Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mangrey

New game mechanic

16 comments in this topic

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles

Yes ... lets have Overpene Torpedo .... it is the only thing thats needed since ANY othere  projectile in this game can overpene so why not Torpedos?

mang

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,307 posts
9,577 battles

No, no no. What you're looking for a duds.

Also, HE shells don't overpen ... and now you just reminded me of that guy who argued that people shouldn't use IFHE on the Akizuki because the 30% increased penetration would cause the HE to overpenetrate.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[ADRIA]
Players
4,268 posts
6,795 battles

Was there some mysterious announcement that I've missed? Or is this a random senseless rant?

Torp is like HE - explodes on impact, thus no overpens, quite obviously

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles
5 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Was there some mysterious announcement that I've missed? Or is this a random senseless rant?

Did you know that Bombes all so explode on impact ? .... annnd NOP ... AP bombs Dont ! curs ??!! they .... fly away ... like AP shells 

and yes it a RANT but more for my AP bombes then the torps (funny thought tho)

mang 

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles

I just had to post some diffiant then a normal boring rant  :D 

mang 

[ADRIA]
Players
4,268 posts
6,795 battles
6 minutes ago, Mangrey said:

Did you know that Bombes all so explode on impact ? .... annnd NOP ... AP bombs Dont ! curs ??!! they .... fly away ... like AP shells 

I was going to post a meme, but El2aZeR already beat me to it so I'll just quote him instead

4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

dee.jpg

Now Mang, read your own post. "AP bombs bounce / overpen / shatter" - bcuz it's AP - quite obviously

He explodes on impact, torps explode on impact. AP can bounce, AP can lack penetration, AP can have too much penetration & velocity, AP can strike too little armour to arm the fuse. I'm surprised it wasn't obvious to you

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,504 battles
3 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

3 hours ago, Mangrey said:

Yes ... lets have Overpene Torpedo .... it is the only thing thats needed since ANY othere  projectile in this game can overpene so why not Torpedos?

mang

but but HE can citadel....why torpedo can not? :)

[POI--]
Players
3,912 posts
5,023 battles
3 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

He explodes on impact, torps explode on impact. AP can bounce, AP can lack penetration, AP can have too much penetration & velocity, AP can strike too little armour to arm the fuse. I'm surprised it wasn't obvious to you

Obviously, they should make AP torpedoes. Torpedoes that bounce if they hit at too steep an angle, that overpent destroyers and swim on and when they hit a broadside, they ignore the torpedo protection.

7 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

Torpedo can citadel. It's why when you eat a torpedo, it's often hard to get the damage healed back. The only reason it is hard to realise is because torpedos always deal full damage, unless mitigated by the torpedo belt.

[HAERT]
Players
2,103 posts

I just had to post some diffiant then a normal boring rant  :D 

mang 

But looking at your past postings, boring rants are all you do, this is no different. You post to troll and little else.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,268 posts
6,795 battles
13 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

It can. Not sure if damage wise - hits on bow / stern still seem to do full dmg, but check the healability.

Take a BB (by far easiest to see as Nelson / Lion / Conqueror, might be relatively easily visible also on Colorado) and get some friend / clanmate / whoever go against you in a RN CL (or Gallant). One single-launch torpedo on the bow or stern - check how much you can repair. One torp midships - check how much you can repair now. They differ, and it looks like the ratio is the same as penetration (bow / stern) and citadel hit (midships), altho I haven't done exact calculations

[F_D]
Alpha Tester
1,194 posts
4,328 battles

mang 

AP bombs have a time delayed fuse. They do not explode on impact but penetrate the weaker deck armour due to inertia and explode inside... Though since AP shells and bombs both have explosive fillers, they could actually both cause fire... :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,857 posts
6,165 battles

Well i took the bait, gj :Smile_honoring:,

you know whats the funny part..... It wouldnt surprise me at all if would be  actually implemented :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this