Pikkozoikum

5% speed module

5 comments in this topic

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,699 posts
6,208 battles

Not sure about the english name, but there is a 5% speed module for 3 million credits... is this bugged? I wanted to try that, but my planes have still the same speed. Even if I look at the knots in battle.

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,429 posts
11,414 battles

Actually, nobody uses this module ( +15% to attack aircraft survivability is much better) so if it's bugged, nobody realized it before you :D

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,699 posts
6,208 battles
40 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Actually, nobody uses this module ( +15% to attack aircraft survivability is much better) so if it's bugged, nobody realized it before you :D

I just wanted to try it out, because speed is still a good value. When you can pick the dog fights and strafes  etc. IJN Fighter would have 184 knots wiht module, while US without would have 169.

Also we all know about all the hidden mechanics, and Idk, maybe that module has one? Or something cool happens, when fighters fly with 184 knots. Who knows. Well it seems to have a hidden mechanic. It doesn't work. Or it doesn't show, that it works. ^^

Also is the question, if Bombers are faster at a target and faster away. They would stay for a shorter time in aa. And if I understand it correctly, it's about chances over time how aa works. So it could be better to get out of an aa radius as fast as possible.

[MIRAI]
Players
122 posts
7,437 battles

I made a comparison just a few days ago. It turned out that this module is not really worth using.

REASONING:

1) 15% more HP on bombers is more valuable than 5% speed. 15% more HP adds so much to your planes' survival chance that "getting in and out of an AA bubble of an enemy ship 5% faster" can not even be compared. If the bonus were 10%, then we could talk about it.

2) 5% bonus is not that high on paper. It would take you 28,5 seconds to reach somewhere that you'd reach in 30 seconds without the module.

3) 5% speed is still not enough for fighters to catch up to empty dive bombers

The only benefit of this would be either outrunning enemy fighters or catching them as they're escaping. I'd try this if i was only doing some competitive mode where my dmg potential would be very low. But in randoms, HP in your damage dealing planes is extremely more valuable.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,699 posts
6,208 battles
2 hours ago, Fubucky said:

I made a comparison just a few days ago. It turned out that this module is not really worth using.

REASONING:

1) 15% more HP on bombers is more valuable than 5% speed. 15% more HP adds so much to your planes' survival chance that "getting in and out of an AA bubble of an enemy ship 5% faster" can not even be compared. If the bonus were 10%, then we could talk about it.

2) 5% bonus is not that high on paper. It would take you 28,5 seconds to reach somewhere that you'd reach in 30 seconds without the module.

3) 5% speed is still not enough for fighters to catch up to empty dive bombers

The only benefit of this would be either outrunning enemy fighters or catching them as they're escaping. I'd try this if i was only doing some competitive mode where my dmg potential would be very low. But in randoms, HP in your damage dealing planes is extremely more valuable.

That's the point, I often could not get enemy fighters, they were just faster than me. Once I tryed it out, and I followed the enemy fighters until I was above the enemy ships. I'm playing Taiho, enemy Essex. It's hard to deal with US fighters, so a speed advantage could help a lot. So I would try that module out, but since it doesn't display the speed buff in the statistic I'm not sure, if this works as intented. Also when I equipped it, it doesn'T felt like more speed

I have often more trouble with US fighters, than with sustain of my planes. 15% HP has not much effect against AA monsters. And against aa weak ships you will lose two planes instead of one? :D