MrConway

New Port "Marseille"

8 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,732 posts
2,780 battles

Please leave any general feedback about regarding our new "Marseille"  port here.

[BHW]
Players
996 posts
2,620 battles

Thanks for switching my port again WG, just because you felt like it ... NOT !!!!

How many f...ing time do we have to complain that WG should NOT mess around with player settings unless those settings are obsolete ? Every time there is a new port it is automatically made the default after patch. This crap is pissing me off ... Why do you even create them when you switch them around at will and the player choice is basically meaningless ?

Come on WG, just create that red stupid emblem reminder on the port icon when there's a new port and leave the player selection be. Is it so hard ?

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,732 posts
2,780 battles
1 hour ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Thanks for switching my port again WG, just because you felt like it ... NOT !!!!

How many f...ing time do we have to complain that WG should NOT mess around with player settings unless those settings are obsolete ? Every time there is a new port it is automatically made the default after patch. This crap is pissing me off ... Why do you even create them when you switch them around at will and the player choice is basically meaningless ?

Come on WG, just create that red stupid emblem reminder on the port icon when there's a new port and leave the player selection be. Is it so hard ?

Sorry that you dislike our choice here, but we prefer to show off new ports to all players when we introduce them to make sure everyone is actually aware that we did introduce them.

As it takes less than 20 seconds to change the port back every couple of months, we don't consider this to be such an issue.

Thanks for the feedback though.

[BHW]
Players
996 posts
2,620 battles
7 hours ago, MrConway said:

Sorry that you dislike our choice here, but we prefer to show off new ports to all players when we introduce them to make sure everyone is actually aware that we did introduce them.

As it takes less than 20 seconds to change the port back every couple of months, we don't consider this to be such an issue.

Thanks for the feedback though.

Well ... Not that I am against more ports, just that I prefer my choice to remain my choice ...

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,433 battles
1 hour ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Well ... Not that I am against more ports, just that I prefer my choice to remain my choice ...

Can you choose which port you want? Yes you can. Thus it's your choice.

If they didn't make the new ports default - looking at how "great" wast majority of players are at noticing stuff - 99 players out of a 100 wouldn't even know it exists and sooner or later we would get inevitable complaints about "no new ports" despite them being there.

It takes you a few seconds to switch back to the one you want, deal with it

[BHW]
Players
996 posts
2,620 battles
17 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Can you choose which port you want? Yes you can. Thus it's your choice.

If they didn't make the new ports default - looking at how "great" wast majority of players are at noticing stuff - 99 players out of a 100 wouldn't even know it exists and sooner or later we would get inevitable complaints about "no new ports" despite them being there.

It takes you a few seconds to switch back to the one you want, deal with it

Those red emblems are really overlooked ... At least I am ignoring the one on the News section because it is there always ... But that's a problem of their own making ...

Similarly here ... there are at least 2 different options to make you aware of the new port without changing it ... That WG takes the most intrusive method is the problem for me ... Yes I can ignore it, but then I can ignore the whole game and switch to something else ...

Players
2,433 posts
11,419 battles

I like the new port.

The french atmosphere is captured very well, and the city itself as a important (naval) history was a good choice in general.

Look what this former greek colonial city has become.

Really can't say much more about it, i just like the whole port design (even tho i prefer staying in Hamburg :cap_tea:).

One feature would be really nice to have in ports: A day/night/rain toggle feature. Could even be premium-only.

Players
3,288 posts
15,196 battles

The new port is great - nice detail and atmosphere.  *thumbs up*

I will stick with Hamburg though. I'm just a bit smitten with it for some reason!  [If all the emoticons had not disappeared I'd have put a smiley here)

I understand that Wargaming want people to be aware of the new port, and Yes, @MrConway , I get " As it takes less than 20 seconds to change the port back every couple of months, we don't consider this to be such an issue. "

However,  a major rule of good software design is that you preserve user settings. THAT is the issue.  Wargaming have already forced the introduction of a "News" area with all this stuff in for heavens sake. (It plays havoc with my OCD  )

• Cool 1