Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Frayed__Knot

How is this possible!?

8 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
195 battles

So I just had a match in my Gnevny where is was defensively smoked and got proc spotted by an enemy DD. Fired a spread of torps seconds before dying and all three landed on the Anshan who survived with over 1000HP remaining. I genuinely don't understand. Help! :cap_wander_2:

gnevny.jpg

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,399 posts
6,357 battles

It's called damage saturation....

Different parts of the ship have their own HP pool, which means that if you drain that pool of it's hit points it has none left, and any further hits will do 0 damage.

In short: All three (or at least 2) of your torpedoes struck the same part of the ship. The first one did damage and drained that part of the ship of its HP, causing the second torpedo to do 0 or very low amount of damage.

npdZWKV.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-HUN-]
Players
810 posts
8,366 battles
54 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Different parts of the ship have their own HP pool, which means that if you drain that pool of it's hit points it has none left, and any further hits will do 0 damage.

In short: All three (or at least 2) of your torpedoes struck the same part of the ship. The first one did damage and drained that part of the ship of its HP, causing the second torpedo to do 0 or very low amount of damage.

npdZWKV.gif

med_1473909498_image.jpg

[SCRUB]
Players
7,577 posts
9,791 battles
1 hour ago, domen3 said:

What he said.

Of note is that only the extreme ends of the ship and the superstructure have less module HP than the ship has ship HP. So hitting a ship square in the middle won't damage saturate it, but hitting the bow or aft ends can.

This can also be used to your advantage to migitate damage you recieve by pointing a saturated part of the ship towards the incoming torpedoes; say your ship has been getting a bloody nose thus far, so if you can't evade the torp, you catch it on the nose for minimal direct damage (floodings still apply though).

Also of note: overpenetrations still deal their usual damage (10% of the listed maximum AP damage) even to damage saturated ship sections.

Players
2,137 posts
1 minute ago, Aotearas said:

What he said.

Of note is that only the extreme ends of the ship and the superstructure have less module HP than the ship has ship HP. So hitting a ship square in the middle won't damage saturate it, but hitting the bow or aft ends can.

This can also be used to your advantage to migitate damage you recieve by pointing a saturated part of the ship towards the incoming torpedoes; say your ship has been getting a bloody nose thus far, so if you can't evade the torp, you catch it on the nose for minimal direct damage (floodings still apply though).

Also of note: overpenetrations still deal their usual damage (10% of the listed maximum AP damage) even to damage saturated ship sections.

That's very useful information that a lot of people may well not be aware of, thanks for posting it.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,004 posts

How is it people don't know about damage saturation?! We have such a nice tutorial in the game... Right WG? :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 1

[MORIA]
[MORIA]
Players
104 posts
6 hours ago, Frayed__Knot said:

So I just had a match in my Gnevny where is was defensively smoked and got proc spotted by an enemy DD. Fired a spread of torps seconds before dying and all three landed on the Anshan who survived with over 1000HP remaining. I genuinely don't understand. Help! :cap_wander_2:

gnevny.jpg

Damage Saturation. You can check below links, they are very explanatory;

Sign in to follow this