You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

WG allowing you to start your french BB grind at tier VIII

249 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
8,374 posts
10,851 battles

So, this just got online on the portal:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/vive-la-france-pt-1/

With the "Viva la france" collection, among other things like camouflages and signal flags, players can get randomly awarded a special mission to unlock the tier V, VI, VII or tier VIII french BBs.

The ships will be fully researched and come with a 3 point captain and a port slot.

WHY ON EARTH IS THIS A THING!?

What happened to just playing the bloody game, starting at the low tiers and progressing up until you finally reached the tier X? Why do people have to start their grind as high up as tier VIII?

Oh and of course you can increase your chances to get those unlock missions by throwing money at WG, because naturally they will be selling special collection containers in the premium shop.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 1

Weekend Tester
965 posts
9,786 battles

Well,  they did it with the British BBs where you could unlock the tier 5. But I would totally agree. Way to make the developers feel like they do a great job. Make a line of BBs where we will give the bulk of the playerbase the ability to skip to tier 8. YAY!

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
2,794 posts
11,013 battles

This is so wrong on so many levels...so of course WG decided to pull it through.

It seems WG bought '1000 stupidly wrong things in game design and marketing you should never ever be doing' and decided to try each one of them.

At least WG is consistant with the screw-ups, and you can rely on them increasing the scope with each new screw-up.

• Cool 14

Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles

Well, giving away Bismarcks to everyone and their mother worked absolutely perfectly no?

Why then not take it a step further and make some money on top of that, it's genius I tell you!!!11!!1

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface: 

• Funny 4

Players
1,598 posts
15,767 battles

When the German BBs were introduced everybody was whining about too many BBs in queues for weeks!!!! Then they made the British BBs accessible via missions and the problem was somewhat mitigated. Now they go one step further, what's the problem?

There are so many bad players at tier 10 and you care about noobs in a tier 8? Please!

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Wow nice, I'll get to enjoy that Richelieu ship quickly and painlessly :Smile_honoring:

But yeah it's not a good thing...

• Cool 1

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,184 posts
15,024 battles

I don't object, I'll be able to get the tier X for my collection far sooner. It might also motivate me to finally grind for the Battleship Elite Forces badge.

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,177 posts
5,051 battles

Why on earth does WG only do this kind of things for battleship lines ???

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
Players
5,473 posts
9,977 battles
1 minute ago, NoirLotus said:

Why on earth does WG only do this kind of things for battleship lines ???

• Because BB = $$
  • Also, just recently they gave away several t6 ships, including cruisers and destroyers as part of a campaign.

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,177 posts
5,051 battles
6 minutes ago, aboomination said:
  • Because BB = $$
  • Also, just recently they gave away several t6 ships, including cruisers and destroyers as part of a campaign.

If BB give so much cash, then why give the T8 for free, let people grind for it ...

And apart from line splits, we don't get free T8 ships save Bismarck and now Richelieu. I must say that I'm fed up with typical noob bismarck players sniping from red lines, I don't want to see Richelieu reversing for bow tanking all game long ...

Players
4,888 posts
9,749 battles
10 minutes ago, aboomination said:
  • Because BB = $$

Just makes me wish the gambling laws would already count for Lootboxes. This kinda Stuff is really getting out of Hand. 

• Cool 5

Players
4,888 posts
9,749 battles
1 minute ago, NoirLotus said:

If BB give so much cash, then why give the T8 for free, let people grind for it ...

Because there are enough Ppl that are lazy and don't see a Problem in spending x00 Euros for a Chance on something they could just play for.  Lootbox Gambling in Games needs to finally be stopped. 

[THROW]
Players
835 posts
22,352 battles

i just ddont see why french bbs arnt being released on this patch. we had access to the tier 9 on test server which usually means the release of the line in the patch....

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,095 posts

WHAT

THE

FVCK

This is stupid on just sooo many levels :cap_wander:

Why would a company spend many hours and recourses designing new content only to let the majority of players NOT play it? :cap_wander_2:

If they do something like this for every line, we can soon delete tiers 1-7. We'll just have a 3 tier game :cap_fainting:

Players
131 posts
1,021 battles

TBH I do not understand what are you complaining about:

- 0 P2W - literally ZERO

- Very limited time advantage as a reward of RNG

- Possibility to get it for free ingame

- rest of the non RNG rewards is nice enough - and again for free

If someone is stupid enough to pay for cashshop boxes to get this.... well good for WG I suppose.

I like this approach.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
5,473 posts
9,977 battles
18 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

i just ddont see why french bbs arnt being released on this patch. we had access to the tier 9 on test server which usually means the release of the line in the patch....

Well, for obvious reasons ^^

Players
955 posts
6,001 battles
24 minutes ago, Bellegar said:

Why would a company spend many hours and recourses designing new content only to let the majority of players NOT play it? :cap_wander_2:

The majority?

Come on guy, surely you don't think it's true.

Most of the player will grind normally.

I do not expect the chance to unlock those missions to be high.

They want to motivate people to buy containers.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,374 posts
10,851 battles
17 minutes ago, Ryouzanpakku said:

TBH I do not understand what are you complaining about:

- 0 P2W - literally ZERO

- Very limited time advantage as a reward of RNG

- Possibility to get it for free ingame

- rest of the non RNG rewards is nice enough - and again for free

If someone is stupid enough to pay for cashshop boxes to get this.... well good for WG I suppose.

I like this approach.

Let's see how much you like it when you happen to get a team full of Richelieus that play like crap because they literally started playing battleships with that ship and little to no prior experience.

The numbers of potato Bismarcks sailing around trying to snipe from maximum range or doing the opposite and rushing into the whole enemy team so they can use their precious secondaries after WG gave away free Bismarcks like mad with that one collection should be telling enough why it's a bad idea to let people skip tiers.

• Cool 6

Players
955 posts
6,001 battles
31 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

Because of this marketing strategy.

Actually, that is well done by wargaming on a commercial point of view.