You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SkullBreaker007

Latest Compressed Textures Mod?

9 comments in this topic

Question

Players
135 posts
1,146 battles

Hey

I Have a really slow pc unable to run wows i heard there was a cpmpression texture mod but the mod needs to be updated as the same version as the clients. i couldnt find the mod for the latest version of wows. if anyone can help me find it or if there is another mod that can help me please post here

thanks

8 answers to this question

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

The compression mod is part of the official WG Modpack

You can download it here :

Just skip all the other mods if you don't need them, the compression is in the last column

mp.thumb.PNG.76be232f69d589e656a4102cd135d55c.PNG

Please be sure to only download mods from the official mod section of this forum.

Those are approved by WG.

Mods from other sources are not supported and could lead to unwanted complications and even a ban, since WG is right in the middle of restructuring their allowed mods.

Players
135 posts
1,146 battles
4 hours ago, LilJumpa said:

The compression mod is part of the official WG Modpack

You can download it here :

Just skip all the other mods if you don't need them, the compression is in the last column

mp.thumb.PNG.76be232f69d589e656a4102cd135d55c.PNG

Please be sure to only download mods from the official mod section of this forum.

Those are approved by WG.

Mods from other sources are not supported and could lead to unwanted complications and even a ban, since WG is right in the middle of restructuring their allowed mods.

Thanks alot

Will the mod be updated on the same page that you sent the link for as the game version updates?

Also Now if the game updates from 0.7.0.2 to a newer version, will this modpack still work if not do i have to delete the compressed textures,how?

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles
50 minutes ago, SkullBreaker007 said:

Thanks alot

Will the mod be updated on the same page that you sent the link for as the game version updates?

Also Now if the game updates from 0.7.0.2 to a newer version, will this modpack still work if not do i have to delete the compressed textures,how?

Yes, the updated mod will be linked in the same thread as soon it is updated.

It depends were the files are located which you had to download (the compressed texture files)

There is a designated folder named res_mods in the main wows Folder for modificated files.

Every patch creates a subfolder there with the patch number. And only the files located in the correct patch folder are used by the game.

So you either:

1.) have to wait untill the modpack updates and install it again

2. Try to copy the files into the correct patch folder <<---------- this is something you can try but is usually not recommended, because some things could have been changed in the gamefiles. Do that at your own risk

Players
135 posts
1,146 battles
15 hours ago, LilJumpa said:

Yes, the updated mod will be linked in the same thread as soon it is updated.

It depends were the files are located which you had to download (the compressed texture files)

There is a designated folder named res_mods in the main wows Folder for modificated files.

Every patch creates a subfolder there with the patch number. And only the files located in the correct patch folder are used by the game.

So you either:

1.) have to wait untill the modpack updates and install it again

2. Try to copy the files into the correct patch folder <<---------- this is something you can try but is usually not recommended, because some things could have been changed in the gamefiles. Do that at your own risk

Nice so when 0.7.0.3 comes out I have to delete the previous mod pack installer and install the updated one then install the compressed texture files again.

Should I delete the previous patches compressed textures?

Also I didnt notice a big difference in 50% and 25% is there any in terms of visuals?

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles
4 minutes ago, SkullBreaker007 said:

Nice so when 0.7.0.3 comes out I have to delete the previous mod pack installer and install the updated one then install the compressed texture files again.

Should I delete the previous patches compressed textures?

Also I didnt notice a big difference in 50% and 25% is there any in terms of visuals?

Since I don't use this I cannot tell you. But by logic you should notice the game running smoother, especially when ships are rendered or there are many battle effects on your screen.

If you download the updated modpack it gives you the option to remove all previous mods. So you can do that and your res_mods folder will be cleared anyway.

Where are the downloaded compressed files located? 

Players
135 posts
1,146 battles
1 hour ago, LilJumpa said:

Since I don't use this I cannot tell you. But by logic you should notice the game running smoother, especially when ships are rendered or there are many battle effects on your screen.

If you download the updated modpack it gives you the option to remove all previous mods. So you can do that and your res_mods folder will be cleared anyway.

Where are the downloaded compressed files located? 

hey thanks alot for your support one last question

the link you sent seems to be old its last mod update was on august 2016 and the mod launvher is on version 0.7.0.2 but now my game is on 0.7.1.0 and i cant use the mods also the mod launcher hasnt been updated, isnt there anywhere else i can find the latest version?

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles
4 minutes ago, SkullBreaker007 said:

hey thanks alot for your support one last question

the link you sent seems to be old its last mod update was on august 2016 and the mod launvher is on version 0.7.0.2 but now my game is on 0.7.1.0 and i cant use the mods also the mod launcher hasnt been updated, isnt there anywhere else i can find the latest version?

The patch just hit today. You have to give the people making the mods some time to do the necessary changes. A little patience please.

If the guy making the compression mod doesn't update it can't be added to the modpack. I have not seen this mod as a standalone on the official forums since patch 0.6.2

If you look at the mod section you will see the version number of the mods in the title as indication when they are updated. The updated link is usually in the first post.

mod.thumb.PNG.7f7d6e787653bacd1d4b828dd9ea1ee4.PNG

Players
135 posts
1,146 battles
42 minutes ago, LilJumpa said:

The patch just hit today. You have to give the people making the mods some time to do the necessary changes. A little patience please.

If the guy making the compression mod doesn't update it can't be added to the modpack. I have not seen this mod as a standalone on the official forums since patch 0.6.2

If you look at the mod section you will see the version number of the mods in the title as indication when they are updated. The updated link is usually in the first post.

mod.thumb.PNG.7f7d6e787653bacd1d4b828dd9ea1ee4.PNG

Hey thanks

i see aslain has updated his mod what is the name of the mod you sent me and will it be updated to the game clients latest version. If so do you have any kind of idea when?

thanks mate for the help