You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TerryCox

19 point Captains

8 comments in this topic

Question

[-TAP-]
[-TAP-]
Players
28 posts
10,074 battles

Hi

I finally got my first 19 point captain, does reaching 19 points give you any perks? (other than the points obviously) 

I'm a 3,00 battle noob, just awful at this game, been playing since May and only just figured things out that will be obvious to people from day 1, thought it time I started asking questions and watching more Youtube videos.

Thanks in advance.

7 answers to this question

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,436 posts
11,419 battles

Not really perks, but you can start farming Elite XP with him now.

Whenever you use this captain, 100% of your earned captains XP will become Elite XP that you can use like Free XP, just for captains.

More about this here: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Commander#Max_Rank_Commanders_and_Elite_Experience

• Cool 1

Players
204 posts
329 battles

Elite Commander XP can be:

• Applied to any non-Elite Commander to open a new level of Skills, or to get additional Skill Points free of charge.
  • Used to retrain any non-Elite Commander moved to a different ship (instead of doing the same with Doubloons).
  • Used to reset all mastered Skills at no cost (players will now be able to choose whether to reset Commander Skills using Doubloons or Elite XP).
  • Converted into Free XP for doubloons.

How to Spend Free XP on Commanders

Free XP can be used in the same way as Elite Commander XP. After all Elite Commander XP is spent, Free XP:

• Can be spent on promoting any Commander (that hasn’t reached the highest rank) to the next rank and increasing their number of Skill points.
  • Can be used to retrain a Commander, when assigned to a different ship, to 100% (instead of retraining this Commander with Doubloons.)
  • Can be spent on resetting all Skills mastered by a Commander (players will now be able to choose whether to reset Commander Skills with Doubloons or by spending Elite Commander XP/Free XP) -- the cost of redistributing Skills is 10,000 Elite Commander XP multiplied by the number of Skill points spent on mastering Skills.

Elite Commander XP and Free XP can be spent together, like the way Ship XP and Free XP are spent on researching ships and ship modules.

When Elite Commander XP and Free XP are spent, the following rules apply:

• To retrain a Commander, promote them to a new rank, or reset Commander Skills, the available Elite Commander XP and/or Free XP should be sufficient to fully complete such an operation (for example, to retrain a Commander to 100%). Otherwise, the operation will not be successfully completed.
  • When an operation can be completed, Elite Commander XP is spent first and Free XP is used only if there is not enough Elite Commander XP available.

When training/retraining a Commander, the total amount of Elite Commander XP and Free XP spent is equal to the amount of the Commander's own XP (Commander XP) required to train this Commander to a 100% level or earn the next Skill point. The total amount of Elite Commander XP and Free XP required to reset Commander Skills equals the amount required for such resetting.

Example of Using Elite XP

A Commander with 7 Skill Points is assigned from one researchable ship to another researchable ship and has just reached their current rank, but without enough Commander XP to reach the next rank. When they're retrained for another ship, the amount of "penalty" XP (required to retrain this Commander to 100%) is 10,000. Accelerating retraining by 50% is made with Credits. Consequently, 5,000 more XP is required to train this Commander to 100%. The player decides to further speed up the retraining process and get a 100% trained Commander using Elite Commander XP and Free XP.

There is 8,000 Elite Commander XP and 40,000 Free XP available on the player’s account. To speed up the retraining process, the player must spend exactly 5,000 Elite Commander XP to have a Commander retrained to 100%. However, the player also chooses to promote this Commander to the maximum attainable rank by using all kinds of available XP. However, the player also chooses to promote this Commander to the maximum attainable rank by using all kinds of available XP.

The "cost" of the next Commander rank is 30,000 XP. To reach it, it's 3,000 Elite Commander XP (the entire remaining amount of Elite Commander XP) + 27,000 Free XP. After that, 41,000 XP is required to reach the next rank. Under our scenario, the player will not be able to promote this Commander to the next rank, because they have zero Elite Commander XP available and only 13,000 Free XP left on their account.

Conversion of Elite Commander XP to Free XP

Elite Commander XP can be converted to "ordinary" Free XP using the same rules as the rules for conversion of the accumulated Ship XP. The conversion cost will be the same as the conversion cost of Ship XP into Free XP (25 XP for 1 Doubloon). Free XP cannot be converted back to Elite Commander XP. But, "ordinary" Free XP can now be directly spent for the same purposes as Elite Commander XP.

Access to Operations Involving Elite Commander XP

Elite Commander XP and Free XP become available for leveling up Commanders at Account Level 7, where the Commanders feature itself becomes available. However, Elite Commander XP can be spent only after it's been earned. Unlike Elite Commander XP, Free XP is already accessible to players before the Commanders feature is unlocked. Because of this, Free XP can be spent as described above before any Elite Commander XP has been earned.

From wiki.

The best return from a 19pt captain would be to use him in a ship you frequently play for WIN%  and stats in general and park him in a premium if you want accelerated elite comander xp gain and credits.

For your consideration @TerryCox

Spoiler

We haw a competition running from February 3rd till May 2nd and it would really be helpfull if you would choose and mark one post as the best answer.

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles

When you get the first one it's much easier to get the next and the next etc

Designate your 19 point captain on the silver ship you use the most and then move him around on the different premium ships of the same class for free

Example: I have a 19 point cpt on my Yamato that is set up especially for BBs, his home is on the Yamato but I also use him on Musashi and all other premium japanese BBs

• Cool 1

Players
3,577 posts
7,342 battles
4 hours ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

Designate your 19 point captain on the silver ship you use the most and then move him around on the different premium ships of the same class for free

Example: I have a 19 point cpt on my Yamato that is set up especially for BBs, his home is on the Yamato but I also use him on Musashi and all other premium japanese BBs

Having collection of 10 event IJN boats (Arpeggio Kongos, Myokos, Takao and Dragon Myoko) have it merits too.

[-TAP-]
[-TAP-]
Players
28 posts
10,074 battles
10 hours ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

Superb stuff. it's things like this I wouldn't think of. Thank you all for answering, maybe in another 3,000 battles, I won't be so awful.

• Cool 1

[-TAP-]
[-TAP-]
Players
28 posts
10,074 battles

Just an update and another thank you, I now have four 19 point Captains, the Elite commander xp has helped me a lot, especially when it comes to retraining for new tier ships.

• Cool 1