Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
darkstar73

Z39 New German Premium

56 comments in this topic

[LEGIO]
Players
599 posts
8,045 battles

Hi all :) New German destroyer sighted :) Z39 

ST, German destroyer Z-39, tier VIII

Hit points - 19600. Plating - 19 mm.

Main battery - 1x2 150 mm, 2х1 150 mm. Firing range – 11.8 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 2200. Chance to cause fire – 12%. Maximum AP shell damage - 3700. Reload time - 7.5 s. 180 degree rotation time - 22.5 s. Maximum dispersion - 104 m. HE initial velocity - 835 m/s. AP initial velocity - 835 m/s. Sigma value – 2.0.

Torpedo tubes - 2х4 533 mm. Maximum damage - 14400. Range - 8.5 km. Speed - 65 kt. Reload time - 90 s. Launcher 180 degree rotation time – 7.2 s.

Maximum speed - 36 kt. Turning circle radius - 670 m. Rudder shift time – 4.5 s. Surface detectability – 7.5 km. Air detectability – 4.4 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 3.3 km.

Available consumables:

Slot 1 - Damage Control Party

Slot 2 - Smoke Generator

Slot 3 - Engine Boost

Slot 4 - Hydroacoustic Search

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers

https://www.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/?hc_ref=ARTYzx2GuMi3_v-XGTCfg7wER_QKNqlyuEZvHn-PekkgdAtOJ6uI7qd8WGHWoGheEC8&fref=nf

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
2,794 posts
11,013 battles

Nice i guess but i'm not gonna jump the hype train until the T61 sits comfy in my port. ^^

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Maybe it'll get 5.4km hydro?

Watch the whiners descend on the forums then :Smile_honoring:

Players
2,170 posts

7.5s main gun reload on a DD isn't my idea of fun, it's why I prefer the lower calibre guns on the Gaede and Z-23.

This one just looks like a tiny tweak on the Z-23 which is an OK, but not especially inspiring DD. Much as I want a KM premium DD this one doesn't interest me much. The T61 (if it's ever released) is much more inspiring.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
2,794 posts
11,013 battles
18 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

7.5s main gun reload on a DD isn't my idea of fun, it's why I prefer the lower calibre guns on the Gaede and Z-23.

This one just looks like a tiny tweak on the Z-23 which is an OK, but not especially inspiring DD. Much as I want a KM premium DD this one doesn't interest me much. The T61 (if it's ever released) is much more inspiring.

This sums it up quite nicely. Would be nice to get the option to switch to the lower caliber guns.

EDIT: WG did really increase their premium ship output...

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,713 posts
16,313 battles
41 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Nice i guess but i'm not gonna jump the hype train until the T61 sits comfy in my port. ^^

NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Please dont make them have scrapped the T61 and give us this instead.

I kind of pride myself of having played just about every DD in game Prem and non Prem. These almost carbon Copies they are bringing out probably wont make in to my port. Unless its a reward ship

• Cool 2

Players
984 posts
5,061 battles

I honestly don't know what it is supposed to have going for itself. 4 guns, bad reload, relatively short ranged torps on a dd that is sufficiently fast, but clumsy with rather bad concealment. 

Meh is probably the perfect reaction.

[CAIN]
Players
2,794 posts
11,013 battles
1 minute ago, T0byJug said:

I kind of pride myself of having played just about every DD in game Prem and non Prem. These almost carbon Copies they are bringing out probably wont make in to my port. Unless its a reward ship

Well, the T61 is way overdue and it may be quite possible that they canned it, which would make me rage quite a bit.

I'm waiting more than patiently for the T61 and WG could at least give some infos why it is delayed (or cancelled), although my guess is that the french ships take priority with the soon-to-be released french BBs.

Still, it pi$$es me off that we don't get at least a statment what happened to the premium DD that was announced twice in the monthly mission briefings.

While the Z-39 will eventually end up in my port, it mostly will not be welcomed with arms wide open - if it stays with the 150mm guns.

Didn't like it on the Z-23, will not like it with the premium either.

So, any infos about the T61, @Kandly , @MrConway, @Sub_Octavian, @Tuccy? When will we be able to throw money at you for the T61? 

• Cool 3

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,980 posts
4,013 battles
8 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

T-61 too OP compared to Gaede for shop so they only hand it out for KoTS to curb complaints about P2W?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,713 posts
16,313 battles
1 minute ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Well, the T61 is way overdue and it may be quite possible that they canned it, which would make me rage quite a bit.

I'm waiting more than patiently for the T61 and WG could at least give some infos why it is delayed (or cancelled), although my guess is that the french ships take priority with the soon-to-be released french BBs.

Still, it pi$$es me off that we don't get at least a statment what happened to the premium DD that was announced twice in the monthly mission briefings.

While the Z-39 will eventually end up in my port, it mostly will not be welcomed with arms wide open - if it stays with the 150mm guns.

Didn't like it on the Z-23, will not like it with the premium either.

So, any infos about the T61, @Kandly , @MrConway, @Sub_Octavian, @Tuccy? When will we be able to throw money at you for the T61? 

SOOOOOOO Tempted to use my Quality Poster Powers to highlight this just for the last line.. AS i want to know as well...  :Smile_hiding::Smile_hiding:

But that would be an abuse.....

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
Players
2,794 posts
11,013 battles

Yeah, i was about to check the requirements for the quality poster thingy, but the 'no warnings in the last year' part crumbled my hopes. :Smile_sad:

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,713 posts
16,313 battles
2 minutes ago, Verdius said:

T-61 too OP compared to Gaede for shop so they only hand it out for KoTS to curb complaints about P2W?

She douse look very good if maybe not OP (when compared to other nations tier 6 DDs) Its not released so maybe they are making balance changes would be nice to know this. I think most of us would understand

[O-R-P]
Players
1,631 posts
14,858 battles

It looks like it will be Narvik in full AA version.

Spoiler

3022_3-auto_downl.jpg

Even without AA boost it can be funny ..... to first HE hits

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,980 posts
4,013 battles
5 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

She douse look very good if maybe not OP (when compared to other nations tier 6 DDs) Its not released so maybe they are making balance changes would be nice to know this. I think most of us would understand

It has been months by now and we still haven't heard anything about changes so I doubt they have had it very high on the priorities list. Or they just hope that she will be somewhat forgotten by the time she is released so people would get less outraged at how much she outclasses Gaede and makes T6 IJN DDs obsolete.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
889 posts
8,386 battles
1 hour ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

I honestly don't know what it is supposed to have going for itself. 4 guns, bad reload, relatively short ranged torps on a dd that is sufficiently fast, but clumsy with rather bad concealment. 

Meh is probably the perfect reaction.

65 knot torps every 90 sec (which can get much better with adrenaline rush/torp reload skill) is a thing.

KM DDs are the IJN ones of '18 for me, pure torpedoe boats but with hydro and competent guns to use as a last defence weapon vs enemy DDs that get too close.

Z52 was my favorite t10 for quite some time.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,206 posts
8,367 battles

So its a DD that can be used for training Gaede and Z23 captains...

[BYOB]
Players
3,558 posts
13,704 battles

Not interested, not with the noobcannons. 4x150mm guns with a slow reload on a T8 DD is a recipe for disaster. They barely work on the Gaede and I won't be using them on the Z23.

Having a ship with  only 4 guns that shoot slowly compared with ships like the Kidd or Harekaze is suicide. German DDs are sold as DD hunters but you can't hunt anyone when the opposition outshoots you.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,713 posts
16,313 battles
4 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Not interested, not with the noobcannons. 4x150mm guns with a slow reload on a T8 DD is a recipe for disaster. They barely work on the Gaede and I won't be using them on the Z23.

Having a ship with  only 4 guns that shoot slowly compared with ships like the Kidd or Harekaze is suicide. German DDs are sold as DD hunters but you can't hunt anyone when the opposition outshoots you.

I would try them if i was you.. Z23 One of my highest performing tier 8 DDs and i run mostly with the 150mm.... Can citadel CA/CLs like crazy only 2.7 secs slower rate of fire and a whopping 12% fire chance.. If you cant citidel it burn it

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
8,365 posts
10,845 battles

So a Z-23 that trades a gun for slightly better concealment, eh?

No deal. I very much liked the Z-23 with the 150mm setup, it packed a mean wallop and had that distinctive edge to how it felt playing that ship, but just that one gun less could very well tip the balance and not in its favour. Getting slightly better concealment doesn't feel like a good trade-off or even something I'd want on a ship like this. The 150mm Z-23 was a surpreme ambush DD that worked through its alpha punch, not because it was stealthy.

Though there's no telling if WG won't try to offset that by giving it an overcharged hydro like with the Lo Yang, though again I don't think the Z-23 was as fun to play because it had hydro ...

Highly sceptical of this premium.

[FUSO]
Players
73 posts
4,799 battles
52 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

I would try them if i was you.. Z23 One of my highest performing tier 8 DDs and i run mostly with the 150mm.... Can citadel CA/CLs like crazy only 2.7 secs slower rate of fire and a whopping 12% fire chance.. If you cant citidel it burn it

Aye, i'm with ya on that. My Z-23 got 14 citadels once. And 5 150mm guns getting all shells on target has the highest chance of getting those fires started

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles

For me it's hilarious that we still know nothing about T-61 that was meant to be released before the end of last year and they're already anouncing the next premium German DD. :cap_haloween::cap_like:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,713 posts
16,313 battles
14 minutes ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

For me it's hilarious that we still know nothing about T-61 that was meant to be released before the end of last year and they're already anouncing the next premium German DD. :cap_haloween::cap_like:

Better late and balanced. would just be nice to get some info

• Cool 3

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles
8 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Better late and balanced. would just be nice to get some info

Agreed. I'd be fine even if they say they've changed the ship so it's not that OP. But yes, it would be nice if they say say something about it instead of pretending nothing ever happened and hope we forget about it or something.

Sign in to follow this