You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
L8viathan

AP Bombs Are OP

145 comments in this topic

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
85 posts
18,220 battles

[Edited the Title as " AP Bombs are Imbalanced" -->Thx to Commander_Cornflakes" for the correction]

AP Bombs are imbalanced. I know there have been threads about this but felt like reissuing the problem. Game starts, at only 2 minutes passed ( at 17-18 minutes)  enemy Essex drops two AP Bombs and my Tirpitz with 69300 full health just goes into the ocean bed. Is this buff the solution found for "weak" CVs? I don't see the fun here. If this is the case, the whole German BB line can be removed. Because there is no point having one if you can't even start playing. I personally don't play German BB line that often and could care less, but there are many players that do and this is not fair to them. Everyone is talking about how OP Conqueror is but missing these AP bombs. Also, please let's not discuss the AP bombs do not always make dev strike , put a deto flag to a BB, bla bla etc. I have seen in many other games how Bismarcks or Tirpitzs get either rekt at the beginning of the game or lose 35-40K health instantly. This is broken. As broken as GZ. Breaking something else while trying to fix one is not a solution. Please enlighten if there has been a WG statement previously that they will fix this issue within 2018 which i may have missed. If not, well, sorry for German BB players.  

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Alpha Tester, Players
5,134 posts
2 minutes ago, L8viathan said:

Are you trolling me? Tell me a counter strat for AP bombs, i wanna hear

ez dont play germans

• Cool 2
  • Funny 8
  • Bad 2

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
85 posts
18,220 battles
Just now, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

ez dont play germans

Yep, it seems like that's what it comes down to. 

• Funny 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,413 posts
13,825 battles
3 minutes ago, L8viathan said:

Are you trolling me? Tell me a counter strat for AP bombs, i wanna hear.

Seek AA protection.

Also at high tiers AP bombs suck against anything but most T10 cruisers, Bismarck, Tirpitz and FdG.

• Bad 2

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
85 posts
18,220 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

Seek AA protection.

Also at high tiers AP bombs suck against anything but most T10 cruisers, Bismarck, Tirpitz and FdG.

I was close our Cv and his fighters engaged the bombers and i still got bombed to death. The best solution is to stop playing German BBs. Even if you don't get rekt to death every cv game you will be crippled so much all of a sudden and game will not be fun anymore.  

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,694 posts
10,879 battles
13 minutes ago, L8viathan said:

Are you trolling me? Tell me a counter strat for AP bombs, i wanna hear.

If you cannot find one yourself, get bombed.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 6

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
85 posts
18,220 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Very genuine and interesting strat, ty for your contribution to the thread.  

• Cool 2

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,076 posts
6,718 battles

Stop playing german BBs. There are more than enough Bismarck spamming in the server anyway.

• Cool 1

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Thank you. Really. Your wisdom will save all of us in the many battles to come.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
1,648 posts
12,113 battles

AP bombs are AP

ftfy

I hate the slim drop circle so much, I think any CV player who kills a ship with it totally deserves that juicy xp. Easiest counter: change course. Unless you are stationary, in which case you are probably doing something wrong in the first place.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,413 posts
13,825 battles
13 minutes ago, L8viathan said:

I was close our Cv and his fighters engaged the bombers and i still got bombed to death.

Then your CV has misplayed and you're paying the price for it.

Which is fine because this is a team game.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
85 posts
18,220 battles
6 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Then your CV has misplayed and you're paying the price for it.

Which is fine because this is a team game.

Misplay? Maybe but two bombs sinking a full health BB is still broken. In this example i was close to him and still got rekt but it could have been another German BB far from the cv. Then what? A cv cannot control the whole map, you know.The solution is designers to change their mindset of breaking one while fixing one and presenting it as a solution to the community. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,413 posts
13,825 battles
Just now, L8viathan said:

Then what?

Then the BB gets killed because he is out of position.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
14,694 posts
10,879 battles

Maybe some players should change their mindset that there is nothing that they can do and just give up.

If they at least tried, they probably would find a solution after some trial&error.

But who just gives up does not deserve better.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
85 posts
18,220 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Then the BB gets killed because he is out of position.

Let's say there are three German BBs spawned in different caps. For them to be "In Position", i think you meant being close to the cv or to his fighters. All game long the cv will try to protect these three BBs because the game mechanics are re-designed in such a way that these BBs are vulnerable to two bombs. Not even mentioning torps. Still sounds broken to me rather then a mis-position or misplay.

• Cool 1

[-FF-]
Players
609 posts
5,414 battles
5 minutes ago, L8viathan said:

Misplay? Maybe but two bombs sinking a full health BB is still broken. In this example i was close to him and still got rekt but it could have been another German BB far from the cv. Then what? The solution is designers to change their mindset of breaking one while fixing one and presenting it as a solution to the community. 

Then what? Nerf torpedo bombers because they have the capacity to kill DDs instantly?

Stop talking non-sense.

You're sailing in a german BB, you're vulnerable to AP bombs. Stick close to AA support if your CV does not provide AA cover.

There always have been ships capable of deleting others in one salvo/drop etc.

The fact that this time battleships are concerned make not the opposition being OP imo.

• Cool 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,413 posts
13,825 battles
Just now, L8viathan said:

i think you meant being close to the cv or to his fighters.

AA cruisers are capable of wiping out entire strikes and then some easily on their own.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
85 posts
18,220 battles
15 minutes ago, deadly_if_swallowed said:

AP bombs are AP

ftfy

I hate the slim drop circle so much, I think any CV player who kills a ship with it totally deserves that juicy xp. Easiest counter: change course. Unless you are stationary, in which case you are probably doing something wrong in the first place.

I was full speed turning around not to get into that elongated yellow bomb circle...So i wasn't stationary and i wasn't doing anything wrong in that sense.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
85 posts
18,220 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

AA cruisers are capable of wiping out entire strikes and then some easily on their own.

Yes, they are. But you need to be lucky enough to be spawned next to them in order not to get bombed in first 3 minutes. But still, how logical and viable solution is it to force a German BB sail all the time next to an AA cruiser or keep announcing Provide AA Support to the CV? I got your point but these are just remedies not permanent solutions, because they broke the German BBs with these AP bombs.  

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,413 posts
13,825 battles
3 minutes ago, L8viathan said:

But you need to be lucky enough to be spawned next to them in order not to get bombed in first 3 minutes.

A problem with BB overpopulation, which you're helping to exacerbate by playing BBs. Has nothing to do with CVs nor AP bombs.

Although if sailing next to an AA cruiser is not an option sailing next to your fellow BBs certainly is.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[4_0_4]
Players
4,336 posts
10,731 battles

Land of Fire: A Bismarck spawned alone below the A cap with the rest of the team spawning near to B and C.

The allied CV went ahead to spot B and C, since thats the direction the team wanted to go, ca. 3 mins into the match, the Bismarck was the first blood for the enemy Essex, despite him crawling on the map border in order to get back to the rest of his team. That poor fellow did nothing wrong, but atleast he wasn`t salty about his fate.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,694 posts
10,879 battles
8 minutes ago, L8viathan said:

...But still, how logical and viable solution is it to force a German BB sail all the time next to an AA cruiser or keep announcing Provide AA Support to the CV? I got your point but these are just remedies not permanent solutions, because they broke the German BBs with these AP bombs.  

There was a time this was a standard tactic for IJN BB...

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,413 posts
13,825 battles
1 minute ago, Zemeritt said:

Land of Fire: A Bismarck spawned alone below the A cap with the rest of the team spawning near to B and C.

Which is a problem with the stupid spawn points.

You can hardly tell me that that spawn is useful in any way even when there aren't CVs in a game.

• Bad 1