You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
viceadmiral123

Removing premium ships from client - from 47 down to 15?

20 comments in this topic

Players
923 posts
15,765 battles

The new patch notes say that only 15 premium ships will be available in the client, down from 47 currently available for doubloons.

Why is this necessary?

Will those ships be released in the client again?

Thanks.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,263 posts
13,342 battles

Why is this necessary? To make purchase of them easier for everyone, by placing them in Premium Shop. Obviously. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
7,592 posts
9,336 battles

Also there is a possibility WG sales department got disturbed with amount of players who bought premboats with doubloons farmed from Supercrates over the year:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,380 posts
Vor 47 Minuten, viceadmiral123 sagte:

The new patch notes say that only 15 premium ships will be available in the client, down from 47 currently available for doubloons.

and it was already announced in the previous patch notes for 0.7.0. ...

Vor 46 Minuten, viceadmiral123 sagte:

Will those ships be released in the client again?

Zitat

From time to time, other Premium Ships will become available for purchase through various methods.

[BYOB]
Players
3,801 posts
15,400 battles

The upcoming changes were discussed here:

In short, it's most likely a ploy to create pressure by offering overpriced limited time bundles.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
357 posts
14,424 battles

This makes room for additional premiums to arrive for sale.  Just like Nike taking last years' shoes off the shelves.  No big conspiracy needed here.

Az

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,801 posts
15,400 battles
30 minutes ago, Azrael_Ashemdion said:

This makes room for additional premiums to arrive for sale.  Just like Nike taking last years' shoes off the shelves.  No big conspiracy needed here.

Az

Then why are they removing all low tier premiums? Those ships are collectors items and don't compete with anyone.

People buy ships like the Mikasa or the Aurora not because of the extra XP or silver bonus, but because those ships are part of living history.

And the comparison with shoes is a complete miss, digital goods don't suffer from wear and tear. And from all the premiums not a single announced one is a replacement for an old premium.

[TIPC]
Players
409 posts
18,173 battles
2 hours ago, Panocek said:

Also there is a possibility WG sales department got disturbed with amount of players who bought premboats with doubloons farmed from Supercrates over the year:Smile_hiding:

this is the corect answer all the other are just excuses

Players
535 posts
6,957 battles

less premiums = less potato with 3 skill cpt on T8 ship  - so it's a good move, thx WG ..

I know that they do that so they can sell them in bundle with 15 staff you don't need for like 7x more money BUT less premium = less clues players ,, and yup WG could you bundle at least 10/12pt cpt. - that would actually make sense a lot more than some flags and dublon and ect..

• Boring 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,801 posts
15,400 battles
1 hour ago, Cime said:

less premiums = less potato with 3 skill cpt on T8 ship  - so it's a good move, thx WG ..

What's hilarious is that you're wrong.

They are keeping the T8 in, just look at the list, most ships are either T8 or T7. What they are removing are all of those lower tier premiums that are either fun to play or interesting.

So that 3p potato playing border camp sniper in the Derptiz will still be a thing.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[MORIA]
Players
117 posts
23,212 battles
8 hours ago, Azrael_Ashemdion said:

Az

Exactly for this reason. At least three-four new premiums are on the way. Besides, those prems will be available periodically. They are not being removed permanently. So I can’t understand the fuss.  The ones who think some prem ships should not be “periodically” removed, why didn’t you buy them until now? If you chose not to buy them, why do you fuss about them?

[SCRUB]
Players
3,423 posts
9,203 battles

wg will offer prem ships via packages probably, depending on the player meta.

is a way to refresh or control premiums in game - via Events. If done smart, can benefit the game. 

Players
3,288 posts
15,196 battles
18 hours ago, Panocek said:

Yes, doubloons from Supercrates ...

... and from doubloons included in overpriced premium ship bundles that people only bought because included a skilled (well, 10 point) captain! :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

they want to make those ships more rare and sell them in limited time sales to boost sales of those ships.

Players
923 posts
15,765 battles
20 hours ago, Azrael_Ashemdion said:

Az

12 hours ago, L8viathan said:

Exactly for this reason. At least three-four new premiums are on the way. Besides, those prems will be available periodically. They are not being removed permanently. So I can’t understand the fuss.  The ones who think some prem ships should not be “periodically” removed, why didn’t you buy them until now? If you chose not to buy them, why do you fuss about them?

The tech tree can accommodate all of the ships. There is no issue there.

I haven't bought 47 premium ships because I don't have doubloons/I am a free player. But I like having the option to do so, and doubloons do trickle in with events.

I do not feel pressured to buy anything, I haven't bought any of the overpowered ships that WG themselves announced will be removing from shop/tech tree. In fact I will probably never spend a penny on this game.

• Cool 1

Players
6 posts
122 battles

You all seem to forget the most important part: The making of a list of the 'fun to play' category premium ships, which are being removed (temporarily?).:cap_rambo:

As a new player I probably already have more premium ships than I know what to do with, but I'm sure my harbour maintenance crews wouldn't mind looking after another ship or two if needed. 

Only a few, short hours left before 7.1 goes live tomorrow. :cap_money:

Beta Tester
357 posts
14,424 battles
On 2/6/2018 at 11:18 PM, Aragathor said:

People buy ships like the Mikasa or the Aurora not because of the extra XP or silver bonus, but because those ships are part of living history.

And the comparison with shoes is a complete miss, digital goods don't suffer from wear and tear.

A lot of people buy cheap XP grinders - regardless of their history.

And Nike does pull its shoes down for next years' line - not for wear and tear, but for fashion.  A great many shoes never wear out, they just simply never get worn after the new pair comes in.  Trust me, I used to manage the eComm sites for companies like those.  Wear and tear doesn't enter the equation.

Az

[BYOB]
Players
3,801 posts
15,400 battles
3 hours ago, Azrael_Ashemdion said:

A lot of people buy cheap XP grinders - regardless of their history.

And Nike does pull its shoes down for next years' line - not for wear and tear, but for fashion.  A great many shoes never wear out, they just simply never get worn after the new pair comes in.  Trust me, I used to manage the eComm sites for companies like those.  Wear and tear doesn't enter the equation.

Az

Thanks for removing the part of my post from the quote which addressed the point you are raising.

Nike and other companies offering physical goods don't pull their products from the shelves to offer them as limited duration bundles. They don't sell last year's sneakers with a handbag, scarf, and some stickers.

No, what they do is to offer replacements in the same categories they covered previously. Which leads me to WG, there are no replacements for the low tier ships, at least no announced ones. The only T3 ship announced is a free event cruiser.

Contrary to Adidas, WG doesn't offer replacements for the newly removed ships. They don't sell anything.

And by the way, buying a low tier ship to grind XP doesn't work, you don't earn big at low tiers.

Beta Tester
357 posts
14,424 battles

I didn't feel it necessary to repeat, and it didn't matter here.  "...don't pull their products from the shelves to offer them as limited duration bundles..." Here, you're stretching my metaphor too broadly, and you make incorrect assumptions (i.e., that WG have no replacements for low-tier ships).  My point is quite simple.  They pulled the low-tiers because the player base is saturated with them.  For example, with the exception of a few new players, everyone who was ever going to buy the Arizona has already done so.  They will introduce new ones where the old ones were, to a player base which doesn't have them and who will buy them.  Whatever the next tier-6 battleship is in the US line, no one will have one and many will want it.  This is really quite simple economics.  

Those which are pulled will become party to, as you said, special bundles or short-duration hits when they feel there is an opportunity to make a sale.  Likely a long while after they are pulled, so a good rank of new players will be present who hadn't been exposed to it outside of a fight will see them, want them, and buy them.

Az