Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Breeze

Tell me the Ibuki is not EDIT.

52 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[B0TS]
Players
163 posts
13,746 battles

How is it possible to go from the Mugami, which I totally loved, to then be awarded with the Ibuki for all your hard work.........No matter how you dress it up ....it's effing crap. Rant over  :Smile-angry:

 

This is going to be my worst grind to date, in my opinion.:Smile_sad:

 

Ok, that feels better now that I've shared this.....:Smile_sceptic:

 

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
2,785 posts
16,080 battles

Weel, I have kept them both and have no problems with her. She is basically just an upgraded Mogami with heal. Little punchier 203mm guns with extra range, little punchier torps with the same  crappy firing angles and slightly less prone to getting insta-blapped but that's all. Certainly not a super-ship but decent enough. I find her quite all right for my tastes, however she IS somewhat less agile and has a bigger turning circle tho, so that requires a bit of practice (be prepared to hit a few unforeseen islands you could have easily evaded in a Mogami). :cap_old:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles

When a BB faces an Ibuki there are 2 kinds of outcomes - a few overpens for basically no dmg or instant deletion. As frustrating as it can be going up against good Ibukis - there's not much the Ibuki can do about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,488 posts
6,713 battles

It's not bad but it isn't good either....it's a support ship that can't do much without its own support....it's a grind

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
2,785 posts
16,080 battles
2 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

When a BB faces an Ibuki there are 2 kinds of outcomes - a few overpens for basically no dmg or instant deletion. As frustrating as it can be going up against good Ibukis - there's not much the Ibuki can do about it

True all dat, but anyways, the outcome will be the same with the Mogami too. So just play it like you would a Mogami and it will be OK. :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B0TS]
Players
163 posts
13,746 battles
17 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Little punchier 203mm guns with extra range

But way slower reload with less guns.....

 

17 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

little punchier torps

Which means getting in closer defeating the purpose of long range guns, when I get in close.....deletion every time.

6 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

there are 2 kinds of outcomes

Ha ha, yes there is deletion or near deletion.

 

4 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

So just play it like you would a Mogami and it will be OK.

I went in closer to the action with the Mogami...sure I got deleted occasionally, but no where near as much as the Ibuki......everyone has ships they hate, this must be mine.......ho hum.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
2,785 posts
16,080 battles
30 minutes ago, Captain_Breeze said:

I went in closer to the action with the Mogami...sure I got deleted occasionally, but no where near as much as the Ibuki......everyone has ships the hate, this must be mine.......ho hum.

The chief issue is actually not so much the ship itself. The issue is that as a tier 9, you get the awesome privilege of playing in wide open maps with no cover lots more than before and that's where the problems begin... :Smile-angry:

 

Rate of fire is about the same than Mogami's own 203mm guns but lemme guess, you had the 155's eh? Smaller guns will, of course fire faster. :Smile_smile:

 

I guess the main thing to remember with Ibuki, is that generally you have to keep your distance. So you have to get used to long range gunfire and use that range to your best advantage. You can still go close and use torps, but due to the open maps-thingy those opportunities will be fewer.:cap_win:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,056 posts
15,733 battles

Doesn't Ibuki have one of the longest ranges of all cruisers with serviceable arcs and flight time to boot? So just sit back, dodge and spam HE. She worked just fine for me this way.

 

Though to be fair it's been a long long time since I last touched her. As in "she used to be the cruiser with the largest stealth firing window"-long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
535 posts
6,302 battles

Ibuki vs Mogami - Ibuki have range module + heal   hmmmmmmmm  I would say it's much better ship but you probably need to change your gameplay, be as far as you can and spam HE and when you got to much focus on you just stop shooting and use your ultra low detectability ...

 

or if it is not ship for you than it's not - Zao will use same tactics so get use to it or you will have hard time, I bought Baltimore 2 days ago and spend 67.000 free xp and almost 30 milion cred to get hull and 10 sec turrets and man do I hate that ship and gameplay I have to use for her, I wanted to try her and get grinding to DM - BUT coming from my beloved Hindi I just can not do it, it's not me, I hate every single bit of Baltimore -- to me even Roon is like 3 tier better ship, I'am nervous even thinking about Baltimore atm :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,362 posts
10,835 battles

Ibuki is a solid ship, just entirely unimaginative to play.

 

Great concealment might look encouraging to play more aggressively and back up allied DDs by providing a smashing 10 gun IJN 203 HE in the face of contesting enemy DDs, but the simply matter of fact is an Ibuki doing that won't survive for long if anyone on the enemy team has a line of fire and solid aim.

 

Only thing the Ibuki is really good at is a long, drawn out attrition fight, chipping away at targets. A pure kiting machine in the current BB heavy hightier meta. Boring to play imo, but not bad it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B0TS]
Players
163 posts
13,746 battles
24 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

The main issue is actually not so much the ship itself. The issue is that as a tier 9, you get the awesome privilege of playing in wide open maps with no cover lots more than before and that's where the problems begin... :Smile-angry:

 

Rate of fire is about the same than Mogami's own 203mm guns but lemme guess, you had the 155's eh? Smaller guns will, of course fire faster. :Smile_smile:

 

I guess the main thing to remember with Ibuki, is that generally you have to keep your distance. So you have to get used to long range gunfire and use that range to your best advantage. You can still go close and use torps, but due to the open maps-thingy those opportunities will be fewer.:cap_win:

 

5 minutes ago, Cime said:

Ibuki vs Mogami - Ibuki have range module + heal   hmmmmmmmm  I would say it's much better ship but you probably need to change your gameplay, be as far as you can and spam HE and when you got to much focus on you just stop shooting and use your ultra low detectability ...

 

or if it is not ship for you than it's not - Zao will use same tactics so get use to it or you will have hard time, I bought Baltimore 2 days ago and spend 67.000 free xp and almost 30 milion cred to get hull and 10 sec turrets and man do I hate that ship and gameplay I have to use for her, I wanted to try her and get grinding to DM - BUT coming from my beloved Hindi I just can not do it, it's not me, I hate every single bit of Baltimore -- to me even Roon is like 3 tier better ship, I'am nervous even thinking about Baltimore atm :( 

Yes guys, I had the 155's on the Mogami with IFHE.....sooooo that felt good.

 

I need to stay back........but then folk will say I'm camping, and I prefer to get into the action.......The open maps are a thing too.....Style change I suppose, but long range shooting is boring.......not my style, but I want the Zao soo needs must....thanks though. :Smile_honoring:

 

I had the Baltimore, she's ok, but the Des Moines is delicious, 2 different breeds imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
655 posts
7,980 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Breeze said:

How is it possible to go from the Mugami, which I totally loved, to then be awarded with the Ibuki for all your hard work.........No matter how you dress it up ....it's effing crap. Rant over  :Smile-angry:

 

This is going to be my worst grind to date, in my opinion.:Smile_sad:

 

Ok, that feels better now that I've shared this.....:Smile_sceptic:

 

 

She is the same as Atago but with all the tubes firing aft. As long as you are kiting and drifting in and out of detection she plays very well. Slightly heavier AA is also nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
535 posts
6,302 battles

Zao and Ibuki is not a front line cruisers, and Ibuki is absolutely NOT front line cruiser - with Zao you can get some action because of his trolish armor  but if you will use reload module on him your turret traverse will be so bad that you will have a lot of problems dealing with multiple or fast close targets - that's why I adore my Hindi, he is "king of none but master of all" :)  he can be a distant spammer and he can be a close quarter beast ..

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
889 posts
8,385 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Breeze said:

How is it possible to go from the Mugami, which I totally loved, to then be awarded with the Ibuki for all your hard work.........No matter how you dress it up ....it's effing crap. Rant over  :Smile-angry:

 

This is going to be my worst grind to date, in my opinion.:Smile_sad:

 

Ok, that feels better now that I've shared this.....:Smile_sceptic:

 

I did have some bad times grinding it too, though the heal was a major upgrade compared to the Mogami.

Zao is worth the grind though so, patience....

And only play it as a long range spammer, doesnt work in close quarters combat for me.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[F_D]
Alpha Tester
1,194 posts
5,297 battles

Any CA T9+ is primary targe for all enemy BBs unless a DD is spotted.

 

So you have to cope with that and present the least enticing target by either being far away, having a poor angle to aim at and shifting your course often between unfavourable angles or all of the before mentioned in combination.

 

Also watch the firing timers of BBs that can shoot at you. Pop in and out of stealth until they are bored trying to target you.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B0TS]
Players
163 posts
13,746 battles
53 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Ibuki is a solid ship, just entirely unimaginative to play.

 

Great concealment might look encouraging to play more aggressively and back up allied DDs by providing a smashing 10 gun IJN 203 HE in the face of contesting enemy DDs, but the simply matter of fact is an Ibuki doing that won't survive for long if anyone on the enemy team has a line of fire and solid aim.

 

Only thing the Ibuki is really good at is a long, drawn out attrition fight, chipping away at targets. A pure kiting machine in the current BB heavy hightier meta. Boring to play imo, but not bad it.

I would agree.......boring to play.:fish_sleep:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
984 posts
5,061 battles

Play her as a long range he spammer and give plenty of lead. Worked for me, though I still disliked her. Air drag slows the shells considerably, but it is easy to get undetected if you want to. Look forward to the zao though. Now that is a great ship. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VION]
[VION]
Beta Tester
69 posts
6,510 battles

My tactic with all the ijn cruisers is to sail to just outside spottingrange of the enemy force/BBs then turn around unspotted and start shooting while kiting away.

 

Kiting is an essential skill in ijn cruisers, and ibuki is the one ship in the line that is most punished for not mastering this skill because of the open maps and accurate BBs.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
143 posts
8,220 battles

It's been a while since I played it (2 years ago or more), but loved the Mogami with those godly pre-nerf 19km-range 155s and pretty much hated the Ibuki grind, only to get to the Zao and love that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,286 posts
6,387 battles

Never got to T9 in IJN CAs, but I felt that way kind of when I went from Furutaka to Aoba. Nice gun reload buff, but worse MM and those torp angles...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,732 posts
6,135 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_Breeze said:

How is it possible to go from the Mugami, which I totally loved, to then be awarded with the Ibuki for all your hard work.........No matter how you dress it up ....it's effing crap. Rant over  :Smile-angry:

 

This is going to be my worst grind to date, in my opinion.:Smile_sad:

 

Ok, that feels better now that I've shared this.....:Smile_sceptic:

 

Hi@Captain_Breeze

 

Have to say that I was the other way around - just didn't get on with the Mogami (152mm version) but enjoy the Ibuki (also love the Atago) and very much looking forward to the Zao .

I use the range extension on her as I founds that without it, you tend to get blapped too easily, so yes, kiting fire spamming beast, until you get a broadside target, then AP all the way).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×