Sign in to follow this  
MrConway

Vive la France Collection

34 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,150 posts
2,240 battles

Please leave any general feedback about regarding the Vive la France Collection here.

[WCWVE]
Players
773 posts
12,005 battles

Update 0.7.1 has loaded but there are no missions for the Vive La France or the premised special missions for the French Battleships either 

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles
19 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

Update 0.7.1 has loaded but there are no missions for the Vive La France or the premised special missions for the French Battleships either 

Probably bcuz

- The first set starts on 09 February, the second set starts on 16 February.  

and

Each Container will give you the following:

• A chance to get an early French battleship unlock mission!

Reading's a very useful skill to have, you should try to learn it

• Cool 1

[BRAMS]
Players
64 posts
9,608 battles

Eh, he's used to updates landing on Thursdays, while you're right they did announce it all there's no need to be that harsh :)

[BEWBS]
Beta Tester
69 posts
4,395 battles

Anyone else not getting their hits counting for the missions? This was fine this afternoon came back and they did not register.

Appears to have only one battle.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles
11 hours ago, Magecraft said:

Anyone else not getting their hits counting for the missions? This was fine this afternoon came back and they did not register.

Appears to have only one battle.

Log out, log back in. Should have fixed it and display the result correctly :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[-MM]
Players
437 posts
8,435 battles

What is the time limit for the collection? Because I still collect the weeps for the Yamato camo.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles
9 hours ago, ZoidFile said:

What is the time limit for the collection? Because I still collect the weeps for the Yamato camo.

If you're going for those BB missions you can take 13th April as the finishing date for those containers, that's about your time limit for collection then aswell.

And you can do French collection & Yamamoto at the same time

• Cool 1

Players
28 posts
5,223 battles

can you even get collection items from standard containers?

i have not gotten any from my last 7 standard containers. so am i just unlucky or do you only get them from french containers and need to buy them to have a chance to finish the collection?

any other collection dropped items in standard containers as well (once activated) afaik.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles
16 hours ago, khushrenada said:

can you even get collection items from standard containers?

i have not gotten any from my last 7 standard containers. so am i just unlucky or do you only get them from french containers and need to buy them to have a chance to finish the collection?

:fish_palm:

No, you get them from French collection boxes - those 25 that you get from the french collection missions and 8 that you can get from CB, + however many you want to buy in premium shop.

It's clearly stated in the announcement of the collection, guessing you don't read those?

16 hours ago, khushrenada said:

any other collection dropped items in standard containers as well

No, only Yamamotos collection and HSF collection have been doing that, while Bismarks collection, Dukninks collection, North Capes collection 2 years of WoWS collection didn't.

Players
28 posts
5,223 battles
4 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

:fish_palm:

No, you get them from French collection boxes - those 25 that you get from the french collection missions and 8 that you can get from CB, + however many you want to buy in premium shop.

It's clearly stated in the announcement of the collection, guessing you don't read those?

No, only Yamamotos collection and HSF collection have been doing that, while Bismarks collection, Dukninks collection, North Capes collection 2 years of WoWS collection didn't.

I know that i get them from the french containers and yes i have read the announcements, i even checked them again, but there is nowhere stated, that you get the collection items ONLY from the french containers, that is why i asked (Or that part got lost in translation, i don't cross-check announcements in different languages), since we just had 2 collections that dropped items from random containers.

Sorry to have bothered you mr. high and mighty...

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles
6 minutes ago, khushrenada said:

there is nowhere stated, that you get the collection items ONLY from the french containers

Lets see, which list would be shorter - list of where you get them or list of where you don't?

It's stated you get them from french containers - thus you get from french containers. It doesn't say you get (or don't get) them for 1st win of the day, normal container or even your a**. Pretty simple, don't you think?

Players
7 posts
7,372 battles

What a joke is this event !

Opened all containers. Not a single mission for a ship and only 10/18 for the collection so no captain too...

With such stupid events be certain that i will no spend anymore money for your crap and certainly not to buy any shitty useless container! If i don't uninstall it now it's because i have premium days left but after this period your game gonna be out of my PC.

[edited]money graber [edited]off with your useless collections

[TRRC]
Players
480 posts

I've got the Bretagne and I have a question:

Is it the Captain something special as it states "Ensigne of First class..." or , as with Premium ships, I can move a "normal" Captain to the ship for faster training and then move it back?

Txs!

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles
18 hours ago, necrolineage said:

What a joke is this event !

Opened all containers. Not a single mission for a ship and only 10/18 for the collection so no captain too...

With such stupid events be certain that i will no spend anymore money for your crap and certainly not to buy any shitty useless container! If i don't uninstall it now it's because i have premium days left but after this period your game gonna be out of my PC.

[edited]money graber [edited]off with your useless collections

The only joke here is your reading skills. Stop crying and bit**ing aboutwhat you have no clue about

You got the first 12 containers, there is another mission for 13 more, and then there are 2 CB missions -> a easy-to-get one with 3 extra containers and a someone-with-your-reading-skills-won't-get-this-one mission with 5 extra containers

[ARS]
Players
340 posts
4,617 battles

Another issue here is. Some of the mission say "Must be completed in a random or ranked battle" Fine. But there are no ranked battles available. The 10k XP collection mission was allowed on Co-Op at least.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles
4 hours ago, Psusennes said:

But there are no ranked battles available.

And if there were - you could do them in it :fish_palm: It simply lists what battle types you can do it in not the ones that you can do it in that are available right now.

[NUTS]
Players
14 posts

Did all the missions, got all the 25 containers (13+12) and now have not enough to complete the collection.

All the grind is just a vehicle to fix us up to buy the missing stuff in containers. I looked at the store prices: yeah... no. Spending this kind of money on store items doesn't even guarantee a drop, it's just yet another chance for drops. The US forum has examples of people spending money for 100 boxes and  yet getting nothing in return (e.h. no BB mission). This is literally gambling your money away.

This leaves a very bitter aftertaste, especially with the international discussion on the whole lootbox topic going on right now.

Edit: In another forum i heard that some more missions are supposed to be coming.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles
6 hours ago, FoxFerox said:

Did all the missions, got all the 25 containers (13+12) and now have not enough to complete the collection.

Welcome to 27.4% chance to do it with 25 containers.

Also - instead of just complaining start looking at whats said about it, CB gives you +1, then +2 (easily obtainable) and then +5 (if you make it to hurricane) containers, as well as 7.2 will be coming in with more of them.

[BV]
Players
19 posts
7,489 battles

wilkatis_LV, would you be so kind to send link or screenshot of where you can find that confirmation about more upcoming containers for French collection, cause at the moment the only solution I see is to buy them from Premium shop and in quantity 3x to make sure you get missing item after exchange. Very nice approach from Wargaming side, to make us pay even for mission completion!

As for me, that idea with duplicates is total crap. For example, I finished Bismarck collection when it happen 1st time, but now continue to receive duplicates from it, which are useless for me as can`t be exchanged on another collections items.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles
15 minutes ago, VladDik said:

wilkatis_LV, would you be so kind to send link or screenshot of where you can find that confirmation about more upcoming containers for French collection, cause at the moment the only solution I see is to buy them from Premium shop and in quantity 3x to make sure you get missing item after exchange. Very nice approach from Wargaming side, to make us pay even for mission completion!

As for me, that idea with duplicates is total crap. For example, I finished Bismarck collection when it happen 1st time, but now continue to receive duplicates from it, which are useless for me as can`t be exchanged on another collections items.

Play at least one clan battle, then check the "Personal Missions" tab. "Clan v Clan" missions 2nd step gives 1 container, finishing whole mission gives 2 more. "Hurricane" mission gives you 5 containers.

And MrConway said that there are more coming in 7.2

On 2/19/2018 at 1:01 PM, MrConway said:

There will be several more opportunities to collect French containers with update 0.7.2, where you will be able to get them in the campaign, as well as for completing operation Hermes.

You should have no trouble finishing it if you want to!

Also I'm pretty sure if you buy Aigle you can get one daily container or something like that

[BV]
Players
19 posts
7,489 battles

Great, thank you for explanation. Actually I guess that all those clan battles and Aigle are not really related to announced French mission event, so still not sure why we are not getting all expected rewards after it completion. And also I want to try to get Aigle for free, by missions. Its giving me much more fun than spending money :)

[PUPSI]
Players
6,243 posts
Vor 51 Minuten, VladDik sagte:

For example, I finished Bismarck collection when it happen 1st time, but now continue to receive duplicates from it, which are useless for me as can`t be exchanged on another collections items.

that's why you get credits...

[BV]
Players
19 posts
7,489 battles
4 hours ago, Klopirat said:

that's why you get credits...

Sorry, can you clarify please? I receive same containers with same items as previously, and seems they even not summarized as total collection has status Issued. I would spend all duplicates on French collection, but its not allowed...

[PUPSI]
Players
6,243 posts
Vor 16 Minuten, VladDik sagte:

Sorry, can you clarify please? I receive same containers with same items as previously, and seems they even not summarized as total collection has status Issued

you get 15k Credits instead...