You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ColonelPete

Poll: Ship Class for Stalingrad & Kronshtadt

Poll: Ship Class for Stalingrad & Kronshtadt  

101 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. In what class and konfiguraton should Kronshtadt be added to the game

• Cruiser with 305mm guns
    • Cruiser with 380mm guns
    • Battleship with 305mm guns
    • Battleship with 380mm guns
  2. 2. In what class should Stalingrad be added to the game

• Cruiser
    • Battleship

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/23/2018 at 07:32 PM

66 comments in this topic

[CATS]
Players
17,807 posts
11,758 battles

WG is planning to add two new high tier ships to the game.

• Kronshtadt
  • Stalingrad

Many players wonder which ship types these ships should get. I am interested to know what the community thinks. Maybe this could influence WGs view on the matter. @MrConway  @Sehales

Thank You

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles

I mean,  they are battlecruisers aren't they? Some are classified as BBs, some (or is it just Graf Spee right now?) as CAs - bcuz we don't have battlecruisers separated out.

With 305s at tiers 9 and 10 - I'd definitely call them cruisers. With 380s - well, if they have enough of them... (I do think France could have been interesting with 12x or even 16x 380s :cap_haloween:) Like, 6 - cruiser, 8...9 - questionable (fits both), 10 or more - BBs

Thing is, you can still play them like BBs while benefiting from cruiser stuff like reduced fire duration.

Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles

If these are the choices then I guess as cruisers. Honestly though I'd much prefer getting them as battlecruisers and they should be a separate class.

Players
946 posts
5,981 battles
7 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

They will not add a Battlecruiser class to the game.

Is there any evidence behind this statement or is it just your feeling?

[CATS]
Players
17,807 posts
11,758 battles
  • They never talked about it
  • We have BC in game since the beginning of the game
  • Players have suggested the introduction of a BC class since their introduction to the game

[4_0_4]
Players
5,458 posts
11,647 battles
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • They never talked about
  • We have BC in game since the beginning of the game
  • Players have suggested the introduction of a BC class since their introduction to the game

Just because they never talked about it rules it out?

BC are in the BB line since there weren`t enough BCs to fill an entire line so far. Also it`s almost just the IJN with the BCs in ther BB-line.

Players have suggested many things WG doesn`t care about.

:cap_wander: Sorry, but those arguments are rather weak.

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
11 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

Just because they never talked about it rules it out?

BC are in the BB line since there weren`t enough BCs to fill an entire line so far. Also it`s almost just the IJN with the BCs in ther BB-line.

Players have suggested many things WG doesn`t care about.

:cap_wander: Sorry, but those arguments are rather weak.

too many lines to implement for now. at least will not be seen for a year or two. after a year they may start to think about it.

[4_0_4]
Players
5,458 posts
11,647 battles
6 minutes ago, robihr said:

too many lines to implement for now. at least will not be seen for a year or two. after a year they may start to think about it.

I believe it`s not about adding an entire line to the game, then rather creating a new class in the game: Battlecruisers.

[DREAD]
Players
463 posts

It is more, that Japan does not have enough Battleship classes to fill their techtree, which is, why they have of their 7 BBs 3 battlecruisers.

Germany and Great Britain are the only nations, which should have a BC tree, and they can easily fill up to Tier 7 with WW1 vessels, and after that there are some later proposals for the last three tiers, or, crosslinking them to BBs.

Yet both lines don't feature a single battlecruiser, with only Hood existing as a Premium.

Personally, I think there is no need for an additional ship class. They played in terms of size and armament in the same league as BBs , and were considered equal during the naval treaties. By keeping them as BB we would prevent a massive cluster [edited]of breaking up the japanese techtree.

The BCs would give you choices. Do you want the fast, heavy armed, but glas skinned british? The German fast, tough but not that impressivly armed kinds? Or do you want to stick usually with the more conventional dreadnoughts. Good armored, firepower, but relativly slow.

Especially for the Low-Tiers BCs would give the game much more depths. And wouldn't make BB Gameplay so boring. Even the Von der Tann, the first german BC made up to 27,75 knots, which would be quite significant for tier 3...

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
8 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

I believe it`s not about adding an entire line to the game, then rather creating a new class in the game: Battlecruisers.

if they make separate class, then they will need to adjust/replace battlecruisers that exist in released BB lines. that is why this work can be only done after they finish all planed lines.

[4_0_4]
Players
5,458 posts
11,647 battles
11 minutes ago, robihr said:

if they make separate class, then they will need to adjust/replace battlecruisers that exist in released BB lines. that is why this work can be only done after they finish all planed lines.

Do they? Why can`t a BB-line contain also BCs for the time being? Until they`ve entire BC-lines they can still let them be in the BB-lines, until they are moved over to the BC-lines, when they`re released eventually.

And showing the players, that some of their ships are not the "typical" BB could improve the playerbase on some of thise ships, although I doubt that. :Smile_hiding:

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
24 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

Do they? Why can`t a BB-line contain also BCs for the time being? Until they`ve entire BC-lines they can still let them be in the BB-lines, until they are moved over to the BC-lines, when they`re released eventually.

And showing the players, that some of their ships are not the "typical" BB could improve the playerbase on some of thise ships, although I doubt that. :Smile_hiding:

and what would you gain with distinction between BC and BB? they would all still be inside BB line and would just confuse players. btw tell me what nations can have full BC lines with full BB lines without relying on paper ships?

[4_0_4]
Players
5,458 posts
11,647 battles
1 minute ago, robihr said:

and what would you gain with distinction between BC and BB? they would all still be inside BB line and would just confuse players.

Just as the Kronhstadt and Stalingrad will confuse them because they`re labeled as cruisers? Despite having more HP then some BBs?

It would show the players, that these ships, despite having BB caliber guns, don`t have BB armour.

3 minutes ago, robihr said:

btw tell me what nations can have full BC lines with full BB lines without relying on paper ships?

Do we have a lines in game without paper ships? The only lines I can think of are the IJN DDs and the US CV line. All other lines have atleast one paper ship in it.

• Cool 1

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
21 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

Do we have a lines in game without paper ships? The only lines I can think of are the IJN DDs and the US CV line. All other lines have atleast one paper ship in it.

and that is exactly my point. they are already having trouble with 4 lines and you want to add another line. you would need so much paper to make BB line and BC lines viable. idk if you could get full BB and BC lines even with all paper designs...

[DREAD]
Players
463 posts

Well, at least German and British BB lines, which are those nations mostly asked here to get a BC tree, would remain the same, since they don't have a single battlecruiser.

And since those were the nations with the most ambitionous BC programm, why not giving them a second BB tree. For example Germany lacks in exchange the CV tree... And then other nations, like USA lack the BC tree. Aside from some premiums. Graf Zeppelin for the Germans, and Alaska, and Constellation for the USA.

[HEAT]
Players
1,118 posts
32,595 battles

The answer is simple:-

They are Cruisers. Why? Cuz they don't have Battleship armor. Period.

Also what's the difference between 305mm BB guns? And 305mm CA guns? They are both 305mm, right? :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,927 posts
7,915 battles

Cant we go back to calling these ships CBs/Large cruisers so we can have an own designation for these intermediary Battlecruiser heavy cruiser hybrids.

It seems people cant handle it when they either see a cruiser with a lot of HP or a battleship with 12" guns for that matter... from what Ive seen on the facebook comments and forums it seems peoples head explode when they saw that 80k health pool on Kronny

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,049 posts
15,721 battles
2 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Make them cruisers so nobody cries about battleships with Hydro/Def-AA/Radar :Smile_trollface:

On a more serious note, I bet this really was their entire thinking behind it.

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Players
1,417 posts
10,918 battles

Generally, it does not matter if only WG finally fixes that goddamn matchmaker. Difference between battlecruiser and battleship is similar to that between torp ninja DD and a gunboat DD. If matchmaker will put big Soviet boat vs another big Soviet boat it is completely irrelevant whether we call it BB or CA. 

Details like "fire duration" or percentage taken by citadel hit can be tuned independently of the nominal ship class. 

We need games with equal numbers (and equal tiers!) of gunboat DD, stealth DD, radar ships, hydro ships, light fast BB, heavy BB etc.

2 tier spread is [edited], 1 tier is max sane value. Also ships which are single in their class in the game (single CV, single DD, single BB/CA even) need additional skill equalizing (win rate and number of games), to avoid ruined games where some unicum full-premium-triplediv-godlike CV/DD crashes some stock 30%wr 10-game potato along with his 11 poor "teammates". 

If this is solved you can call the Stalingrad (btw, good job WG: another boat named after a communist - this time Premium: The Boss...) even a submarine. :cap_cool:

Players
2,829 posts
16,677 battles
11 hours ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

We need battlecruisers to be differenced as their own class.

but this  can only happen if we have enough of them in game to make MM work so you need to place them as something  till you flip the switch