You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Breeze

Tell me the Ibuki is not EDIT.

52 comments in this topic

[_HMS_]
Players
10 posts

Not a fan of Ibuki either, simply because it takes a few days to reload main guns. While all other T9 ships have reload time around 10-12s you get a nice kick in the balls with 15s (13.2 with Main battery Modification 3). The only better thing compared to Mogami is better torpedo angles so you don't have to show full broadside and 5% better AA. I'll sell it the second I can get my hands on Zao and forget about it!

• Cool 1

Players
933 posts
9,405 battles
3 hours ago, Captain_Breeze said:

How is it possible to go from the Mugami, which I totally loved, to then be awarded with the Ibuki for all your hard work.........No matter how you dress it up ....it's effing crap. 

Ibuki is actually not that bad. But because you come from good Aoba, great Myoko and excellent Mogami. It just feels horrid. I free XPed it for just that reason.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,260 posts
3,524 battles

Tell me the Ibuki is not $hit.

-im-sorry-dave-im-afraid-i-cant-do-that-

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,827 posts
10,404 battles

240cbb.jpg

*scnr*:Smile_trollface:

Tbh the Ibuki is a cruiser and that basically means you are playing the least influential class anyway but the Ibuki is especially good at that: It farms non consequential fire and HE damage from long range spam. Theoretically it can support DD-brawls with hard hitting alphas - but it dies doing that ...... and it has no Radar .......

So a game that is not decided after 18 min of HE spam? Yeah, theoretically you can influence it, but careful: There might be a scary T 7 cruiser like the Shores or Pensacola and you dont want to run into them up close and be forced melee those ........ You also dont want to fight DDs without spotting. You dont want to fight BBs ....... you cant fight a carrier .......... Yeah, you get the picture,  your main objective is to make sure even bot BBs get 3 mio potential - and 1-2 random citadels per game.

The Ibuki is still an ok ship for a shitty cruiser in general because it works and I would rate the grind as long and boring but not painful (there are other ships ...) in any way. Its just a stepping stone before the Zao and I definitely play it any day over the Ruin. 

I am personally close to buy Donnie Darko and I expect (hope) its plays like a mix of Roon and Ibuki but is better than either one in basically every aspect.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,117 battles
23 minutes ago, havaduck said:

240cbb.jpg

Blasphemy.

Heresy!

Burn the witch!!!

If you'd put a gun to my head and asked me Ibuki or Roon, I'd say Roon every single time. Hell you could just threaten me with some milk chocolate and I'd say Roon as often as it takes to get that milky crap out of my face and give me some proper dark chocolate.

Saying Roon is worse than Ibuki, something ain't right with that clopper. Been smoking to much magic hay or something *grmbl* ...

• Cool 5

[B0TS]
Players
168 posts
14,380 battles
4 hours ago, philjd said:

Hi@Captain_Breeze

Have to say that I was the other way around - just didn't get on with the Mogami (152mm version) but enjoy the Ibuki (also love the Atago) and very much looking forward to the Zao .

I use the range extension on her as I founds that without it, you tend to get blapped too easily, so yes, kiting fire spamming beast, until you get a broadside target, then AP all the way).

Hi @philjd,

I hear you man.......don't really like to long range shooting is all......and you can't get close with this baby.......cheers anyway bud. :)

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,951 battles
21 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Blasphemy.

Heresy!

Burn the witch!!!

If you'd put a gun to my head and asked me Ibuki or Roon, I'd say Roon every single time. Hell you could just threaten me with some milk chocolate and I'd say Roon as often as it takes to get that milky crap out of my face and give me some proper dark chocolate.

Saying Roon is worse than Ibuki, something ain't right with that clopper. Been smoking to much magic hay or something *grmbl* ...

Hell yeah. Ibuki is just baaaad. If a bird sh*ts on it it's a citadel. You can't show broadside because citadel. You can't turn away cos citadel. So you have to teleport in that ship if you want to survive. It's just bad.

There is only one worse grind (ever since Fuso lost stock hull :P - Member old stock Fuso? I member... First game in Ocean map...). New Orleans. That thing is absolutely crap. I could fold a ship that plays better. If I had to choose New orleans or Pepsicola for a TX battle, I would immediately pick Pepsicola. That bad is a New Orleans. Ibuki or New Orleans? Ibuki, because torps... But just merely...

But Roon... Maaan. That ship is the power of the seas. Load AP. Find something to shoot at. Shoot. Enjoy..

• Cool 1

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

considering it was my first t9 ca, i found it very good. mogami was rather shitty for me.. cause rather low range for t8 (and you get uptiered alot), no heal meant rather shitty game when enemy bb got lucky on you...

• Cool 1

Players
2,830 posts
16,901 battles
22 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

She is a good ship...

sry i find cruisers to be mostly fine but ibuki is among the ships that do not too well.

NO, Hipper; ibuki those would need some love.

so i honestly cant say its a good ship not with the competition out there

• Cool 2

Players
535 posts
6,726 battles
2 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Blasphemy.

Heresy!

Burn the witch!!!

I agree

Roon is like 1 tier up from all other T9 cruiser, 10 sec reload, 925 m/s shell vel., HE with 1/4 penetr., troll armor, 10.8 detecta., range 17.8 ( so 20.7 with range module ), 22 sec turret traverse, torepo with great arc   - just great ship - absolute best T9 cruiser 

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
2,235 posts
10,981 battles
8 hours ago, Cime said:

10 sec reload,

More heresy?:Smile-_tongue:

[AAO]
Players
401 posts
7,618 battles

Ibuki is rather boring ship and un-eventful. 

Its same 15s reload stay at range that everything from t5 onwards is ( 155 mogami isnt), you get  bored more than frustrated. I went through ibuki with reload mod to break the long range HE spamm and support mh DDs. 

[ONE2]
Players
2,825 posts
16,555 battles
15 hours ago, philjd said:

... enjoy the Ibuki (also love the Atago) ...

That's a good comparison actually, I should have thought of that - She DOES play very much like Atago now that I come to think of it, except for the torp angles of course. Good point there good Sir. Well, I just got an Atago myself quite recently so I actually got to Ibuki first. :cap_old:

[WRATH]
Players
75 posts
13,793 battles

Ibuki isnt maybe best tier 9 ship  but grinding it to get zao is worth it zao is great ship

Just play it like long range HE spammer and you will see that  it isnt too bad.Firepower of 152mm mogami is insane but ibuki can pump up good dmg too

[VION]
[VION]
Beta Tester
73 posts
6,632 battles
11 hours ago, havaduck said:

your main objective is to make sure even bot BBs get 3 mio potential - and 1-2 random citadels per game.

Wow, this is the best description of T8-9 cruisers i have ever heard! :Smile_great:

It does feel that way a lot of the time, but it does also feel great beeing the underdog and winning against a superior force. 

14 hours ago, HmS_Grimm said:

Not a fan of Ibuki either, simply because it takes a few days to reload main guns. While all other T9 ships have reload time around 10-12s you get a nice kick in the balls with 15s (13.2 with Main battery Modification 3). The only better thing compared to Mogami is better torpedo angles so you don't have to show full broadside and 5% better AA. I'll sell it the second I can get my hands on Zao and forget about it!

Imo longer reload on ibuki makes sense, as you have more guns than other cruisers with higer alpha and better fire chance.

Its obvius to me that this ship wants to be on the move, kiting and flanking.

Longer reload also mean that you have time to dodge incomming fire and turn back out to fire without too much downtime on your guns.

I do also recomend the ammo switch skill if you have one point to spare. The high alpa on the ap with better balistics than the german CAs means they can realy hurt. I find that i often switch ammo back and forth while im waiting to get to a good range/angle/opening.

I do find it fun ducking and weaving between incomming fire. BBs tend to be greedy for those citadels and one shots, so baiting their shots with a bit too much side often makes them shoot short when you turn away the second you see them fire, means they will miss their shots 100% of the time 80% of the time :cap_like:

Also i have found that if you manage to dodge 2-3 salvos without taking to much damage, most BB players give upp and find a different target. Giving you freedom to focus on shooting for a time.

But this is the way I managed to get to zao without freexp my way. I would say its an ok ship.

Players
933 posts
9,405 battles
On 2/6/2018 at 10:32 AM, RAHJAILARI said:

That's a good comparison actually, I should have thought of that - She DOES play very much like Atago now that I come to think of it, except for the torp angles of course. Good point there good Sir. Well, I just got an Atago myself quite recently so I actually got to Ibuki first.

Yes. In order to make a tier.9 cruiser, WG have gone two different ways. In Ibuki (and more or less in Baltimore), they took Tier.8 ship and gave it some higher tier features. So Ibuki is Atago on steroids. In Roon (and Donskoie) WG went different direction, they took tier.10 ship and reduced some of its properties. So Roon is Hindenburg with-out one turret.

This also explanes why Ibuki and Baltimore is considered "hard grind", because Ibuki is only a tier.9 ship, when you can use its higher tier properties, if you can not, it is tier.8 ship in tier.9 MM. Roon in the other hand is always tier.9 ship, but certain situations it will perform like tier.10 ship.

[O-P-C]
Players
408 posts
8,855 battles
On 2/5/2018 at 3:17 PM, Captain_Breeze said:

How is it possible to go from the Mugami, which I totally loved, to then be awarded with the Ibuki for all your hard work.........No matter how you dress it up ....it's effing crap. Rant over  :Smile-angry:

This is going to be my worst grind to date, in my opinion.:Smile_sad:

Ok, that feels better now that I've shared this.....:Smile_sceptic:

ibuki si more of the same and everything uptiered ,so while everything around it starts to shine and becomes menacing deadly -bbs ,dds , cvs,    ibuki becomes from a leopard into a small mouse ,and treat it like that and youll manage .

Beta Tester
467 posts
13,407 battles

Ibuki is good, however MM is crap.

I find it good, but seldom have anything else than BB heavy tier 10 games in it. When most tier 10 games have 2 BB for each cruiser, its often targeted as soon as its spotted by all BB in range.

Its really dependent on good spotters and bad enemy teams to shine.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,594 posts
11,921 battles
On 22-2-2018 at 1:58 PM, mariouus said:

This also explanes why Ibuki and Baltimore is considered "hard grind"

Ibuki I can understand, but why the Baltimore? It's an amazing ship! I kept it after I got the DM, and with the "elite XP" I have now, I could unlock the DM twice...

Players
933 posts
9,405 battles
On 2/23/2018 at 7:06 PM, lup3s said:

buki I can understand, but why the Baltimore? It's an amazing ship! I kept it after I got the DM, and with the "elite XP" I have now, I could unlock the DM twice...

Well, I do not consider it fun. Baltimore has slow shell, so I can not really react to enemy screw-ups. And I think that this ship is less than ideal for solo play.It is more like a ship that can do well in division, where division mates can even out its weakneses. 

Roon is powerful and fun in solo. Donskoie is very fun in solo, less powerful, but more fun than Roon.

Beta Tester
803 posts
4,376 battles

One of my best games ever, where I won 1v7 (abeit by points and cap control), was in an Ibuki.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

On 2/5/2018 at 11:24 PM, Cime said:

Zao and Ibuki is not a front line cruisers, and Ibuki is absolutely NOT front line cruiser - with Zao you can get some action because of his trolish armor  but if you will use reload module on him your turret traverse will be so bad that you will have a lot of problems dealing with multiple or fast close targets - that's why I adore my Hindi, he is "king of none but master of all" :)  he can be a distant spammer and he can be a close quarter beast ..

I thought Hindi had paper armour and a magnetic citadel that automatically attracts BB AP?

Beta Tester
4,028 posts
15,992 battles

I only have a couple games in th Ibuki under my belt yet, but for me the Ibuki is a great step forward from the Mogami.

At least the range is big enough to stay were she is supposed to be - behind the BBs.  :Smile_great:

Players
6,505 posts
8,569 battles
On 6.02.2018 at 12:10 AM, Cime said:

I agree

Roon is like 1 tier up from all other T9 cruiser, 10 sec reload, 925 m/s shell vel., HE with 1/4 penetr., troll armor, 10.8 detecta., range 17.8 ( so 20.7 with range module ), 22 sec turret traverse, torepo with great arc   - just great ship - absolute best T9 cruiser 

And has turret layout effectively crippling any offensive actions where return fire is expected:Smile_smile:

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,488 posts
6,713 battles
22 hours ago, mariouus said:

Well, I do not consider it fun. Baltimore has slow shell, so I can not really react to enemy screw-ups.

So does Des moines but for some reason people like it, when the only actual difference between the two ships is that the DM fires faster. I often confused the two because when I died in one I immediately jumped into the other one instead of waiting. Pretty soon I couldn't tell which one I was in