Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HrS_Sylar

Steven Seagal?

17 comments in this topic

Question

16 answers to this question

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

The official answer from Tuccy for this

On 27.12.2017 at 10:02 AM, Tuccy said:

There might be a chance to get the special captains again in the future. Or there might be a chance to get new captains with similar effects - difficult to see, always in motion is the future... ;)

Steven Seagal has the added baggage of partnership conditions, so it is more complicated, however we know there is demand for special captains, incl. him. And in fact...On WG Fest you were able to see a preview of one currently int he works for the French tree.

The new French captain he is talking about is already listed in the english wiki:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Unique_Commanders

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,175 posts
5,047 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Looks like Seagal gets patched out of the game.

To be more precise, he is renamed and his portrait changes.

That will allow WG to put him back in the game without legal issues.

So I'd say his chances to come back has increased with this change !!

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,732 posts
6,135 battles
1 hour ago, HrS_Sylar said:

Will he be available to obtain in the future? Any words of it?

The short answer is.. no, longer answer is, who knows, at some stage WG might decide to agree with Mr Seagal that they can run another such campaign. Perhaps when (if) they bring the Missouri back to the game (which is off their agenda currently, having just taken it out to be replaced by the Musashi).

Keep your fingers crossed and watch this space in a couple of years time is probably as good as it gets.

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles

At one point in the future I see WG getting the bright idea that they can sell special captains for irl monies ... (not so difficult to see the future is) 

But I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for it ... 

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,287 posts
7,595 battles

since its non fictional character, it all depends on the contract between Steven Seagal and WG...which we have no idea about.

mind you, same thing happen with ARP , the contract is over, so those things more likely will never came back (according to WG)

so its not possible to answer OP question

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,175 posts
5,047 battles

I'm going to be less pessimist than other posters. 

It is not impossible but it is highly unlikely : collaboration between WG and Seagall is over.

Nevertheless, special and legendary commanders are a thing WG wants to develop so if Steven doesn't come back, another commander could arrive for the US ...

• Cool 1

[WOWS]
[WOWS]
Players
238 posts
13,108 battles

I am so glad, for having 2 of them :) I would rent out one if would be possible!

[CROHR]
Players
25 posts
9,391 battles

Nice WG you ruin my ship, i put captain Steven Seagal on my tir 8 ship, you now runin him with crap off captain John Doe, i like   Steven Seagal  in his films  SO I WANT HIM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Players
66 posts

Jingles did a video on this recently. It seems Segal has had a slew of sexual assault claims against him in recent years and one more recently. Of course the leftist media are keeping it quiet. But I dont blame WG for wanting to cut ties with him.. especially seeing as they are currently promoting womens day

[CATS]
Players
17,829 posts
11,758 battles
1 hour ago, Rooke_1704 said:

Jingles did a video on this recently. It seems Segal has had a slew of sexual assault claims against him in recent years and one more recently. Of course the leftist media are keeping it quiet. But I dont blame WG for wanting to cut ties with him.. especially seeing as they are currently promoting womens day

Yeah, they are keeping it so quite that it is all over the news? What are you reading? Times from 1899?

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
On 5.2.2018 at 11:50 AM, HrS_Sylar said:

Will he be available to obtain in the future? Any words of it?

We are running a contest in the Newcomer and Q&A section so if you could do us the favor of choosing what you think is the best answer in this thread we would be eternally grateful :Smile_medal:

Quality Poster
1,676 posts
8,660 battles
On 2/7/2018 at 12:28 PM, NoirLotus said:

To be more precise, he is renamed and his portrait changes.

That will allow WG to put him back in the game without legal issues.

So I'd say his chances to come back has increased with this change !!

Agree, but, just to clarify, under a different name.

So, yes, you might be able to obtain John Doe at some point, with the same skills, but we'll never have Steven Seagal (or his image) in the game again.

It is a waste of time and effort to keep content restricted to the lucky few who were around when it was able to obtain it.

Aside from explicit promises not to (Alpha and Beta rewards), OP ships (looking at you, Kitakami), and special rewards (USS Black), they will probably make items available again at some point.

Sign in to follow this