You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DaveyDent

Detonation

89 comments in this topic

[FAITH]
[FAITH]
Beta Tester
40 posts
11,591 battles

ffs get rid of this crap part of the game !!!

What positive effect can this have?

You don't make money from it, how can this be anything but be negative to a business, by pissing players of.

A part of game that has zero skill involved.

I know it even makes most people feel guilty when they detonate players.

WHY IS IT IN THE GAME !!!!

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

[TTTX]
Weekend Tester
451 posts
15,386 battles

263.221 topics about detonation...

Detonation is good. How you feel when u shot a DD and u see the message "detonation"?

I have 11.500 battles and 93 detonations.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 2

[POI--]
Players
3,892 posts
5,016 battles
14 minutes ago, DaveyDent said:

I know it even makes most people feel guilty when they detonate players.

I'm not exactly sure about that. My reactions range from Schadenfreude to "lol, should've flown Detonation flag" to "Ha, 50k free damage".

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
160 posts
11,936 battles

firstly - it will be changed with coming update

secondly - why it should be removed, it rarely happnes

thirdly - im one of the smaller part community - i like to detonate people

[SM0KE]
Players
2,073 posts
5,843 battles

According to my stats, I have 15 Detonation awards, over 758 random battles - that's less than 1 in 50 battles.

Bear in mind that I suck, royally, so get shot an awful lot more than a competent player would (my survival numbers are atrocious), and I'm still only exploding that few times.

I'd leave it in - it's historical, and not frequent enough to be too much of an issue. Besides which, you can mitigate the chances with flag and/or upgrade.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,984 posts
28 minutes ago, Mandyxx said:

I wonder why?

28 minutes ago, Mandyxx said:

How you feel when u shot a DD and u see the message "detonation"?

Embarrassed by the game thinking I'm and idiot who can't sink the destroyer without the help from RNG...

• Cool 5

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
85 posts
18,227 battles

I doubt they will remove detonation but maybe fix it. In current meta detonation of one magazine is enough to cause an explosion of the entire ship. Maybe they will  (or they could) add such a condition for detonation; two magazines hit at minimum vs. one.

Mitigating DetonationEdit

The chance of detonation can be decreased in three ways:

• Mount Magazine Modifications 1 as the Upgrade for Slot 1. This will decrease the chance of magazine detonation by 70%.
  • Mount the Juliet Charlie signal flag; this will decrease the chance of magazine detonation by 100%. In other words: the magazine will not detonate if this signal is mounted on the ship.
  • Another way to reduce the chance is by armor angling. This tactic consists of pointing the bow of the ship at (or angled towards) towards the enemy. Certain ships can similarly angle point their sterns towards the enemy and prevent detonations as well. Many detonations are caused by presenting the flat side of the ship (aka "sailing broadside") to the enemy; angling a ship will help reduce this possibility. (Angling can also greatly reduce the chance of citadel damage. This is why players will notice when shooting at or aiming at a ship it will turn in or away reducing the angle and ability to detonate and/or hit the citadel.)

Source: Wiki.wargaming.net

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
11,934 battles
1 hour ago, Mandyxx said:

1 hour ago, Skyllon said:

I wonder why?

Because people nowadays are sissies?

• Cool 2

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles

kek at the people saying that it's rare and historical so it's not a problem.

How about we get another nice little historical event, where your guns jam and you need 30 minutes to unjam them?
For literally no reason, 1 in 50 games, one of your turrets stops firing for the rest of the match.

Fun and engaging !

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles
3 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

kek at the people saying that it's rare and historical so it's not a problem.

How about we get another nice little historical event, where your guns jam and you need 30 minutes to unjam them?
For literally no reason, 1 in 50 games, one of your turrets stops firing for the rest of the match.

Fun and engaging !

well then you would know how it is then a CV gets his planes shot down... (no planes to damage) fun and engaging !

mang

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,684 posts
9,234 battles
16 minutes ago, Mangrey said:

well then you would know how it is then a CV gets his planes shot down... (no planes to damage) fun and engaging !

mang

Hrm, yes I do, because I play CV that meets Atlantas, Des Moines and even Kidds in smoke.
Your point being?

Hey, more fun and engaging ideas though!
Planes that fail their landings and crash on a CV's deck, so it has to spend all match cleaning it up and fixing the deck.

AA mistakenly crew not in cover when the main guns fire? The AA crew in the zone around said gun is now wounded.

There are plenty of historical things that can go very wrong on a ship which can lead to permanent incapacitation for the length of a battle.
So why remove almost all but one, then make one class (the most fragile) the most affected by it?
It's nonsensical really.

• Cool 1

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,324 posts
9,088 battles

Its a stupid mechanic that loses you flags, credits, camo and possibly games for no reason whatsoever. It's a little bs if you've paid for them with real cash. In competitive game modes there should never ever be a mechanic like this which holds such large potential to turn the direction of a game. It's ill-thought and poorly implemented. I can understand why they do it in a small sense, but why not then add more random possibilities as suggested by Exocet. Why just detonations?

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
2,073 posts
5,843 battles
24 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Don't we more or less get that with the turret disabled/destroyed thing (ditto torp tubes etc)?

Presumably, I imagine that Detonations generate rather more ire because they're so fatal, so instantly...

This may be partly a newbie-competent player thing: Detonations matter less to me (hopeless newbie), because (besides being rare) they are just one of many ways that I get obliterated effectively instantly. A competent player can manage to weather all manner of explosive abuse, but still get nuked by a single unfortunate ding, making getting Detonated a far more significant event for the better player than it is for me.

Players
15 posts
4,261 battles

Detonation was changed, for sure, today i had 3 detonations, two in bbs and one on DD... Again  wrong move from developers, cant wait for WT naval game.... This is becoming pointless...

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
4 hours ago, Mandyxx said:

Detonation is good. How you feel when u shot a DD and u see the message "detonation"?

Bad. How else should I feel?

It's retarded that I can blow up stuff without any control of it. I want to feel rewarded sinking someone because I outplayed someone, said someone made a mistake and I punished it, or simply put, the ship I was in was stronger or meant to counter the enemy ship. But sinking one "because f*** you that's way" it's the most stupid thing ever.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,984 posts
3 hours ago, Ubertron_X said:

Because people nowadays are sissies?

Nah... Always have been. Only difference is now they can hide behind the screen and pretend they are not. :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
3,577 posts
7,342 battles
1 hour ago, barbabarba said:

Detonation was changed, for sure, today i had 3 detonations, two in bbs and one on DD... Again  wrong move from developers, cant wait for WT naval game.... This is becoming pointless...

I don't see how motorboats are supposed to be "navy"...

[SCRUB]
Players
1,984 posts
3 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

(...)
Fun and engaging !

(...)

I like your idea. Let's make it even more fun and engaging!

Jammed turrets were not that uncommon. When they do, only way to fire effectively is to turn entire ship.

Would make for much more dynamic gameplay with all turrets jammed in various positions... :Smile_teethhappy:

WG, are you listening? You could introduce new flag, you know. -100% to chance of heaving jammed turrets. :Smile_teethhappy:

[4_0_4]
Players
4,343 posts
10,732 battles

Yesterday, my Duke nuked a Atlanta 1:30 Mins in the Match. He shortly popped up and I shot unaimed at him, one shell hit him: Deto. :Smile_trollface:

#NoLuckAllSkill

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles

My only "beef" with the detonation mechanic is that the flags should be given with every detonation. Be it random, Co op, scenario, ranked, clan battles or multiple times per day. 

If you are unlucky enough to donate you should at least get a losers reward. 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
11,934 battles

In a game where RNG is literally all over the place people complain about RNG? Really? How about: "He was full broadside and all I got was lousy over-penetrations, what a stupid mechanic!!1!"

Perhaps we should remove RNG completely for the "should always be able to outplay your opponents" faction and call the game World of Warchess?

And if you are really annoyed, afraid of or just p1ssed by detonations, then use the frakking module. Just don't whine about how it's not 100% chance reduction and that you can't use another module then. Thats the deal when chosing in between modules. You chose one and can't use the other. So if detonations are bothering you as much as to open a topic here then use the frakking module to minimize the risk. Works 70% of the time, all the time.

Real competitive game modes (tournaments and the like) is a different matter and detonations should indeed be removed there, as those modes indeed attempt to focus on skill.

For random games however I am pro detonation for two main reasons:

1) Tension: Nobody should ever feel safe. Not the potatoe player who will die to regular damage sooner than later anyway, nor the super-unicum player that can flawlessly outplay almost any opponent. Every opponent and any source of damage needs to be considered dangerous no matter what.

2) Variety: Detonations is one (not the only) RNG tool to avoid pre-determined outcome in similar situations, which is a big element of game design. A chess grandmaster will probably beat me in 100 of 100 games. A world class poker player may probably only beat me in 99 of 100 games. Why? Because chess is almost 100% pure skill and poker has a fair amount of RNG involved by default. And for WoWs detonations are one way to avoid repeating content as well as a way of providing a "level playing field" where literally everyone can triumph, at least once in a while.

Do I rage a bit when I get detonated out of the blue? Yes, certainly.

Does it still bother me when joining my next game. No, absolutely not.

• Cool 3