Jump to content
  • 0
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anonym_xoVCh3ghW9FC

Revert game to its three days ago status

15 comments in this topic

Question

Players
12 posts

Hi there,

 

I am playing for couple of months for fun. Somehow I ended up to be close to buy Bismark. I did some research based on information provided by the game itself and I was pretty dissapointed by Bismark comparing to Gneisenau.

 

Then, suddenly I had my insane moment and sold Gneisenau just to buy Bismark. What a terrible mistake. The horror. I end up all my credits on repairing Bismark after each game because it costs too much then I earn. Now, if I am solding it I will get back 50%. Not enough to buy back Gneisenau with all its upgrades and improvements.

 

So, is there a way I can revert the game to what it was 4 days ago? I am having few premium days left. I will be more than happy to give away some of them just to revert the game to the moment before buying Bismark. 

 

I searched all files on my computer and find none that would sound like a game save history.

 

Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles

I advice you to stay around 8-10km from the action playing the Bismarck and build your ship to get max out of your secondaries since this is one of the big traits with the higher tier German BBs, also from this distance you have a better overview of the battle itself and can cover more "ground" in the start of the game, as the game progress you can decide if a closer approach is a more valid tactic ... but in the start of the round you are of little or no help to your team if you rush into action with this ship.

 

Wait for the DDs to spot the enemy and try to hit other BBs in the superstructure with AP if they are angled or waterline if they are broadsided, also alsays go for the superstructure on german BBs since their citadels are near impossible to hit

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Beta Tester
5,234 posts
2,939 battles
2 minutes ago, sebdea said:

I searched all files on my computer and find none that would sound like a game save history.

 

That's... not how online games work xD
No, it's not possible as far as I know. On some games, the support might be kind enough to make the operation for you, but I doubt this is WG's style (worth asking but don't get your hopes up).
I'm afraid the one way is to grind money for Gneiseneau again. That's basically the only choice you have. Just play a lower tier, earn money, and when you have enough, buy Gneis. Other than that... not much choices I'm afraid.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[PUPSI]
Privateer
7,544 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, sebdea sagte:

I searched all files on my computer and find none that would sound like a game save history.

 

and if there were local save games any manipulation would be cheating...

 

Vor 1 Stunde, LastButterfly sagte:

Just play a lower tier, earn money, and when you have enough, buy Gneis. Other than that... not much choices I'm afraid.

 

the main reason why he doesn't make enough credits (independet from his skills) might be that he plays coop...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
492 posts
9,693 battles

I don't think WG will reset your game state.

 

You either have to get better with the Bismarck, so you will earn money. Or you have to sail another ship of lower tier to earn enough money for a new Gneisenau.

Usually you should not lose money playing a T8.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
502 posts
12,135 battles

Why do you play Co-op so much ? You should try to play exclusively Random (PvP) battles. Co-op games don't teach you how to play. At the contrary, it gives you bad habits because the bots don't play at all like humans, they just rush you mindlessly and shoot, starting with the DDs.

And Co-op battles will make you lose silver (Tiers 7+).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles

There is no game save you can revert back to in this game, what is done is done ... 

 

Protip: This is why you should never sell a ship to buy another or never sell any ships at all for that matter ... it is just bad economy thus better to wait and grind the next ship

 

And of course as mentioned, play more random battles, it yields more money and you will progress faster up the ranks ... and last but not least it way more fun than battling mindless bots all day

 

Good luck Captain :Smile_child:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
12 posts

Well, as I said I am playing it for fun. Because of that my aiming is poor. I got a solution to install a mod for aiming which make aiming easy but lots of math. Which I did not mind. However, when I went to that website my AV warned me of website being insecure. So I drop it.

 

The only solution as most people recommended, the only logical solution was to practice a lot. So, while I do love playing in Random batles I found it quite difficult to make a way since it looks like most of the people there have an absolutely powerful aiming skils. Secondly, I am mostly ending being sunk in first couple of minutes. Somehow, very rare I manage to play with a unite team. Mostly the game starts like: Hey, let's go cap A or B. By the time I reach that point either the battle is taking place on other area, or I found myself alone in the middle of an aramda while the rest of the team is running back. Then, by the time the game is nearly to its eand all I see are comments as: stupid team, stupid idiots etc. Well, I am not in a mood to be insulted especially that no one ever took in charge the team and made a strategy. It is a game for God's sake.

 

On the other hand I love playing weekely missions as in there somehow we receive clear goals and we mostly play as a team. I am doing it aceptable. Usually I am sunk but  I manage to sunk two maybe three ships before that.

 

In this week's mission I even managed to stay alive until the end and I sunk 5 ships. Two of them were tranporting ships.

 

Another think I have to change is the way I am playing with Bismark. I used to play very close with Gneisenau in order to torp enemy ships. Now, I found myself in deep trouble when fighting against a Kii BB or a Schnarhorst BB or even Gneisenau.

 

I  did not even keep many ships on my account. I only have one DD tier V, a York cruiser and now... Bismark. All are from Germany.

 

So, as you see I am not even an average player. I just love this game comparing with its Android version where shooting first is the main strategy. Nothing else. I am pretty sure that once I will master aiming at a decent level I will find it quite interesting. At this stage wearing all the time a bullseye on my ship when playing Random battles is simply not that relaxing nor fun. Not to mention that practicing is almost impossible.

 

Anyway was worth to ask. Thank you all for your time and answers. And by the way cheating is not my goal in this game.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
2,442 battles
4 hours ago, ulysses_nemo said:

Why do you play Co-op so much ? You should try to play exclusively Random (PvP) battles. Co-op games don't teach you how to play. At the contrary, it gives you bad habits because the bots don't play at all like humans, they just rush you mindlessly and shoot, starting with the DDs.

And Co-op battles will make you lose silver (Tiers 7+).

Maybe because of personal preference? Random, particularly in this game, is maybe one of the worst gaming experiences you can have (this is completly my opinion though, feel free to disagree, but don´t start to discuss this with me). Salty players, bad players, RNG influence everywhere. In most games, you basically find two types of players: those who play, what they call it, "for fun", in other words, ignoring the minimap, ignoring their ships role, ignoring match developement and only caring about their ships paintjobs, and the uberambitious players, mostly playing some cheesy ships with cheesy playstyles, annoying the hell out of anybody around.

Bots don´t play like human players, agreed with that, and they also don´t behave like them. If you sink them, they don´t complain. If they sink you, they don´t post stupid comments. They rush, yes, but they are at least somewhat "active" and prevent a campy gameplay. They might act stupid from the perspective of an experienced player, but against inexperienced/bad players, they are by far more efficient than maybe 2/3 of the bad players you usually have in your team. For example, the average Bot-Scharnhorst/Tirpitz will usually try to come into torpedo- and brawling range, where those ships are pretty dangerous. A bad player in one of those ships will try to snipe at max range and is more likely to torpedo one of his allies, than one of the red team...

It usually takes me to play one game in random, to remind me why i haven´t played it for weeks or months.

 

Regarding the OPs issue. Keep the Bismarck. Try to earn money otherwise. If necessary and no other way available, rebuy one of the tier 1 ships and grind to a ship of mid tier, that might be of interest to you, and use it as a credit maker. If you want to stick to PvE play, get something usefull for operations and use those to make money. The Bismarck is an absolutely fine ship, once fully upgraded. It´s just not a money maker in Coop...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
12 posts
5 minutes ago, Vaderan said:

Maybe because of personal preference? Random, particularly in this game, is maybe one of the worst gaming experiences you can have (this is completly my opinion though, feel free to disagree, but don´t start to discuss this with me). Salty players, bad players, RNG influence everywhere. In most games, you basically find two types of players: those who play, what they call it, "for fun", in other words, ignoring the minimap, ignoring their ships role, ignoring match developement and only caring about their ships paintjobs, and the uberambitious players, mostly playing some cheesy ships with cheesy playstyles, annoying the hell out of anybody around.

Bots don´t play like human players, agreed with that, and they also don´t behave like them. If you sink them, they don´t complain. If they sink you, they don´t post stupid comments. They rush, yes, but they are at least somewhat "active" and prevent a campy gameplay. They might act stupid from the perspective of an experienced player, but against inexperienced/bad players, they are by far more efficient than maybe 2/3 of the bad players you usually have in your team. For example, the average Bot-Scharnhorst/Tirpitz will usually try to come into torpedo- and brawling range, where those ships are pretty dangerous. A bad player in one of those ships will try to snipe at max range and is more likely to torpedo one of his allies, than one of the red team...

It usually takes me to play one game in random, to remind me why i haven´t played it for weeks or months.

 

Regarding the OPs issue. Keep the Bismarck. Try to earn money otherwise. If necessary and no other way available, rebuy one of the tier 1 ships and grind to a ship of mid tier, that might be of interest to you, and use it as a credit maker. If you want to stick to PvE play, get something usefull for operations and use those to make money. The Bismarck is an absolutely fine ship, once fully upgraded. It´s just not a money maker in Coop...

Well, I admit I am in the first type of players. However, as suggested in another post of mine I had to play more active. I admit that sometimes if not all the time I am so focused on pursuing a ship or a goal that I found myself in deep trouble. I am way ahead my team and in the middle of enemy armada. So, perhaps I misunderstood the recommendation to not just stay at the border of map and trying to snipe enemy ships but to get into action and help my team. However, as you said Random games are sometimes full of haters. I am so surprised when the enemy team is so focused and so unite. So, from my perpective it is really too bad that an experienced player is just assuming that all other players are dumb instead of using his/her experince to lead the team and to organise atack. They are just blaiming other players. I guess it is much more simple than to admit they did nothing for the team.  While some of you are playing for months if not years, others are just discover the game and its features.

 

Thank you for your advise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
204 posts
329 battles

Obvious campaign statpading is to obvious. WG should really look up accounts that haw primarly extensive co-op battle history for bot use. 

my-father-voted-republican-until-the-day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[SM0KE]
Players
3,067 posts
7,531 battles

OP: as others have mentioned, playing in randoms tends to generate significantly more silver than playing Co-op mode.

If you aren't keen on randoms, for the reasons you outlined, might I suggest playing your random battles only using up to T4 ships (and ideally, premiums, if you have any available); you only face +1 MM, so it's a bit easier to make a decent fist of it, even if your team-mates are not being entirely effective. If you can do a reasonable bit of damage, you'll probably generate more silver than you would have in a Co-op battle a couple of tiers higher.

 

The other approach is to play the various scenario missions repeatedly; although you won't get the rewards after the first time you achieve a given number of stars, you will continue to earn rather more silver than a typical Co-op game provides.

 

The final option, obviously, is to throw lots of money at the problem i.e. buy premium account and lots of premium ships. I wouldn't suggest this, unless you are enormously rich and/or time poor though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
12 posts
1 hour ago, Verblonde said:

OP: as others have mentioned, playing in randoms tends to generate significantly more silver than playing Co-op mode.

If you aren't keen on randoms, for the reasons you outlined, might I suggest playing your random battles only using up to T4 ships (and ideally, premiums, if you have any available); you only face +1 MM, so it's a bit easier to make a decent fist of it, even if your team-mates are not being entirely effective. If you can do a reasonable bit of damage, you'll probably generate more silver than you would have in a Co-op battle a couple of tiers higher.

 

The other approach is to play the various scenario missions repeatedly; although you won't get the rewards after the first time you achieve a given number of stars, you will continue to earn rather more silver than a typical Co-op game provides.

 

The final option, obviously, is to throw lots of money at the problem i.e. buy premium account and lots of premium ships. I wouldn't suggest this, unless you are enormously rich and/or time poor though!

Thank you. After watching several YouTube videos on aiming, I start playing Random battles in order to practise what I saw in there. Still not one of the major player in my team. Yet, on my last battle I managed to sunk three ships. One of them was a Kii BB in a one on one fight. The other two ships were already damaged but still need some firing from me. So, in the end it is not as bad as it looks except for language and injuries some players tend to use if they loose a battle. I remember couple of days that one player had made 180+K damage and he was complaining of loosing batle. Though, I do not recall him taking the lead of the team. He was also complaining of me running as far away as I could because of a Yamato chasing me. That Yamato and a cruiser were chasing me half the map. Despite I tried to get to the rest of the team hopping to get some help it was in avail. 

 

As for how many times a player would play in Co-Op battle I do not recall of any restrictions. In fact, there were instances when I met in there Tier 9 BB  farming some free XP.

 

Thank you all for your support.

 

Sebastian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[SM0KE]
Players
3,067 posts
7,531 battles
2 minutes ago, sebdea said:

 

As for how many times a player would play in Co-Op battle I do not recall of any restrictions. In fact, there were instances when I met in there Tier 9 BB  farming some free XP.

 

 

I don't believe there are any particular restrictions on playing Co-op; as far as I know, they're effectively like randoms, only with fewer ships per side, and (obviously) the opposition are bots who mirror your own team's makeup.

I nearly always make use of Co-op to try out any new ships I've just got my hands on, as well as using the mode to grind more essential modules that need unlocking; this, regardless of tier of the ship in question.

 

The main reasons to, possibly, consider not playing PvE the entire time include things like greater variety (bots tend to be predictable, as well as having more ships per side increases possible permutations), as well as greater xp and silver gains. Quite a lot of the periodic missions with the better rewards often require one to play randoms too (e.g. the recent North Cape thing), although there aren't usually too many for lower tiers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
6,142 posts
8,353 battles

You can't sustain higher tier ships purely by playing coop or by playing badly in randoms. Its core of base economy, which works since 2010 in World of Tanks, and this scheme is copied to other games.

There is no limit to coop battles, I do play coop myself just for occasional lols, but its by design to be even less profitable than randoms. Operations are another barrel of fish as well, on victories players can earn considerable amount of credits and exp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×