You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

MM go home, you're drunk!

36 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
8,356 posts
10,828 battles

So, first I had this lovely and totally balanced MM:

shot-18.02.07_16.57.22-0093.jpg

Enemy gets flat out better DDs, plus two radar ships when we get zero.

And the very next game MM truly shat a brick with this:

shot-18.02.07_17.19.45-0100.jpg

Only 10 ships per team as opposed to the normal 12.

And it isn't exactly fringe hour gaming right now, so what the hell is going on with the MM?

Did some intern spill all his vodka over the servers again?

• Cool 4
  • Boring 3

[_IRN_]
Players
359 posts
10,726 battles

Last one there was probably 1 cv in queue for more than 5 minutes so the MM arranged a match with less restrictions with the ships available at the moment

Players
3,772 posts
7,464 battles
5 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Only 10 ships per team as opposed to the normal 12.

And it isn't exactly fringe hour gaming right now, so what the hell is going on with the MM?

Did some intern spill all his vodka over the servers again?

I guess the T10 CV messed things up.

[MORIA]
Players
109 posts
20,590 battles

Same story in Asia Server;

https://forum.worldofwarships.asia/topic/26370-fix-mm-please/

In NA server;

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/144202-fix-the-dang-matchmaking/

WoT;

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/649903-why-wargaming-will-never-fix-the-matchmaking/

I remember developers saying somewhere that detonation and MM will be two things which will be fixed in 2018. Waiting impatiently. 

[ONIX]
Players
1,217 posts
9,834 battles
2 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

you call that questionable DD matchmaking? cute, look at this:

ByeD2bF.jpg

:Smile-_tongue:

To be fair, a division of 3 Minks will make it hard for MM to adjust to. Other than that, there's nothing wrong with that MM.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles

I mean, in both cases the top-tier ships are +/-1 when compared and the mid-tier + bottom-tier are +/-1 when compared to each other = MM working as intended. Bcuz a tier 8 ship will obviously have identical performance to a t9 ship in a t10 game, how could anyone claim that it won't?!

[TTT]
Players
4,323 posts
7,937 battles
33 minutes ago, Taliesn said:

To be fair, a division of 3 Minks will make it hard for MM to adjust to. Other than that, there's nothing wrong with that MM.

whelp... arguably the matchmaker could at least have given the enemy team T7 DDs as well, and not 3x T8... but ye divisions are usually the "culprit" when things go wonky. And hey, at least it made for a fun screenshot^^

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
34 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

whelp... arguably the matchmaker could at least have given the enemy team T7 DDs as well, and not 3x T8... but ye divisions are usually the "culprit" when things go wonky. And hey, at least it made for a fun screenshot^^

divisions and cv are problem to all MM issues.

Players
1,123 posts
9,204 battles

But let us not forget what kind of matches we had about two years ago. ^^ 

There is obviously still room for improvement because we all have our games where we get unfair matchmaking but luckily these days MM gets it quite right most of the time.

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,063 battles

Division's exploit MM , Gimmicks have never been addressed in MM and the extra DD in domination games is still an issue apart from that MM working as intended and will never be fixed unless you buy 20 huge containers...:cap_money:

• Cool 1

Players
242 posts
7,653 battles

Any game that allows organized groups(divisions,clans ect) to queue up with randoms have major match making issues.

And inb4 the crutch monkeys tell me there is no advantage to being in an organized group vs randoms.

[ONIX]
Players
1,217 posts
9,834 battles
3 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Just for fun I've looked into the stats of all DDs in that game. It's fair to say a division with 3 identical ships (be it 3 Minsks, 3 Scharnhorsts or 3 Shimakazes) doesn't bode well because no good player in his right mind (let alone 3) would do that and well, lets just say the MM did a very good job in actually giving the enemy team like for like in terms of player ability (or lack thereof)

Players
455 posts
9,986 battles

Too bad I did not make screenshots about my cute battles with like -2 tiers for no reason.

Also it was nice to have 0 radar vs. 3 back in ranked.

Stronk russian programmink..

[SCRUB]
Players
1,623 posts
13,723 battles

shot-18_02.08_14_35.40-0801.thumb.jpg.fccb42e9d62fb921349851604f49446c.jpg

This is why i hate T8. 

Literally no point, unless you are grinding. 

You put yourself at a massive disadvantage. And seeing that you pretty much have to carry 9 other players to win its not worth it. 

@MrConway Is there any plans for fixing T8 MM? Alot of player favorites at that tier, but its almost unplayable at this point. I counted 22 T8 games around a week ago and 19 of them was T10 MM, 2 was mid tier and 1 was top tier. IF its gonna stay like this there are alot of T8s that need an overhaul to be competitive with T9 and T10's imo.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,063 battles
21 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

This is why i hate T8. 

You put yourself at a massive disadvantage. And seeing that you pretty much have to carry 9 other players to win its not worth it. 

@MrConway Is there any plans for fixing T8 MM? Alot of player favorites at that tier, but its almost unplayable at this point. I counted 22 T8 games around a week ago and 19 of them was T10 MM, 2 was mid tier and 1 was top tier. IF its gonna stay like this there are alot of T8s that need an overhaul to be competitive with T9 and T10's imo.

They can certainly fix it, in Wowp T8 had its own MM which worked great .

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,682 posts
2,615 battles
On 2/8/2018 at 3:01 PM, MortenTardo said:

This is why i hate T8. 

We're not planning any major overhaul of the matchmaker at the moment. That being said, it is something we constantly monitor and tweak behind the scenes, I'll also make sure to check out the overall statistics to see if there is anything hinky going on.

But it might have just been a case of an unlucky evening.

• Cool 2

[TTT]
Players
4,323 posts
7,937 battles
On 8.2.2018 at 3:01 PM, MortenTardo said:

This is why i hate T8. 

Same for me - as much as I like some of my T8s, premium or not, I can rarely bring myself to play them when I fully expect to end up in T10 matches more often than not. And I know it's exactly the same for many of my Clanmates - it's not that we couldn't deal with being bottom tier, it's just that we all feel like it happens way too often to leave much desire to play many of those ships. Something like a Kutuzov can deal with T10 MM pretty well, but many other ships simply aren't nearly as fun when you are bottom tier in the long-range gameplay that T10 has that just denies you the opportunity to do what your ship is best at most of the time (Bismarck being a prime example).

That goes way beyond "an unlucky evening" - making experienced players actively avoid a certain tier because of how bad its matchmaking is perceived to be can't really be in Wargaming's interest (and that tier also just so happens to be the one with the really expensive Premium ships that should make you a lot of money...). So yeah, it would be much appreciated if you could take a look into things @MrConway - the perception that something is seriously off is definitely there...

• Cool 1

Modder, Supertester
1,247 posts
8,530 battles
8 minutes ago, MrConway said:

We're not planning any major overhaul of the matchmaker at the moment. That being said, it is something we constantly monitor and tweak behind the scenes, I'll also make sure to check out the overall statistics to see if there is anything hinky going on.

There is a saying in our clan apperantly...

Never play T8 between 19:00 and 23:00 because you will just get into TX battles permanently...

If a lot of people feel the same way then there must be something going on...

T8 MM is not really any fun at all atm...

• Cool 1

[F_D]
Alpha Tester
1,194 posts
5,280 battles
43 minutes ago, MrConway said:

My guess is that in MM the class balance rules take precedence to equalizing the tiers. Thus the T8 BB "drags" the rest of the division members along with the MM unable to find appropriate DDs to fit to this. Thus it takes the next best it can to get a decent battle.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,356 posts
10,828 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

So no plans on trying to mirror the numbers and types of radar ships between teams?

• Cool 1

[TH2OW]
Beta Tester
74 posts
4,631 battles

I was in a  division last week in tier 8's and we where the only 8's in the entire game, its a joke.

[DSPA]
Beta Tester
273 posts

You play in a platoon and if it would  be me I would have given you even harsher MM.

I think platoons  should be matched against  platoons of the same caliber( same ships) and if not possible give them harsher mm.

Platoons have the advantage of much better collaboration and communication (and they ruin the balance of mm by placing certain ships) especially DD platoons as opposed to the random average joe that does not team play( 99% of the WOWS players) It doesn't feel nice when you platoon in your 3x Fletcher mode and just rape anyone daring to approach.  Yes you can say : not my problem. BUT IT IS YOU THAT IS CAUSING THE PROBLEM. With your platoon. It feels normal for me for platoons to get harder mm because otherwise  3 man platoons of certain ships will win everything