Pikkozoikum

Zao - captain skills in clan battle

11 comments in this topic

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,928 posts
7,249 battles

Hey, what captainskills would you recommend or is the meta for the Zao with a 19 points captain?  I struggle with the last 3 points and everyhting is so situation related. Also I saw only versions for random battles with aa, but CB has no CV

MMASKs suggestion:

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1100000000100010000001110000000119

Affeks suggestion:

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0010100000100010010001100000000119

My suggestion:

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1010000010100010000000100000001119

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1110100000100010000000100000001119  (trying this one, because my guns break sometimes)

Many don't take Priorty Target, but I just need the information, if someone aims at me, or not. In Clan battles I generally flank the Enemy, and it happend often, that people didn't aimed at me. I use Radio Location, that helps me a lot for flanking, because I get information, if someone is on my side, or not. For Radio and Concelment Expert I needed points, so one of the 3 Point skills  had to go. So I didn't take SI, because I rarly use all my consumables. Also I use Yamamoto, so there is a chance to get one more of all consumables :D

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
157 posts
8,746 battles

PT, EM, AR, DE, SI, CE. That's cruiser's basic 15.

On my Zao, last 4 are in manual AA, will respec - some people even claiming RPF is workable on Zao.

Otherwise, Vigilance + preventive maintenance.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,928 posts
7,249 battles
17 minutes ago, MMASK said:

PT, EM, AR, DE, SI, CE. That's cruiser's basic 15.

On my Zao, last 4 are in manual AA, will respec - some people even claiming RPF is workable on Zao.

Otherwise, Vigilance + preventive maintenance.

That was my idea as well, but instead of PM -> Expert Loader, so you can flank enemies and swap fast to AP to give a broadside.

ps.: Hmm yes RPf instaead of Vigil and Expert Loader could be also nice... But that's what I mean, I struggle with the last points

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,928 posts
7,249 battles
4 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Manual AA will be of no use for Clan Battles as no CV’s?

Yes, I mentioned that in the first post :cap_haloween:

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,927 posts
7,915 battles

Expert Loader is a must. You cant go into CW in a cruiser and not use EL. Learn to use it and youll see that you can snapshot so many cruisers or even BBs at times. Also direction centre helps a lot when using both spotter and fighter plane. Especially usefull for Zao since she doesnt have radar or a good Hydro likr hburg

This is the build Id use most of the time, switching out Direction centre and Survivability Expert for RPF if we only have 1 DD or only 1 radar cruiser.

Before anyone starts crying over SE its actually very good. Zao has very good stealth, but low HP. Meaning SE actually equals almost 9% more base HP, might not sound like much, but that extra HP can be the difference in some engagements during CW. The job of Cruisers in CW is staying alive so I dont mind picking this skill in CW. That 9% extra HP can often let you survive that extra second or two before slipping into stealth.

PM is more or less a waste in CW, sub 10 KM is not Zaos favored engagement range VS. Any cruiser or BB in CW. You should only face DDs at that range and they cant shoot out your turrets either. Also torpedoes arent really that usefull in CW for Zao. So no reason in getting PM for those either.

Vigilance is close to useless for me. In CW you use Hydro 100% of the games and should have it off cooldown when needed. Anyways the impact it has is often minimal and since Zao is a roaming cruiser youre not going to be the main target for enemy DDs either. Thay will much more likely want to torp the static Cruisers or other DDs. Remember the main counterplay against torps is dodging them BEFORE they are even launched. If you manage speed and sailing direction to dodge enemy long range artillery fire like a roaming cruiser should do anyways, you will already be very hard to land torps on anyway.

Priority target is also kind lf a waste, if youre spotted you should know whether or not you are heavily targeted. It has some use like for example knowing when a DD is targeting you, but even that is super situational and unreliable. looking at my previous point it should not happen anyways.

• Cool 2

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,928 posts
7,249 battles

I edited the first post. Maybe some people are interested in different builds

Beta Tester
4,524 posts
19,238 battles

I would go CE and RPF, SI and Vigilence (you may have to fight a DD when flanking), EM and AR, which leaves only one tier 1 skill of your choice, probably PT or IFA.

Players
587 posts
5,313 battles

I've been finding RPF worthwhile for clan battles. I respec out of it when clan battles aren't on.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,729 posts
6,123 battles

My Clan Wars Zao spec:-

PT, EL, DCCA, EM, AR, DE, CE, RPF, 18 pnts - final point will be PM 

cheers

Phil