You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Verdius

Soviet battlesh... cruiser Kronshtadt

127 comments in this topic

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,980 posts
4,013 battles

Looks like we get a new Soviet premium battleships cruiser, presumably as the first free xp cruiser.
She has more health than all T9 BBs except Musashi, Freddy and Izumo, and near double that of a Donskoi while also getting a detection of 11.2km outpotting them all :cap_wander:

They were battlecruisers initially designed to counter the Scharnhorst class and were supposed to be build with the 305mm guns, but due to delays etc they decided to buy the same 38cm (15 inch) SKC/34 guns that we find on the Bismarck class but these were not delivered before the war started on the eastern front. So WG went with the original guns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kronshtadt-class_battlecruiser

No radar though. Yet

• Cool 2

[H_FAN]
Players
2,131 posts
28,072 battles
6 minutes ago, Verdius said:

Looks like we get a new Soviet premium battleships cruiser, presumably as the first free xp cruiser.
She has more health than all T9 BBs except Musashi, Freddy and Izumo, and near double that of a Donskoi while also getting a detection of 11.2km outpotting them all :cap_wander:

No radar though. Yet

Interesting, for those who wants more info Warship 2004 have a fine article of proj 69 and the development including the final version with 6-15 inch turrets (3x2)for some ships in the class.

Stronger Scharnhorst....

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,588 posts
3,520 battles
Just now, Gnirf said:

Interesting, for those who wants more info Warship 2004 have a fine article of proj 69 and the development including the final version with 6-15 inch turrets for some ships in the class.

3X2 15in you mean. Six guns, not six turrets.

Rather large difference there.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,131 posts
28,072 battles
2 minutes ago, lafeel said:

3X2 15in you mean. Six guns, not six turrets.

Rather large difference there.

Naturally... rushed too much and have edited

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,721 posts
8,716 battles

Like I posted in the other thread:

A cruiser with dispersion that would be bad for a BB?

latest?cb=20170523205712

• Cool 2

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,524 posts
6,992 battles

So it's basically a battleship with cruiser plating (25mm) and cruiser concealment.

Guns have 1.8 sigma instead of all 2.05 sigma that most cruisers shares...

Honestly, it looks interesting enough.

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,980 posts
4,013 battles
1 minute ago, ShinGetsu said:

So it's basically a battleship with cruiser plating (25mm).

Yeah, to be honest I am actually surprised that they didn't save her for the rumoured future Soviet BB line. This was one of the only ones that was actually laid down, and having a line of Scharnhorst like BBs would mean that WG won't have to spam them to death with unwanted and unbalancing gimmicks. Now they have to dive even deeper into fantasy paper for a future line which will probably go over really well with a lot of people considering how much people here love Soviet paper vehicles /s.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,131 posts
28,072 battles
1 minute ago, Verdius said:

Yeah, to be honest I am actually surprised that they didn't save her for the rumoured future Soviet BB line. This was one of the only ones that was actually laid down, and having a line of Scharnhorst like BBs would mean that WG won't have to spam them to death with unwanted and unbalancing gimmicks. Now they have to dive even deeper into fantasy paper for a future line which will probably go over really well with a lot of people considering how much people here love Soviet paper vehicles /s.

Well at the mid tiers I am looking forward to a Borodino class with 12-14 inch (4x3) and 28 kts speed

[DREAD]
Players
7,170 posts
5,661 battles
1 minute ago, Gnirf said:

Well at the mid tiers I am looking forward to a Borodino class with 12-14 inch (4x3) and 28 kts speed

Who told you 28kts?! Clearly propaganda! Correkt speed 37kts

[DREAD]
Players
465 posts

So... when will all battlecruisers ingame be redesignated in game as cruisers?^^

If Stalingrad and Kronshtadt are cruisers...

• Cool 4

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,927 posts
7,915 battles
12 minutes ago, Verdius said:

I predict they will use the 15" version for a BB at something like tier 7. Seems to compare rather well to Gneisenau.

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,927 posts
7,915 battles

Looking at the ship itself I dont have any problems with this apporach. Maybe concealment and speed is a tad bit too high. Looking at the pic it has the historically planned layout of early war AA:

4x2 152mm, no AA capabilities
4x2 100mm, 40 dps@5 km
7x4 37mm, 84dps @3.5 km

With AA button it might just survive a strike or two, but it isnt really an offensive AA ship at all like Stalingrad.

Players
910 posts
11,126 battles

I did/do not get the Nelson, because I thought I'll save up for something more expensive.

I did not get the Missouri, because I did not feel like grinding my soul - or my credit card - out.

I do not feel like getting the Musashi, because Yam'.

Finally, all of this beause I thought in the end: who knows? We might get some cool freeXP destroyer or cruiser! How awesome will be that? :fish_aqua:

...and then it's a fokken soviet.

Spoiler

facepalm.jpeg

FML.

• Funny 3

Players
2,829 posts
16,682 battles

well it looks solid but  i realy dont know if the ROF can make up for the lack of armor and gun calibre

since that thing should more be seen as filling the role of a fast BB....

or put in other words why not bring a  iowa instead of this?

so imho to make this thing viable its guns must be just accurate enough to make it good but not OP i dont know if this is the case at the lower end of BB acc....

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,927 posts
7,915 battles

Am I one of the few super hyped for this?

I bought Missouri a few weeks ago, but I already got 202k free xp with no plans to get Musashi (because no reason to shen I have yammy). This ship just goes perfectly with my Moskva Captain and is so unique its not something I can give up. Glad I held on to that Free xp now, was planning on using it on Frenchies but now I sure as hell will save it.

• Cool 3

Players
2,829 posts
16,682 battles
15 minutes ago, Affeks said:

Am I one of the few super hyped for this?

I bought Missouri a few weeks ago, but I already got 202k free xp with no plans to get Musashi (because no reason to shen I have yammy). This ship just goes perfectly with my Moskva Captain and is so unique its not something I can give up. Glad I held on to that Free xp now, was planning on using it on Frenchies but now I sure as hell will save it.

dont get me wrong im potentially super hyped too....

but i since the ship has no utility and probably the handling of a BB together with BB dispersion 

i fear that it will just end up the same kind of booring as the musashi is.....

so hopefully it will be exciting  and i know what i use my FXP for

[BLITZ]
Players
2,641 posts
9,896 battles
52 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Not my type of cruiser, I'm afraid :Smile_hiding:

(If she'll be Freepex)

Yeah, let's just unlock another Freepex cruiser...

Oh... wait... -.-

I think I will get any Freepex cruiser, as long as it's not a complete "mehboat".

And maybe we can talk about Moskva's concealment again, WG? :Smile_hiding:

Beta Tester
1,980 posts
6,314 battles

Soo TX is stalingrad for CW, and this is for everyone else who wont be able to get Stalingrad and will be for FXP? 

Or did i miss anything.