You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lyno_Lemon

British Ports

10 comments in this topic

[K-G-N]
Players
20 posts
9,480 battles

Just wanted to throw this out there. Will WG be adding any British ports or not? Would love to see Portsmouth and WW1 era Scapa Flow added to this game. What does everyone else think?

P.S I know we have London but there are better options.

• Cool 2

Modder, Alpha Tester
1,674 posts
892 battles

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Gib Plymouth Sound or Devonport pls, totally no bias at all

• Cool 1

[T-F-H]
Players
66 posts
10,869 battles

Scapa Flow would be a great idea especially given its importance during both world wars. Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see a Gibraltar port added but that'll never happen.

[K-G-N]
Players
20 posts
9,480 battles

Gib yes, great idea.

I'm from portsmouth so am a little biased and have seen loads of pics from 1800s-now and it in the early 1900s it looked amazing and busy. Being the homeport, they could have lots of iconic ships in the background too. Big submarine base visible in Gosport side of the harbour, Palmerston Forts and Portchester Castle all visible, Remaining wooden ships visible such as HMS VIctory. I was thinking it could even be treated like the premium port (worlds first dcokyard and drydocks). Capital ships weren't generally kept in Portsmouth during WW2 due to the Blitz and Porstmouth being a probably the most strategic British target for the Germans. Portsmouth, whilst badly bombed, escaped most bombing by putting lights in the marshes, thereby having most bombers bomb the wrong area. Might be the busiest port in the game.

Scapa Flow I feel would be best seen during WW1 or at the period of Germany's surrender. If we could see the German fleet either before or during scuttling. Post WW1 it was neglected and so will not look as impressive in my opinion.

Devonport could work. But Portsmouth I reckon is more interesting and better looking. But then we both have a bias there :)

WG if you read this, please, make Portsmouth or Scapa Flow a reality. And the British destroyer line/ CV line (maybe once you know what you are doing about CVs)

• Cool 1

[HAIFU]
Players
514 posts
4,778 battles

Definitely Scapa Flow, that would be cool. If they did a WWII-era port there would be HMS Iron Duke after being partially disarmed, I believe (added AA armament). We could have the weird situation of the Iron Duke in the background, and a "what-if" Iron Duke that we have in game.

On a different note, what about Trincomalee during WWII? It was an important naval base for the Royal Navy throughout the war, and was attacked by the Japanese fleet carriers in 1941. They could have a couple of the R-class battleships, maybe HMS Formidable and a few cruisers, cargo ships and monitors. There were also RAF airfields nearby, so we could have Hurricanes and Blenheims flying over. Who knows, maybe we would see Easter Eggs all over for the British CV line, if it ever happens.

• Cool 1

[HAIFU]
Players
514 posts
4,778 battles
2 hours ago, philjd said:

Id like to see the Grand Harbour, Valetta (Malta) added as a 'British' port

I forgot all about Malta, but it has a really important part in WWII, so I would love to see it.

• Cool 1