Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
darkstar73

Varyag T3 Cruiser in ST

17 comments in this topic

[LEGIO]
Players
585 posts
7,554 battles
Looks great for me. Love those early ships :) 

ST, Russian cruiser Varyag, tier III

Hit points - 22400. Plating - 16 mm.

Main battery - 12х1 152 mm. Firing range – 11.0 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 2100. Chance to cause fire - 8.0%. Maximum AP shell damage - 2700. Reload time - 9 s. 180 degree rotation time - 30 s. Maximum dispersion - 109 m. HE initial velocity - 753 m/s. AP initial velocity - 792.5 m/s. Sigma value – 2.0.

Maximum speed - 25 kt. Turning circle radius - 450 m. Rudder shift time – 6.6 s. Surface detectability – 10.7 km. Air detectability – 5.4 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 5.0 km.

Available consumables:

Slot 1 - Damage Control Party

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,405 posts
14,381 battles

Yeah, I guess WG kinda screwed up, when deciding on the tier structure for WoWs and put focus mainly on WW2 era. Russia had a large and varied navy all the way from pre-dreadnought era to WW1 but not much since the revolution and so since the game is focused on WW2 era ships a treasure-trove of excellent and interesting ships and designs will be left out (and not only Russian ships, but many others as well). Perhaps if they had made it into 15 tiers, starting from 1890's or some such they would have been able to include much more interesting stuff. Including being able to cover more of the WW1 era Dreadnoughts and Battlecruisers. :Smile_Default:

Sadly in its current form we will be stuck with an abundance of paper-ships such as the upcoming Stalingrad and sh*tloads of random premiums instead. :Smile_sad:

• Cool 3

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,613 posts
5,167 battles

Seems weird to be adding another T3 when they have only recently removed ALL the T5 and below premiums from the shop, unless they think that we players have to much unspent gold and want to soak that up using tech tree purchases?

(Agree on @RAHJAILARI points ref Russian ships up to the end of WW1)

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
358 posts

Probably again, no match for the glorious Bogatyr, since not benefitting from captain skills, but she surely is a beautiful ship, better looking than Aurora or Oleg. That bow ornament!!!! I love it. Instant buy, if I am fluent, should she come out.

Finally a ship, rivaling the fancy ships K. Albert and Albany.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,405 posts
14,381 battles

Yeah @philjd I always find it rather bizarre, that WG should focus on WW2 era only, considering they have access to an ample supply of Russian navy designs and ships which are mainly of earlier era and quite obviously also have the motivation to display them in game. Considering that they have the desire to employ more Russian ships and designs, it would have made perfect sense to expand the focus to include a larger time-scale which would enable that to happen more easily than just adding a multitude of tier 2-5 premiums or some such. Shooting themselves slightly in the foot perhaps? :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,045 posts
13 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Soo the third protected cruiser joins Aurora and Diana, WG really pumping out the prems lately. 

Don't forget Bogatyr and Oleg. If this is premium, it'll be the fourth premium T2 and T3 cruiser :Smile_facepalm:

4 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Perhaps if they had made it into 15 tiers, starting from 1890's or some such they would have been able to include much more interesting stuff.

I've been stating this since early CBT days. More tiers would solve so many problems people AND DEVS have balancing this game.

- we could have more emphasis on pre-dreads and protected cruisers

- Mikasa could finally have a place in the game

- we could have stock hulls without too much painful grind (stock hull and B hull could even span 2 different tiers if you wanted)

- CVs would start way higher, so ships without AA wouldn't meet them

- less fantasy upgrades to WW1 ships to make them competitive ingame

• Cool 2

Players
894 posts
11,126 battles

Well, at least she is not just an actual, real ship but even one with some degree of historical significance.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,166 battles
1 hour ago, darkstar73 said:
Looks great for me. Love those early ships :) 

ST, Russian cruiser Varyag, tier III

Hit points - 22400. Plating - 16 mm.

Main battery - 12х1 152 mm. Firing range – 11.0 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 2100. Chance to cause fire - 8.0%. Maximum AP shell damage - 2700. Reload time - 9 s. 180 degree rotation time - 30 s. Maximum dispersion - 109 m. HE initial velocity - 753 m/s. AP initial velocity - 792.5 m/s. Sigma value – 2.0.

Maximum speed - 25 kt. Turning circle radius - 450 m. Rudder shift time – 6.6 s. Surface detectability – 10.7 km. Air detectability – 5.4 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 5.0 km.

Available consumables:

Slot 1 - Damage Control Party

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers.

Going to seal club with a 19 point Moskva cpt dude? :Smile_Default:

Play only few lower tiers now and then, but the ship sure looks beautiful, could be a good piece for the colllection.

Cheers

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,853 posts
6,160 battles

I had a interesting though pop into my bean, since now we have a few protected cruisers and a Mikasa, wouldn it be a neat thing to add a operation purely for these ships? 

Would make sence me thinks, what do ya'll think? :cap_yes:

• Cool 2

Players
894 posts
11,126 battles
17 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

I had a interesting though pop into my bean, since now we have a few protected cruisers and a Mikasa, wouldn it be a neat thing to add a operation purely for these ships? 

Would make sence me thinks, what do ya'll think? :cap_yes:

I"d be into that. However, a fair amount of ships are premiums, so it's questionable if it would have the necessary playerbase.

Even though add one or two japanese ships for the occassion (Nisshin?) and something to complement the Mikasa (Borodino-class maybe?), and we could almost replay a russo-japanese match for example.

So, while I like the idea of the currently developed scenario (more strict ship restrictions for historical flavour), one should do it carefully.

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles

To be fair to WG, the Varyag was built in the US, and also had a nine year carreer in the IJN..

Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles

Always nice seeing more of these early ships in the game, especially ones with some historicity behind them.

Here's hoping that someday we'll see some armoured cruisers as well. :cap_look:

Sign in to follow this