You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jessa_Doom

Scenarios mechanics.

5 comments in this topic

Players
327 posts

Hi WG Dev's.

What is it with the launching of torpedoes from the bot ships and planes.

Torpedoes launched from bot ships seem to be launch from a bow angle of 5-10 degree and players have to be about 45 degree to launch.

Torpedoes launched from torp planes ranges seem to be are far longer than a players planes launched torps.

I was under the notion that plane drop torps ranges were about 3-4.km as bot drops ranges seem to be 4-6.km plus.

Detection of some bot ships seem to be as low as 2-3.km or ghaphics rendering too slow to pick them up to render, and yet i can spot some ships at extreme range without any render issues. 

And in scenarios bot ships intermittently appear and disappear within the 2-3.km ranges and is happening at low-high graphic settings.

This is not at my end as other players have mentioned this show-no show ship issues on the bug reports forum as this is happening throughout the whole game in all battles since recent updates , we all can't have bad graphics    

[TOAST]
Players
1,973 posts
25,607 battles

Best place to have posted your topic would have been here.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,173 posts
6,747 battles

2 points here:

• Ship-by-ship basis DDs launch zones (some have them better, some have them worse, there are some low tier DDs who can launch almost directly forwards)
  • Players use torpedo acceleration on CVs cutting the torp range by 20%, I think it's safe to assume bots don't. There's your extra range

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles
3 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

2 points here:

• Ship-by-ship basis DDs launch zones (some have them better, some have them worse, there are some low tier DDs who can launch almost directly forwards)
  • Players use torpedo acceleration on CVs cutting the torp range by 20%, I think it's safe to assume bots don't. There's your extra range

Plus bots auto drop them where most players don't. 

That said, air dropped torps still have quite a high range. 

Players
327 posts

HI All 

Thanks for replies.

If the Bot ships are the same setup as we would setup a ship ie the highest setting for maximum effect they still seem OP.

If you read the stats on aerial torpedoes as i have they say about 3-4.km range depending on setting.

Even with Capstan/flag setups to max out ranges the bot one ranges are extra long, thus WG take advantage of making OP bots an unfair fight, Bringing a knife to a gunfight comes to mind.

Have you seen how a bot ship keep dodging our torps, it like they know where to turn before launched torps are in range, yes i hear you say a good knowledge of DD/tort bombers tactics you will never get hit i agree but when you lay a trap the bots either suddenly stop or speed up faster than allowed thus torps to miss. 

If WG are reading this which i doubt, at best give the bot ships etc random setups making them more like players setups, after all we player don't all have the same setting if we are in the same ships as each other.       

I'm sure that most of you that play this and other games have said this why are BOTS/NPC so accurate in their shootings to the extent they hit you before they see you or hit you even if you're dodging.

I'm not saying the the scenarios are hard though bad team make them hard i'm saying the bot setting are somewhat OP in most scenarios.

Again if WG teams are reading this "NOT!" i will place this in suggestion thread how about giving the scenarios the option of PVE/PVP  thus PVE as is now with rewards resets and all other rewards added (how many of you got 5 kills or more and no Kraken medal) and PVP with attacker/defender options and more on each team, i'm guessing PVP being fun with all rewards etc.