.

ORIGINAL ARTICLE: HERE

Rundown of the changes:

So those of you that paid attention to the Asashio changes know that she is now equipped with 20 kilometre, 67knot, deep-water torpedoes that deal just shy of 21000 damage. These deep-water torpedoes have been set to only hit capital ships (CVs and BBs). In addition to this, the deep-water torpedoes have a base detection range of 0.7 kilometres.

The torpedoes are, otherwise, completely identical to the ones found on Kagerou, with a 112s reload, in the same quadruple torpedo setup (2x4).

In addition to these, frankly quite significant loadout changes, Asashio now receives an additional consumable slot. Asashio now has Damacon, Smoke, Engine Boost and Torpedo Reload Accelerator. The Damacon is the standard found on all the other destroyers, the Engine Boost is also, identical to the normal Japanese one, and the Torpedo Reload Accelerator is the one found on the main line, 1 second active time, reducing a reload to 8 seconds. This Accelerator has, however, only 240 seconds of cooldown time.

I am still using the same commander skills and modifications from the last round of testing. In this setup I do recommend these.

unknown.png

unknown.png

This build allows for concealment, survivability, and blisteringly fast torpedoes. IFHE is added for increased gunboat effectiveness, since the ship is so lacking in this aspect. You could skill it to be full torpedo boat, of course. This is, however, how I roll. You don't honestly need the 20 kilometres, 16 are more than enough.

Analysis:

Without putting a single match in, I can already predict that the Asashio will be extremely powerful in some situations, and close to completely useless in others. She can only hit large vessels with her torpedoes, putting her at a huge disadvantage against anything that does not meet that criteria. She will be food cruisers and competent DD players.

Her gameplay will not be affected too much by these changes, since she'll still be fulfilling the scouting, capturing and torpedoing role. In this cylce, she will just have to hold her torpedoes back more often.

In Practice:

So I thought this ship would perform much worse than she actually does. I put my first games into her, and I was really surprised.

Spoiler

shot-18.02.08_04.20.30-0676.jpg

shot-18.02.08_04.21.12-0446.jpg

shot-18.02.08_04.38.21-0963.jpg

shot-18.02.08_04.01.38-0173.jpg

I expected this ship to be super situational (we'll get there). But then I remembered that we're talking about World of Warships here! And the one thing that's certain about World of Warships, is at least 2 BBs in the enemy team at all times. At that was the case, even during testing.

We start off match one, by torpedoing a full health Colorado at 15 kilometres. The poor guy doesn't even know that he is about to meet his maker.  He Damacons, but it doesn't matter, for we have just reloaded using our torpedo reload consumable, and the second salvo is already underway. He sinks, having done nothing this match. We continue on to the next battleship, and match after match, we decimate the enemy Battleships. Whether at close or at long range, Asashio doesn't care, she has the torpedo range AND the concealment.

We're at our best in standard battles, with lots of battleships and no carriers. The bigger, the better. If we have to capture a control point before going off to farm damage, we can do that with our concealment, we might need a little help from friendly destroyers or cruisers (or perhaps even battleships, if they don't hate us already!), but we can definitely dictate the engagement, even in the smallest of cap circles.

Battleship push on the flank? No problem, we can just sit there, slowly whittling down the enemy ships that without support of aircraft or hydro, never know when to start evading.

After about 5 matches, I feel like I need a break. I have lost all sense of damage and range.

The matches above are consistent. These are match, after match, after match. The only situation Asashio isn't a fan of, is if all the enemy battleships run from the battlefield (Which does happen more often than it should). Asashio also doesn't like carriers. But that's just like the last test cycle. If a carrier wants you dead, there's little you can do about it, it won't even be a hard time for the carrier.

Conclusion:

Asashio's buff only addressed one problem with the ship. She was not unique enough to warrant a purchase. But in her current form I don't think she should be released. This version of the Asashio is not healthy. Not healthy for the game, not healthy for the players. It's a greedy, damage farming monster. It rewards the player for avoiding direct confrontation and going damage farming. She cannot deal with other destroyers and cruisers because her guns are lackluster. She cannot deal with carriers because she's got no proper AA. What we have here, at the moment, is a ship that's only good at one thing. Farming damage off of a single class of ships.

In addition to the grief you cause the enemy team with your torpedoes, you will also find that Asashio does little to contribute to her own team's effort of winning. She can only contest a cap because she out-spots her opponents, she cannot deal with those opponents, however, because her guns are so bad and her torps won't hit. Combine this with the fact that she isn't the fastest, which is a general Japanese flaw, she can be easily chased down and dealt with.

What I would change:

If WG does not want to drop the DWT idea, I would definitely recommend lowering the range on the torpedoes, while adding cruisers to the list of ships that can be hit. 15km torpedoes for instance, could be an interesting choice. Perhaps the old Fubuki torpedoes? Or go back to 10 kilometres. The focus doesn't have to be 100% on the torpedoes, that can also make for an interesting premium.

The guns... need to be addressed. I don't see a reason for this ship to have 9 seconds of reload, while having no proper defense against smaller sized vessels with DWT. I've said already that the reason DWT work on the Pan Asians, is because they don't suck out at gunfighting, or AA protection.

All people ask for of Japanese destroyers at this point is that they don't feel like a one trick pony. If we can't have AA (which would be awesome, seeing as tier 6 Japanese destroyer AA outclasses everything but Akizuki til tier 9), we should at least have some way of defending ourselves from all the new gunboats that are coming to the game. Yuugumo was a step in the right direction. Akizuki is also a very popular ship. Heck, look at the popularity of Harekaze. All these ships have one thing in common. They are not situational. They are viable, they can adapt, and that is what makes them popular.

I am interested to see what you guys think of the current Asashio. Again, she is not in her final form, so changes can be made, and I'll do my best to run the feedback back to WG (unless they are secretly reading in already).

• Cool 11

[LEGIO]
Players
599 posts
8,047 battles
2 minutes ago, Strefs said:

unknown.pngIJN Asashio - I don't know what to say

Again, this is only the second test cycle of the Asashio, and as such information presented here should be taken with a grain of salt. Anything but the raw numbers and stats presented here is my honest opinion of the ship in it's current state.

I am not truly surprised that the Asashio in this test cycle is less than ideal, in fact, I was anticipating this as soon as the PTS notes came along. But this is going in a direction that I didn't really expect. Enough teasing though, let's get right to business.

ORIGINAL ARTICLE: HERE

Rundown of the changes:

So those of you that paid attention to the Asashio changes know that she is now equipped with 20 kilometre, 67knot, deep-water torpedoes that deal just shy of 21000 damage. These deep-water torpedoes have been set to only hit capital ships (CVs and BBs). In addition to this, the deep-water torpedoes have a base detection range of 0.7 kilometres.

The torpedoes are, otherwise, completely identical to the ones found on Kagerou, with a 112s reload, in the same quadruple torpedo setup (2x4).

In addition to these, frankly quite significant loadout changes, Asashio no receives an additional consumable slot. Asashio now has Damacon, Smoke, Engine Boost and Torpedo Reload Accelerator. The Damacon is the standard found on all the other destroyers, the Engine Boost is also, identical to the normal Japanese one, and the Torpedo Reload Accelerator is the one found on the main line, 1 second active time, reducing a reload to 8 seconds. This Accelerator has, however, only 240 seconds of cooldown time.

I am still using the same commander skills and modifications from the last round of testing. In this setup I do recommend these.

unknown.png

unknown.png

This build allows for concealment, survivability, and blisteringly fast torpedoes. IFHE is added for increased gunboat effectiveness, since the ship is so lacking in this aspect. You could skill it to be full torpedo boat, of course. This is, however, how I roll. You don't honestly need the 20 kilometres, 16 are more than enough.

Analysis:

Without putting a single match in, I can already predict that the Asashio will be extremely powerful in some situations, and close to completely useless in others. She can only hit large vessels with her torpedoes, putting her at a huge disadvantage against anything that does not meet that criteria. She will be food cruisers and competent DD players.

Her gameplay will not be affected too much by these changes, since she'll still be fulfilling the scouting, capturing and torpedoing role. In this cylce, she will just have to hold her torpedoes back more often.

In Practice:

So I thought this ship would perform much worse than she actually does. I put my first games into her, and I was really surprised.

Hide contents

shot-18.02.08_04.20.30-0676.jpg

shot-18.02.08_04.21.12-0446.jpg

shot-18.02.08_04.38.21-0963.jpg

shot-18.02.08_04.01.38-0173.jpg

I expected this ship to be super situational (we'll get there). But then I remembered that we're talking about World of Warships here! And the one thing that's certain about World of Warships, is at least 2 BBs in the enemy team at all times. At that was the case, even during testing.

We start off match one, by torpedoing a full health Colorado at 15 kilometres. The poor guy doesn't even know that he is about to meet his maker.  He Damacons, but it doesn't matter, for we have just reloaded using our torpedo reload consumable, and the second salvo is already underway. He sinks, having done nothing this match. We continue on to the next battleship, and match after match, we decimate the enemy Battleships. Whether at close or at long range, Asashio doesn't care, she has the torpedo range AND the concealment.

We're at our best in standard battles, with lots of battleships and no carriers. The bigger, the better. If we have to capture a control point before going off to farm damage, we can do that with our concealment, we might need a little help from friendly destroyers or cruisers (or perhaps even battleships, if they don't hate us already!), but we can definitely dictate the engagement, even in the smallest of cap circles.

Battleship push on the flank? No problem, we can just sit there, slowly whittling down the enemy ships that without support of aircraft or hydro, never know when to start evading.

After about 5 matches, I feel like I need a break. I have lost all sense of damage and range.

The matches above are consistent. These are match, after match, after match. The only situation Asashio isn't a fan of, is if all the enemy battleships run from the battlefield (Which does happen more often than it should). Asashio also doesn't like carriers. But that's just like the last test cycle. If a carrier wants you dead, there's little you can do about it, it won't even be a hard time for the carrier.

Conclusion:

Asashio's Buff, only addressed one problem with the ship. She was not unique enough to warrant a purchase. But in her current form I don't think she should be released. This version of the Asashio is not healthy. Not healthy for the game, not healthy for the players. It's a greedy, damage farming monster. It rewards the player for avoiding direct confrontation and going damage farming. She cannot deal with other destroyers and cruisers because her guns are lackluster. She cannot deal with carriers because she's got no proper AA. What we have here, at the moment, is a ship that's only good at one thing. Farming damage off of a single class of ships.

In addition to the grief you cause the enemy team with your torpedoes, you will also find that Asashio does little to contribute to her own team's effort of winning. She can only contest a cap because she out-spots her opponents, she cannot deal with those opponents, however, because her guns are so bad and her torps won't hit. Combine this with the fact that she isn't the fastest, which is a general Japanese flaw, she can be easily chased down and dealt with.

What I would change:

If WG does not want to drop the DWT idea, I would definitely recommend lowering the range on the torpedoes, while adding cruisers to the list of ships that can be hit. 15km torpedoes for instance, could be an interesting choice. Perhaps the old Fubuki torpedoes? Or go back to 10 kilometres. The focus doesn't have to be 100% on the torpedoes, that can also make for an interesting premium.

The guns... need to be addressed. I don't see a reason for this ship to have 9 seconds of reload, while having no proper defense against smaller sized vessels with DWT. I've said already that the reason DWT work on the Pan Asians, is because they don't suck out at gunfighting, or AA protection.

All people ask for of Japanese destroyers at this point is that they don't feel like a one trick pony. If we can't have AA (which would be awesome, seeing as tier 6 Japanese destroyer AA outclasses everything but Akizuki til tier 9), we should at least have some way of defending ourselves from all the new gunboats that are coming to the game. Yuugumo was a step in the right direction. Akizuki is also a very popular ship. Heck, look at the popularity of Harekaze. All these ships have one thing in common. They are not situational. They are viable, they can adapt, and that is what makes them popular.

I am interested to see what you guys think of the current Asashio. Again, she is not in her final form, so changes can be made, and I'll do my best to run the feedback back to WG (unless they are secretly reading in already).

Thanks for the reciw mate. Exellent work :) Look forward to her :) 

[TSUN]
335 posts
6,255 battles
Just now, darkstar73 said:

Thanks for the reciw mate. Exellent work :) Look forward to her :) 

in case they do release her like this, I'd give my recommendation. But again, I don't think this ship is really a good idea at the moment.

Players
309 posts
6,005 battles

Seems pretty much useless to me.

This will only attract donkeys that will spam torps from max range (same as max range BB sniping), never even going close to caps (why would you with terribad DPM and DWTs...), relying on enemy BBs being braindead. Such long range torp runs will miss in the majority of cases, therefore the impact of this DD on the result of a game is going to be NIL.

Bad, unhealthy, rework.

DWT are a stupid gimmick anyway.

[TSUN]
335 posts
6,255 battles
Just now, Tekacko said:

DWT are a stupid gimmick anyway.

I definitely had that opinion at first too, but it works. Not so much in this instance, however...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
5,473 posts
9,977 battles

Why boost those guns if you rarely use them (screenshots)? Would pick torp reload plus AR and drop IFHE plus SI or SE.

Stock HE pen of those 127mm should do the job vs most DD just fine.

Beta Tester
1,980 posts
6,314 battles

I wish WG would give kageros regular  torps this preformance but with 1.3 detectability instead of 0.7, heck all ijn dd's from t8 onward. But thats just dreams :Smile_hiding:

[SM0KE]
Players
3,067 posts
7,531 battles

Whilst I'm aware I'm a lousy player, as it stands I would avoid buying this thing - as stated, you're a sitting duck against most of the key DD hunters.

Your game-plan sounds like it should be, more or less, hide from everything that isn't a BB and lob torps at said BBs from a distance. The horrible vulnerability against everything that isn't a BB will provide significant encouragement to fire from as far away as possible; besides being less likely to hit anything useful, imagine lots of people with my stats trying this stuff - torp friendly fire risks would almost certainly shoot up with this ship.

One neat trick you might be tempted to try is to try and fire through your own DD and cruiser screen, to hit approaching enemy BBs; unless everyone is fully au fait with what's coming, I can imagine a few panicked cruisers (especially) doing something silly because the didn't realise the torps you just fired will pass harmlessly beneath (because they're used the PA ones which wouldn't).

So, this hopeless newbie says 'nah!'...

[TSUN]
335 posts
6,255 battles
4 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Why boost those guns if you rarely use them? Would pick torp reload plus AR and drop IFHE plus SI or SE.

Stock HE pen of those 127mm should do the job vs most DD just fine.

This is how I play my Yuugumo. I do use my guns qutie a bit. That's why I also have SE. SI is useful since she does have quite a few useful consumables.

EDIT: The fact that the guns are positively bad, doesn't mean they're not there.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

It almost looks like a DD version of the Kaga.

Monstrous in certain situations but useless in others.

If it sells then almost any other DD will have an utter hoot killing them all. Nearly defenceless vs DDs.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Beta Tester
1,980 posts
6,314 battles

The only IJN DD i felt the guns can be used as a offence tool (not counting Harekaze) was the old Fubuki, on all others i tend to use them only for last resort defence, kiting purposes or as a fire starter (unless a low hp ship is in range) idk maby im doing it wrong but thats just me :Smile_honoring:

Players
104 posts
6,606 battles

I wouldn't call giving her deepwater torps a buff. As a IJN DD player that contest caps you really need your torpedoes to win those duels or at least force the other DD to focus his attention elsewhere. With her horrible guns and turret rotation (WG please remember Patch 0.6.4, you know where you changed IJN DD turret rotation speed) and non usable torps in these situations you cannot do anything except run and hope your teammates kills the red before you die, such fun gameplay, NOT.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
24 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

The only IJN DD i felt the guns can be used as a offence tool (not counting Harekaze) was the old Fubuki, on all others i tend to use them only for last resort defence, kiting purposes or as a fire starter (unless a low hp ship is in range) idk maby im doing it wrong but thats just me :Smile_honoring:

Even Harekaze isn't a true offensive tool as her HP pool is too low to brawl unless you are fighting things on half health or have ambushed them good. 

Apparently Shinonome is workable too when top tier...

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
3 minutes ago, snakecake said:

I wouldn't call giving her deepwater torps a buff. As a IJN DD player that contest caps you really need your torpedoes to win those duels or at least force the other DD to focus his attention elsewhere. With her horrible guns and turret rotation (WG please remember Patch 0.6.4, you know where you changed IJN DD turret rotation speed) and non usable torps in these situations you cannot do anything except run and hope your teammates kills the red before you die, such fun gameplay, NOT.

This ship will be played by all those Shima players who don't go anywhere near a cap whilst your team bleeds out points. Then they get arrogant and claim they're in the right because they nuke BBs even though the team has zero caps. 

It even encourages folk to do the above as with bad guns and the last IJN line of defence vs DDs gone (that's the threat of taking a 20k torp) it will simply be impossible to contest caps as any gunboat DD will just rush you with guns blazing and fear nothing...

Players
5,292 posts
6,412 battles

I voiced my opinion on the DWT Asashio already often enough to bore myself with it, so I'll keep it short - Thank you for the review. It pretty much confirms my doubts and I agree, it is not a good idea to create a ship that has to play the retarded way of damage farming over cap control or forward spotting, because it encourages this behaviour in general and it even encourages BBs to camp even harder at the very far end of the map, as soon as they see an Asashio in the lineup. Taking out this ship, to me, would seem like a big [edited] you to your own team, because you basically chose to play a terrible ship where the behaviour least team-oriented is actually the most effective.

Players
910 posts
11,126 battles

So in short, I could spam a whole lot of useless 20km DWT-s from smoke?

Yay.

Thing is, I'm starving for an interesting IJN... something. Anything. But as the Asashio stands now, it's completely useless in pve, and downright insulting to my own team in pvp.

Nnnnah.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,980 posts
6,314 battles
1 hour ago, Negativvv said:

Even Harekaze isn't a true offensive tool as her HP pool is too low to brawl unless you are fighting things on half health or have ambushed them good. 

Apparently Shinonome is workable too when top tier...

In Harekaze im comftorbe drilling a Kiev a new one, you'd be surprised at the ammount off DD's panik when you go ape on them, they dont expect it, shock therapy works :Smile_trollface:

Players
5,292 posts
6,412 battles
1 minute ago, Major_Damage225 said:

In Harekaze im comftorbe drilling a Kiev a new one, you'd be surprised at the ammount off DD's panik when you go ape on them, they dont expect it, shock therapy works :Smile_trollface:

Yeah. While you should not count on it, it isn't too rare to run into that occasional smug DD that thinks you're just another IJN torp boat and then goes into full panic mode when their hp suddenly melts under 6 10 cm shells every 3 seconds (or less). Russians are the most likely victims (or Pan-Asians), because their turrets turn so terribly slowly and you can see them coming, so likely you get the first shot off too, if you ambush them. But as said, I'd not count on it. Most often, the main reason Harekaze wins (or should win) gunfights is because Harekaze picked it on her terms.

And frankly, Harekaze is what I expect to be one of DWT Asashio's biggest nightmares, because the last thing Asashio could use against any other DD fails against Harekaze that shares the excellent 5.4 km Kagero stealth. If you consider that Harekaze is half a knot faster and the DPM on the guns is like night and day...

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
803 posts
4,376 battles

I think this ship was meant to be playable in Tier 10 MM, despite being a Tier 8. Only this way can it justify "premium" status, by being MM-safe.

At T10, any T8 DD might as well say goodbye to using the guns (they'll insta-die), so the can only perma-stealth and torp. CAs will not be their main target, but the massive, juicy T10 BBs. So basically WG has simplified your logic for you already. You are not meant to "contest" caps, only spot and free-cap, and scare the big ships, which a T8 DD in T10 can only do so much anyways. Now you are even exempt from the peer-pressure of "contest that cap, DD!" because your build is not to do that. Which is, coincidentally, something Khaba players enjoy too ... the bias is real.

This Asashio premium concept is actually very sound, and is very enticing to purchase, and will likely bring more money to WG, but more toxicity to the game. Nothing new.

Players
5,292 posts
6,412 battles
18 minutes ago, KarmaQU_EU said:

I think this ship was meant to be playable in Tier 10 MM, despite being a Tier 8. Only this way can it justify "premium" status, by being MM-safe.

At T10, any T8 DD might as well say goodbye to using the guns (they'll insta-die), so the can only perma-stealth and torp. CAs will not be their main target, but the massive, juicy T10 BBs. So basically WG has simplified your logic for you already. You are not meant to "contest" caps, only spot and free-cap, and scare the big ships, which a T8 DD in T10 can only do so much anyways. Now you are even exempt from the peer-pressure of "contest that cap, DD!" because your build is not to do that. Which is, coincidentally, something Khaba players enjoy too ... the bias is real.

This Asashio premium concept is actually very sound, and is very enticing to purchase, and will likely bring more money to WG, but more toxicity to the game. Nothing new.

Getting into a T10 match as a Harekaze is hardly unplayable. It's not even something I dislike, because frankly, it's just more exp for my damage. DDs are the same deal as T8 and below - you pick the fights when you likely win, you avoid them when you'd take too heavy losses, you outspot enemies, so it works. You can still contest caps and it isn't even too hard. And the BBs. Torping Yamato or GK is so much easier than torping those T6 and T7 BBs that can actually turn. I wouldn't think it is unplayable for a good few other DDs either. So, yeah, no. Asashio is not going to be more "playable", especially not if it is mostly based on the likely development of people just giving up on you for your ship is unsuited to do a proper job.

Players
2,170 posts

If these pathetic DWT's are the only option then hell no, the rest apart from the addition of Reload Booster still looks like a screwed up Kagero.

I really like DD's, but this one is pathetic with a stupid gimmick. Not worth any money at all.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
1 hour ago, Major_Damage225 said:

True but having just come from a season of Ranked where I got to R1 in a Harekaze, I can tell you that doesn't work against the initiated. 

You can still out gun them with AP if they're broadside and aggressive but that really isn't a tactic that will leave you with much HP left over. IMO the more HP you can save into late game as a DD the more dangerous you'll be.

57 minutes ago, KarmaQU_EU said:

Most DDs at T8 can handle T10 MMs fine. Sure you might need to play a bit smarter but there's no reason why you can't make a real difference. 

Asashio is basically free damage for any DD with RPF and half decent guns. At T8 everyone other than a Kagero will eat you up. If an enemy RPF DD is anywhere near you then that's very bad news. Low gun DPM, low turret traverse, zero threat of torping the DDs. Don't forget if there is a Cruiser support with that DD then you're double screwed as the DWT will pass under them too. 

Still WiP, maybe WG will make changes. Or they'll see there's plenty of folk willing to throw money at a terminally compromised DD. 

[BYOB]
Players
3,561 posts
13,720 battles
3 hours ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Shinonome is actually a good IJN DD. 

Decent guns with high alpha and nice torpedoes. 

If it was a bad ship it wouldn't be a reward. :cap_cool:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,618 posts
8,112 battles
4 hours ago, Aragathor said:

If it was a bad ship it wouldn't be a reward. :cap_cool:

actualy i think it usualy is the other way around. :Smile_teethhappy: (Shinonome isn't bad though)

On Topic:

Isn't that exactly what the original IJNs wanted to be?

Deadly Torpedo only BB killing machines with superior stealth?

In fact if they buff the raw alpha damage on those guns a bit more it is exactly how Shima played - only with DWT torps.

And isn't that also exactly how DWT Torps were supposed to work? I can clearly renember most people being upset over the incoming DWTs back in the day to be concerned that those actualy punish the cruiser more than the BBs and won't hurt the actual camping BBs but only those that actualy do play it right and fight at the front.

I think it is a step in the right direction if you want to achieve a true torpedoboat. With WGs policy powerful Torpedos with smoke AND TRB means you need to pay a heavy price. If that price isn't concealment or NO guns I am more than happy about it.

1) You can still cap, you only have to rely on your team to kill the DDs you spot or hurt them enough to knock them out with superior alpha (the only thing they may can safely buff) in one or two salvos.

2) You will infuse fear even in the campiest BBs out there. All you need to do is choose Torpedopaths without likely DDs around or Hydro. Every BB out of range is also a win because they are ineffective then.

3) RPF to have a warning from the incoming DD that WILL kill you is as mandatory as on all the other IJN DDs that are supposed to be Torpedoboats nowadays anyway.

I feel this could be a revival of the IJN DDs as true superor Torpedoboats, giving them back their national flavour that it was advertised with, hence why I very much agree to this plan.

Like I said the only thing I would consider buffing is the raw Alpha of the salvos to also reimplement the old Hit and run tactic of those earlier high alpha IJN guns.

Yes i know it is a nobbtrap that seems to excuse not playing the objective, but i like the general idea. :cap_like:

• Bad 1

Sign in to follow this