Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OldschoolGaming_YouTube

Nelson or Musashi?!

17 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,313 posts
9,321 battles

Im building up a bit of free XP again and starting to think about what i would like to spent it on? Nelson or Musashi?

I lean towards the Nelson since:

• Its half the price
  • T7, which is a pretty fun T to play
  • Bat crap Crazy heal

Im not leaning towards Musashi because:

• T9 (10), not the most fun tier to play, a lot of static, camping (which do play into the Musashi playstyle, but boring as hell).
  • I already own Missouri, which is my cash/XP cow.
  • I already own Yamato, but hardly ever play her because boring a.f. playstyle.

But i would still like to hear from someone who owns one or preferably both of these ships. I do understand the LOL-Pen factor of sailing a T9 Yamato in some T7 games, but is those few games really worth all that free XP?

Let me know what you guys think.

[SKRUB]
Players
206 posts
15,502 battles

You already answer to your own question.

You like T7 MM (only god know why) , dislike T9/10 and you already have Yamato.

Musashi is only a sub-Yamato playstyle are the same, if you really want mushasi without spend Free Xp, buy a premium camo for your Yamato or finish the collection High Scholl fleet. 

So yeah buy Nelson, with no shame, if you really want to use your free xp.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
889 posts
8,385 battles

Nelson for me , for all the reasons you mentioned plus pretty unique playstyle and turret layout.

I would go for Mushashi if I desperately needed a IJN BB cpt trainer or had above 1 million free xp.

Only took Mushashi out for a few battles, the style is pretty passive , Yamato style.

Nelson can be more fun, tier 7 is also better IMO.

• Cool 1

Players
2,170 posts

I think you've very much answered your own question, you find Yamato boring and the Musashi is very little different. Personally I don't see a lot of point in having both unless you want the Musashi for historical reasons. I've got more than enough free XP to get the Musashi, but I won't be bothering with it.

You find T7 more fun than 9/10 and as a regular Nelson driver it is quite good fun. Sure it's squishy, but managed right it's very competitive.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Let that mad Yuro guy sum it up...

I have the HSF Yam camo and it's buffs are close enough to make her a Prem ship.

I'm actually building FXP so fast I might sell out and buy Musashi. But then again maybe not...

And yeah, Nelson is awesome. Can use HE or AP, decent results with either shell type.

• Cool 1

Players
13 posts
3,822 battles

I don't know about Musashi, but Nelson is heaps of fun.

You like the Tier VII gameplay, you already own the Missouri that will go away in few weeks, so it's a no-brainer for me.

Nelson's heal is hilarious, gun turrets placement is superb, both AP and HE shells are viable on the ship.

She is definitely worth it.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,719 posts
8,716 battles

I own both and I would say that the Nelson is fun to play and has a very unique play style, but you're also going to be spending a lot of time bow-in just like the Musashi.

What I think is nice about the Musashi is that you get those 460mm guns on a tier 9 BB. It might not seem like a big deal, but it really is. The fun of the Musashi comes from power projection and blapping any ship you can see. No one is safe.

Nelsons defense is her heal and she doesn't deal with incoming damage very well. Even if it's easy to heal back, HE shells do damage all over the ship and BB AP shells go through the armor like butter, which is not as easy to heal back.

Both the Nelson and the Musashi are "blessed" with a big easy to hit citadel, but the Musashi is the only one with the armor to really protect it and she also takes way less HE shell damage from cruisers.

All-in-all I have fun sailing both, but the Musashi is the better performer and that absolutely adds to my desire to play her.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,131 posts
28,072 battles

Well OP- you have answered you own question.

My take:

I have both the Nelson and Musashi, the Halloween crates gave me lots of FreeXp, Nelson I bought a few days after release as I had the fReeXP and when Musashi arrived I had 400000 over the cost , so the decisiuon was easy as I am a collector, I play Musashi now for the HSF missions but doubt I will play her much after that, I have Yama my first T10 with Prem camo but have never really got a grip in her, mainly because I do not like her playstyle so much and you are expected to carry, if you spam HE in Zao f.e. you are more a support ship and that suits me more as I tend to misjudge th emoments to push in Yamma sometimes it works but sometimas I fail totally. Musashi same but one tier lower.

Nelson - just like her ugliness and that 3 turrets in fron despite her slow speed is something different from high tier play.

I would not have spent the FreeXP on Musashi if I did not had so many flags etc for speedy recovert of my FreeXP count.

So If your FreeXP count and future inflow only is enough for one Nelson is the answer, also is it to some minor degree depending on your overall premium ship situation in RN and IJN.

Now I have most of the premiums released so therefor in RN with Warspite, Hood in store before Nelson and now + DoY and Ishi, Mutsu and Kii for IJN  I have enough training ships so my own decision are based from my collection needs rtaher than training needs.

As others have said Prem Camo on Yamato are probably better if you are short on FreeXP, Gold can oftemn be captured in bundles to a discount or f.e. during summer sales by buying duplicates - but this last thing may not be repeated, this was superb , I used plenty of 50% Gold to buy Prem camos en masse for my T10s. 5000 Gold is much but 2500 (in reality) is another matter.

• Cool 1

[TIPC]
Players
409 posts
17,917 battles

if i was in your position i would buy nelson..one more reason is cause musashi just came to the game in the other hand nelson is near a year into the game maybe they will take it out from the tech tree like they did with misouri..(just saying i dont have any fact for this)

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,184 posts
15,024 battles

Nelson and save your FXP for the new Russian tier IX cruiser. I heard she's good.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
4 hours ago, cpt_sparrow_jack said:

if i was in your position i would buy nelson..one more reason is cause musashi just came to the game in the other hand nelson is near a year into the game maybe they will take it out from the tech tree like they did with misouri..(just saying i dont have any fact for this)

Wasn't Nelson added in August 2017... You're thinking of Missouri!

[TIPC]
Players
409 posts
17,917 battles
17 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Wasn't Nelson added in August 2017... You're thinking of Missouri!

yea something like that...my point was that if any of them ever removed from the tech tree first will be nelson..

[HOO]
[HOO]
Beta Tester
229 posts
7,359 battles

Nelson!

Oh wait, I'm a 100% biased RN-fanboy :)

But to be serious, the Nelson offer a unique/rare playstyle with all the guns on the front. Good HE, but not so good, you dont have to try and predict when to switch ammo. OP heal, but few of them.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,404 posts
9,965 battles

Hi all,

On 2/5/2018 at 4:26 PM, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Im building up a bit of free XP again and starting to think about what i would like to spent it on? Nelson or Musashi?

I lean towards the Nelson since:

• Its half the price
  • T7, which is a pretty fun T to play
  • Bat crap Crazy heal

Im not leaning towards Musashi because:

• T9 (10), not the most fun tier to play, a lot of static, camping (which do play into the Musashi playstyle, but boring as hell).
  • I already own Missouri, which is my cash/XP cow.
  • I already own Yamato, but hardly ever play her because boring a.f. playstyle.

But i would still like to hear from someone who owns one or preferably both of these ships. I do understand the LOL-Pen factor of sailing a T9 Yamato in some T7 games, but is those few games really worth all that free XP?

Let me know what you guys think.

I have "Missouri" and "Nelson" and I will soon get my "Musashi" (have 600.,000 FreeXP right now)...

I say go with whatever you heart draws you to with your playstyle (possibly "Nelson" since you already do have "Yamato")!

Leo "Apollo11"

Sign in to follow this