MrConway

Update 0.7.1 - General Feedback

24 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,120 posts
2,232 battles

Please leave any general feedback about update 0.7.1 here. Should your feedback concern one of the following topics, please leave your feedback in the thread linked below:

As always details and patch noted can be found on our portal.

Players
4 posts

Hello all

Our Midway was just nerfed to tier 8 planes vs tier 10 hakuryu planes. and they got 4 fighters we got 2 

now tier 8 vs tier 10 cannot win.

We got no compensation for this nerf.

We got no retribution for this nerf.

Our Midway is now useless Only Hakuryu will win.

We demand that wargameing gives all Midway players 20.000 gold for compensation of the LOSS of our Midway and the pain and suffering caused by this nerf.

our Midway is now totally useless and cannot win or do any dmg.

THe tier 8 planes are super easy shoot down by even the smallest of AA guns.

on tier 10 this is unacceptable.

Give uss back our Midway in its former tier 10 status or pay retribution for pain and suffering that is all.

• Funny 7

Players
29 posts
1,954 battles
4 minutes ago, GespensterJaeger said:

Midway was nerfed to tier 8 in tier 10 matches and cannot win vs hakuryu tier 10 with 4 squadrons of fighters

We have recived no compensation for this and DEMAND retribution THIS IS A SHITTY MOVE by wargameing what have you done ? YOU killed Midway now its useless

Midway was perfectly win the way it was it was hard to win vs hakuryu with 4 fighters.

Now its impossible they can strafe and do what they want without penaltys we in Midway are bumped down to tier 8 and can do 0 dmg.

seariously DO you wargameing even play this game ? really and NO compensation was made to uss ? we demand 20.000 gold compensation for a ship that we no LONGER can use .

Who is we?

[TASH]
Players
11 posts
7,048 battles

This comment is a comment to WG update in genral. Today I have been updating world of warship yesterday I spent whole day trying to update world of tanks after 15 hours hell I did get it to update. And today I having same problems with world of warships.

What we have now is a game that is so huge that I hope that the developers must think a little before you send out a update ever 2-3 weeks that we the user has to sit and download a 15-20 GIGABYTE update.

This game and most WG games need some sort of system so me as a user can decide if I want to update parts of this game that I most likly never wants.

I hope that the developers can start to think about this.

Thanks.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles
34 minutes ago, alphadec said:

This comment is a comment to WG update in genral. Today I have been updating world of warship yesterday I spent whole day trying to update world of tanks after 15 hours hell I did get it to update. And today I having same problems with world of warships.

What we have now is a game that is so huge that I hope that the developers must think a little before you send out a update ever 2-3 weeks that we the user has to sit and download a 15-20 GIGABYTE update.

This game and most WG games need some sort of system so me as a user can decide if I want to update parts of this game that I most likly never wants.

I hope that the developers can start to think about this.

Thanks.

The update actually only was ~1GB  (in 2 chunks of 550 and 470 MB)

So I am not sure what you are downloading but it sounds like the whole client or the Public Test server.

• Cool 1

[ZPT]
Players
4,370 posts
7,408 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, GespensterJaeger sagte:

tier 8 planes

Only TorpBomber are T8, Fighter are T9 and DiveBomber T10.

10 hakuryu planes. and they got 4 fighters

Only in AS Config, which isnt used that often. In both other Configs Haku has 2 Squads of Fighters.

now tier 8 vs tier 10 cannot win.

It can...L2P

We got no compensation for this nerf.

We got no retribution for this nerf.

For what? its a silvership

Our Midway is now useless Only Hakuryu will win.

As you said, your Midway. But thats not because of this Nerf but because of Lack of Skill. And again L2P

We demand that wargameing gives all Midway players 20.000 gold for compensation of the LOSS of our Midway and the pain and suffering caused by this nerf.

Close your Eyes and you will see what you deserve. And pain and suffering....again L2P

our Midway is now totally useless and cannot win or do any dmg.

Yours yes, mine not...L2P again

THe tier 8 planes are super easy shoot down by even the smallest of AA guns.

Dont fight or hover over enemy flag (l2p) and upgrade the fighter to T9...

on tier 10 this is unacceptable.

agreed

Give uss back our Midway in its former tier 10 status or pay retribution for pain and suffering that is all.

And a last time L2P

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,280 posts
9,504 battles

How about a stable server infrastructure that doesn't DC our CV every two minutes, thus rendering him unable to do anything and giving the enemy CV free reign to do how he pleases?

• Cool 1

Players
3 posts
1,014 battles

Oh for the love of god...
The French navy did very little in WWII, they certainly weren't a major part of any major battle.  Why are we seeing such a big increase to it's ranks?
The Royal Navy however was instrumental in the whole conflict and changed the course of history. the Major naval engagements of WWII in the Atlantic, north and arctic seas were predominantly Royal Navy, US Navy and the German surface fleet/ Uboats.
In the Pacific it was almost exclusively US Navy and the Imperial Japanese Navy. This is getting silly. I'm glad to see that the US navy and the IJN have very full and detailed tech trees, but what about the German tree? What about the Royal Navy?

Instead of branching out to new nations, finish the half completed and long awaited trees you already have! A quick search on your server populations can show that you're not really attracting new players and you're beginning to alienate the players you already have as they lose hope in seeing their nations tree fully finished. We're still missing most of the German line, The British carriers are not present despite them having one of the biggest impact of the war in the Atlantic and now we're seeing nations being added that, quite frankly, didn't get the opportunity, historically to be a significant part of history.

Look, this can be solved quite easily. Your players are reasonable and are willing to wait for their quality goods now that they've sunk alot of money into Dabloons, but patience has limits and frankly, some of the competitor MOBA type games that don't skip out on tech trees are becoming more attractive. My suggestions- take them or leave them, but i think they will be popular...
1/ Stop designing and developing other nations for a while, finish off the trees you already have. listen to your player feedback; put in the ships from history that we want to see. The Enterprise, Bismark and Terpitz are there, how about HMS Arc Royal?

2/ Finish your Carrier rework as we know that's in the offing anyhow. But when you do deploy it, get feedback first and don;t completely overhaul. Changes are fine, but a total rebuild with entirely new mechanics isn't fair to us Carrier players who's sunk 100 hours and $$$ into carriers thus far
3/ Take another crack at matchmaking. Current wait times are about 20 seconds before a match is made. TBH, i wouldn't mind waiting a little longer for a better match. T6 BB's against T8 carriers isn't much fun. Nor is a T7 carrier against T9 cruisers much fun either. If the wait time rose to 40 seconds, but the MM was better, i'd be much happier.

I do hope the Dev's see this, because the word "player-base" is just another word for "customer" and from the look of other threads, the customer is running out of patience.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[TASH]
Players
11 posts
7,048 battles
On 8.2.2018 at 12:48 PM, LilJumpa said:

The update actually only was ~1GB  (in 2 chunks of 550 and 470 MB)

So I am not sure what you are downloading but it sounds like the whole client or the Public Test server.

"What you are downloading..."

There is not many ways todo this u get a update take or leave it.

I have started wows and then it starts to update but it has failed a million times but I guess thats my fault.

But I can give you bit of information about this. the content was not like you claim 2 chuncks of 550mb and 470 mb.

If this update fails it dont download 1gb it then deletes everyhting in the update folder and starts to download all 5 update files in total 18.9GIGA BYTE.

but you can read more about this that seams more then me is having:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/129899-how-to-download-world-of-warships-the-old-way/?do=findComment&comment=3304137

Players
1,129 posts
8,944 battles
On 2/8/2018 at 8:14 PM, Randathamane said:

The Royal Navy however was instrumental in the whole conflict and changed the course of history. the Major naval engagements of WWII in the Atlantic, north and arctic seas were predominantly Royal Navy, US Navy and the German surface fleet/ Uboats.

Yes.

And I've already suggested adding submarines but the idea seemed rather unpopular for some reason, at least with readers of the suggestions thread ;-)))

First I experienced a reset to default controls, which I found rather annoying because it must be really super easy to avoid this kind of thing. Minimal quality assurance really.

But ok, we all make mistakes. Restarting game, resetting controls to my custom keys. I even did a reboot, true to the standard IT Crowd remedy.

But the next thing I noted was I'm no longer able to designate targets - not for my team mates (Ctrl-F3) and not for my Secondaries (Strg-LMB).

It can't be a local issue though because designating planes for my AA batteries still works (Strg-LMB).

I'm playing the English version of the game on a German PC, just in case that makes any difference. Found no fellow players who also experienced that problem. So far I'm the only wittle snowflake. Played only my Gneisenau yet so I can't say if it's ship specific.

Weekend Tester
10 posts

Is the new "bot will detonate you every other shot" a new feature to force us to equip Juliet Charlie flag on coop as well or it's a bug? It is hillarious no matter what.

[-TNP-]
Players
13 posts
7,552 battles

I've noticed 2 issues since the update. first theres been a little bit of lag in private, divison and clan chats. 2nd I'm having a little issue with my log in. mainly the first time i enter my password it doesn't log me in the 2nd time i enter it i log in ok. so nothing major really. other then that everything is running fine.

[SKRUN]
Players
96 posts

I'm curious why cv players didn't get any free xp for the planes that got taken away from the midway? Or are tier 10 planes as cheap to research as tier 9 ones?

Players
83 posts
26,747 battles

I still see ships being tested on the live server. And their characteristics are hidden. On purpose. By playing on the test server the player receives compensation in the form of flags or premium time. But it does not happen on the live server.

This is unacceptable.
This is unsportsmanlike behavior, and I will report each one for unsportsmanlike behavior or bad play. And why only a teammate can be reported as unsportsmanlike behavior, and not an opponent?

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[PUPSI]
Players
6,229 posts
Vor 8 Minuten, lord_darth_vader_bg sagte:

This is unsportsmanlike behavior, and I will report each one for unsportsmanlike behavior or bad play.

THIS is real unsportsmanlike behavior and unacceptable. And 'players' like you with their random, jealous and vicious reports are a reason why those reports don't have any consequences...

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
14,617 posts
10,857 battles

Patch is nice.

Looks like you removed the bug that logged you out from time to time after battle, thank you.

[TRRC]
Players
480 posts

Since this update I have a huge problem of Brightness/Contrast for every Battle or Port I play....! Huge!

I might play in a battle that requires a higher Gamma so I go to Setting and change, but then back to the port it burns your eyes!!

It look as, despite any settings you do, every single Battle, Port, Map needs a different balanc of the Monitor.

Before was a matter of clear weather or grey one, so you could adjust a little, now it looks completely not proportioned  and it's a pain in the [edited]to change every single time...

[666_]
Players
7 posts
5,544 battles

Wish the division window had been reverted. The new one still sucks and there was nothing wrong with the old one. :(

• Cool 1

[TOAST]
Players
1,974 posts
25,610 battles

UI disappeared in port again, then had error message after I had to exit the game.

image.png.83ec8803d8ced040c4a7839478b9d5

Players
266 posts
13,530 battles

I know I am repeating myself but ...  Give us back the old division window, we get angry time we see the current one.

• Cool 2

[BAD-A]
Players
84 posts
14,635 battles

Rowboat - forget it mate as these "&^%$#S" will not listen or do anything about it it sucks, it is how this pack of "interesting personalities" want the game & screw the rest of us.

Keep your hand in your pocket & refuse to play their "macro economy" B.S.......

It is a shame what they are doing to this game, as well as the continued employmentr of some of their "contributors".......

Is Russian, based in an E.U. tax haven..... what else do you expect?

[CR33D]
Players
2,949 posts
14,953 battles

it would be really nice if WG fixed all those annoying bugs instead of pumping new premium ships or adding unnecessary features (like emblems) into the game. i just had to press the [edited]mouse button like 100 times to launch my torpedos. didnt have any lag. my ping was around 30. so fix those r*tarded bugs already!