Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wilkatis_LV

Vive La France collection

35 comments in this topic

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles

If you missed it:

Info about what's in collection:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/vive-la-france/

Info about how you'll get it:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/vive-la-france-pt-1/

18 collectables, 25 containers with what seems like 1 item per container

3 duplicates for 1 unique

To complete the collection you have to score at least 15 uniques and no more than 10 duplicates (hahah f u RNG)

Get lucky or pay up, no more realistic chances if you don't buy containers from premium shop

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles
59 minutes ago, robihr said:

if you missed that..

And here we have another fine specimen of "ME HAZ NO READ SKILZ, MINE JAST COMENTZ ON A POST WITH ZIRO CLU WAT IS ET ABOT!"

Because WG giving lucky potatoes tier 8 BB and this collection is the same thing, isn't it? Oh wait...

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
28 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

And here we have another fine specimen of "ME HAZ NO READ SKILZ, MINE JAST COMENTZ ON A POST WITH ZIRO CLU WAT IS ET ABOT!"

Because WG giving lucky potatoes tier 8 BB and this collection is the same thing, isn't it? Oh wait...

same thing.. we dont need 10 topics about every single thing about french collection. most noticeable difference between this collection and other collection is mostly chance of getting t8 ship and that is why they put such thread titles.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,304 posts
6,192 battles

Well with any luck, after about 5 months after the end of the collection we might get the "in case you missed it" missions, like with bismarck collection

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles
26 minutes ago, robihr said:

same thing.. we dont need 10 topics about every single thing about french collection. most noticeable difference between this collection and other collection is mostly chance of getting t8 ship and that is why they put such thread titles.

Most noticeable thing is that this is a collection, the ships are not. The only connecting thing - missions to unlock ships and collectibles for the collection come from the same french containers, that's where it ends. You don't do the collection to get the ships and you don't need those ships to do the collection.

2 obviously different things, helps if you actually have a clue what you're talking about before you start talking about it

23 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Well with any luck, after about 5 months after the end of the collection we might get the "in case you missed it" missions, like with bismarck collection

When enough people will have complained... yeah, probably

[SCRUB]
Players
7,299 posts
9,543 battles

I believe someone took an educated guess and said you have about 30% chance to complete the collection with the 25 containers you can get from the missions.

So, with so far absolutely zero information on whether WG intends other avenues to get collectibles from, that's a 70% chance that players would be forced to either dig into their wallet if they want to complete the collection (and since the reward is a unique captain with useful skills there's strong incentive to) ... or well, they won't be able to complete the collection at all.

Which would of course be completely P2W BS of such blatantly unashamed magnitude that I can't help but think that this is just once again WG EU being simply incompetent at communication. The alternative is something that I quite frankly don't want to think about much if I don't have to because it's just utterly disgusting.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles
10 minutes ago, Migulaitor said:

Maybe we can get the items in regular containers, like those hentai girls.

No, it's just those 25 containers from missions + however many containers you buy from prem shop

28 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I believe someone took an educated guess and said you have about 30% chance to complete the collection with the 25 containers you can get from the missions.

That chance seems a bit high. Altho my attempt to calculate it failed, I clearly missed something :cap_hmm:

Like, 1st unique has a individual drop chance of 18/18 = 100%, next one has it at 17/18 = 94.44% and so on till the 15th unique has its individual drop chance of 4/18 = 22.22%.

I seem to remember that you get their total chance by multiplying them, but that gives us 0.016% which is faaaaar too low to be realistic, right? :cap_yes:

[SM0KE]
Players
2,073 posts
5,843 battles
7 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Like, 1st unique has a individual drop chance of 18/18 = 100%, next one has it at 17/18 = 94.44% and so on till the 15th unique has its individual drop chance of 4/18 = 22.22%.

I seem to remember that you get their total chance by multiplying them, but that gives us 0.016% which is faaaaar too low to be realistic, right? :cap_yes:

The maths is also complicated a bit by being able to swap duplicates for a thingy that you don't already have...

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles
3 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

The maths is also complicated a bit by being able to swap duplicates for a thingy that you don't already have...

Which is already mentioned in the original post

2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

18 collectables, 25 containers with what seems like 1 item per container

3 duplicates for 1 unique

To complete the collection you have to score at least 15 uniques and no more than 10 duplicates

Here's how you get it:

n + ( 25 - n ) / 3 = 18

3n + 25 - n = 54

2n = 29

n = 14.5 = 15

Bcuz 15 + 10 / 3 = 18

Go below 15 uniques in those drops and you don't have enough duplicates to finish the collection

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
358 posts

I wonder... what the odds of the Ship Quests are... Like, if you gather all 25 containers, are you going to have all ship quests, or can you be the poor guy, ending with none, while others get 4 BBs, including a Tier 7 and Tier 8 for free?

So far, as I understood, Collection gives you only that french captain guy. So, where do you get those pompous camos, that were announced?

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles
8 minutes ago, josykay said:

I wonder... what the odds of the Ship Quests are... Like, if you gather all 25 containers, are you going to have all ship quests, or can you be the poor guy, ending with none, while others get 4 BBs, including a Tier 7 and Tier 8 for free?

So far, as I understood, Collection gives you only that french captain guy. So, where do you get those pompous camos, that were announced?

each standard box gives you 3 camos (so up to 75 in total) and each premium box gives you 5 camos

[SM0KE]
Players
2,073 posts
5,843 battles
13 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Which is already mentioned in the original post

Doh! Missed that. Apologies!

[DREAD]
Players
358 posts
1 minute ago, wilkatis_LV said:

each standard box gives you 3 camos (so up to 75 in total) and each premium box gives you 5 camos

I meant that fancy Gascogne camo, that was posted earlier, with the ridiculously pompous turret, and flags. ;)

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles

I'll just tag you all:

@robihr @domen3 @Aotearas @Migulaitor @Verblonde @josykay

Ok, went at it quite simplistically - a grid of outcomes, and calculate possibilities for each step (a scaled down version added as a pic for explanation purposes)

fi23zZl.png

It's basically counting all possible outcomes.

In the collections case - 18 possibilities each time, 15 times in total (as you need 15 uniques)

And this way I got that same 0.015816% chance of success. That's a success rate of 1 in 6323

So yeah, seems pretty impossible unless you are really blessed by RNG or drop money on the collection

@MrConway @Tuccy @Crysantos - am I being paranoid and screwing up my maths or is this collection legit impossible as a f2p?!

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
562 posts
3,550 battles

Considering my luck in this game so far,  it looks like I have to either: A: cough up my wallet or B: cough up my wallet to get the French commander.

Great job WG. 11/10 great F2P mechanics, your mission designer need a hefty raise in salary.

• Funny 2

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

maybe collection will be earnable with normal containers just as yamamoto or hsf collection...

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,818 posts
6,902 battles

Im a semi competitive player so I really want that commander, but if it basically forces you to cough up money for a competitive element Im not going to sink money into it on principle...

[ADRIA]
Players
4,231 posts
6,782 battles
7 minutes ago, robihr said:

maybe collection will be earnable with normal containers just as yamamoto or hsf collection...

Already stated in the announcements I linked (in particular the one with "part 1" in the name) that you earn those collectables through standard (25x from missions) and premium (cash bought from premium shop) containers, and the wording

A "Vive la France!" Collection item

indicates a single drop from each box

[BYOB]
Players
3,076 posts
11,064 battles

Hello Pay to Win, because Free to Play is for suckers. No wallet, no bonus.

I don't need to go on. The decision to create a situation in which finishing the collection for free is improbable just shows the direction the game is taking.

This looks like the first step towards killing the game for free users.

[LOBUZ]
Players
4,327 posts
16,678 battles

The wording of the announcement doesn't say anything about other than french/premium containers ways of getting collectibles but it also fails to explicitly say that collectibles cannot be obtained in any other way. Since the mechanism of getting collectibles from daily containers has been introduced, there was no collection excluded from it. So it's quite safe to assume this time it will be similar. Pitchforks on hold until tomorrow when the patch hits NA/SEA.

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,299 posts
9,543 battles
52 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Someone has done the exact calculations:

I knew I saw that ~30% figure somewhere.

Still reeks of cashgrab and P2W when players more often than not were to be forced to pay for additional containers to complete the collection and get the special captain.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,976 battles
2 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I knew I saw that ~30% figure somewhere.

Still reeks of cashgrab and P2W when players more often than not were to be forced to pay for additional containers to complete the collection and get the special captain.

Still isn't confirmed that these are the only ways to get the items.

We haven't had a collection yet where you needed to buy containers, so I'm going to hold off on the condemnations for now.

Sign in to follow this