You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jaguarxjs89

HMS Fiji research cost

49 comments in this topic

Players
8 posts
1,149 battles

Why does the tech tree say 70000 XP needed to research the ship yet when I try to research it I need 82000?

I am new to the game and can't figure this out

thanks

[DAVY]
Players
2,535 posts
1 hour ago, Jaguarxjs89 said:

Why does the tech tree say 70000 XP needed to research the ship yet when I try to research it I need 82000?

thanks

Prepare for a torrid time if that isn't happening already......ltp before you go any higher. :Smile_facepalm:

[NWP]
Players
5,387 posts
6,781 battles
2 hours ago, Jaguarxjs89 said:

thanks

Id advice u not to do it. U have very limited experience till now - only 265 games in Randoms. You are a liability to your team, especially the higher tiers u go.

Play T3-T5, try different lines/classes to learn what u can/cant do.

- Your Survivabilty is low

- Your avg damage is very low

- Your main battery hitratio is pretty low aswell.

Im not quite sure what to make of this, are u rushing in and die? The other option is, u stay in the back where u wont hit anything....

Things u need to improve:

- Either be less aggessive or more aggressive (not sure which it is)

- Try to aim better, shoot broadside targets, u can hit more shells.This will let u deal more damage.

- Probably u are showing broadside to the enemies also all the time (i assume) learn about angling.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
996 posts
7,695 battles

Fair comment. I was speaking from a position of being a fairly experienced and competent cruiser captain.

Dat average damage...

• Cool 2

Players
4,085 posts
7,017 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Dat average damage...

He peaks at T II-TIII. Thats hard to do, concidering, how low HP the ships have there.:cap_fainting:

1 hour ago, bushwacker001 said:

The worse thing is OP isn't even playing the tiers, he is free xp'ing from his 3 premium ships which he also plays very badly.

Ofc. Must go fast through all the crap ships. Dreaming of the T X - thats finaly an awesome ride! When one can finaly show the real awesomeness of ones skillz.

@Jaguarxjs89 while we sound a little harsh, granted, Id like you to take our advise seriously - stay at T3 max. for the moment and learn how to aim, learn the game mechanics, learn how to angle and so on. A "better" ship on a highter tier will help you nothing. You know why? Everyone else in the red team has better ships aswell. All that will happen, is, that they delete you even faster. Take my word for it. If you want more help, feel free to ask. Im sure ppl will help you out. Also, the British Cruisers are overall pretty hard to play. You might be better of for the start with an other line. French or Russian f.e.

• Cool 2

Players
2,170 posts

Without playing the Leander, learning how to be effective in it and gaining Captain exp you will really, really struggle with the Fiji.

It's a damn good ship, but the lessons learned from Leander are vital to being useful in the Fiji. Leander is a great ship with a lot of potential when you learn how to play it well.

Do NOT FreeXP to high tiers you will just die fast and do no damage.

• Cool 1

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles

The British cruiser line is one of the hardest lines to play in the game, but it's also a very rewarding line to play. However, that's only if you learn how to play them well enough, since they're extremely fragile ships.

Key points:

• Figure out what your exit strategy is BEFORE you enter any situation. Since you're a very fragile ship, you need to be able to skedaddle if (or more likely when) you need to.
  • Learn how and when to use your smokes. You should go through most of them in most matches. If you don't, you're probably sitting behind islands, or in rare occasions, taking a DD role when there are none. Or you've messed up.
  • Most of the time when you sit in smoke, you want to have hydro active. Everyone likes to torpedo smokes, so be prepared for that.
  • Don't sit still, whether in smoke or behind islands. People can figure out where you are, and sitting still only makes you an easier target. Move back and forth all the time, but keep within cover.
  • Never show broadside to anything. Even DDs can citadel you, and it's usually not worth it to get a torpedo salvo off.
  • Don't fire if you don't have an exit strategy and you're not spotted.
  • Broadside cruiser you should at the waterline. DDs you shoot centre mass. BBs and angled cruisers you should in the superstructure or upper belt.
  • Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,535 posts

This is an amusing thread.....We have a truly, shall we say inexperienced, new player (we all were at the start OP so no offence) pushing up too far and too quickly and heading for the 'quit' door very soon probably.

On one hand we have realists telling the OP to stop and go back a few tiers and learn the game and on the other we have experienced players who, a few weeks ago would be saying the same in no uncertain terms....now they are supplying 'helpful' answers to encourage the OP into certain doom in the hope of earning a new ship or something in a 'who's the top nice bloke' competition. :Smile_teethhappy:  funny.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BS4]
Players
957 posts
5,843 battles

What a surprise!!!:Smile_sceptic:

Don't blame OP...  blame WG.

Its a perfect example of how we have the mess up at mid/ higher tiers at the moment because you CAN do exactly what op is doing...

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles
44 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

now they are supplying 'helpful' answers to encourage the OP into certain doom in the hope of earning a new ship or something in a 'who's the top nice bloke' competition. :Smile_teethhappy:  funny.

This is not the Newcomers section ("Gameplay -> Q&A" not "Newcomers Section -> Newcomer Questions"), as far as rules have been stated - that contest doesn't apply here. So give it a rest, don't bother being all to nice and tell him the truth

@Jaguarxjs89 Get your newbie gluteus maximus back to low tiers and learn to play. Stop free-xp-ing your way through everything, you are clearly clueless and all you're doing with that is putting yourself against more and more seasoned players. Stop playing premiums like Hood, Dunkerque and Warspite - they are far too advanced for you. Guess what's the common trait those 3 share? They are too high tier for you. Also - pick an easier line to play, RN CLs and CVs have way higher skill floor, a newbie like you will do nothing but fail in them.

And here, use this:

https://wows-numbers.com/player/551251036,Jaguarxjs89/

You can track your progress to see if you're doing something correctly. Also YouTube and Twitch - free time while not playing? Go learn some basics out there, this isn't a game that would be easy to master by yourself. And you clearly need help, a lot of it.

[CR-S]
Players
478 posts
20,832 battles

@Jaguarxjs89 like most of the others here, i suggest you learn some basics first (15k avg dmg with Hood says you don´t know them yet). Captain skills are also crucial to make a ship work the right way; you don´t need AFT on every ship. And especially no IHFE/DE on British cruisers.

Check out some community contributors, they make informative videos about how to stay alive despite engaging in battle. Dunno if it is allowed to post direct links here but you will find them. Notser, iChase, Flamu, Jingles....

Go to Youtube and simply enter "Flamu Hood" or "Notser Hood", that should lead you to something useful. Wows is a great game - take your time to learn some things about it.

btw: Hood is T7. The current weekly Scenario is for T7 ships. Play it, you move with a blob of friends, you help each other and shoot some bots that behave like .... well, bots. They are mostly easy prey, plenty of opportunities to  improve your aim.

Spoiler

But honestly: don´t use your Mighty Hood until you reached Fiji without using freeXP.

Good luck and have fun! :Smile_honoring:

Players
8 posts
1,149 battles

Thanks for all the unsolicited advice. I am a casual player who was asking a question about why the game suggested 2 different figures for researching Fiji. Nothing more. I really don't  need to be told what to do and how to do it .I am a psychologist by profession and find it interesting and relaxing to play. I also find it interesting and disappointing  to find so many people keen to say how bad I am at the game and how good they are. I also have a life.

• Cool 1

Players
6,128 posts
8,352 battles
11 minutes ago, Jaguarxjs89 said:

Thanks for all the unsolicited advice. I am a casual player who was asking a question about why the game suggested 2 different figures for researching Fiji. Nothing more. I really don't  need to be told what to do and how to do it .I am a psychologist by profession and find it interesting and relaxing to play. I also find it interesting and disappointing  to find so many people keen to say how bad I am at the game and how good they are. I also have a life.

Player like you is a liability to the team, thats why number of players gave you advice of staying at lowtiers, to get basic understanding of the game. Alternatively, if you're hellbent to not learn, stick to coop games.

Players
655 posts
7,980 battles
16 hours ago, Jaguarxjs89 said:

thanks

Well as others have said. Learn to play first. I started WOWs specifically to play the IJN cruiser line. In the end I didn;t get past tier 4 until about 1,900 games. It took me 600 games to get the play style down. I've since moved from the US to EU server, but here I have an Atago with over 1 million XP. Learn the basics first, research U tube videos and then think about going beyond tier 4 in a line. 

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles
24 minutes ago, Jaguarxjs89 said:

I am a psychologist by profession

And we don't care who you are or claim to be.

Go learn or stay at low tiers / Co-Op, we already have more than enough windowlickers at high tiers ruining games, really don't need another one.

Currently you're nothing more than a liability dragging down your whole team - and since 6min stomps aren't too fun from the winning side either (as you get to do nothing before the game ends in a disappointingly low-scoring win) - you are ruining the game for up to 23 other players. Be a casual if you want to, but at least earn some basics so you're more useful than an AFK.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
5,387 posts
6,781 battles
1 hour ago, Jaguarxjs89 said:

Interesting :cap_hmm: Could u maybe enlighten me/us then, what it is currently fun for u to play the game the way u (seem) to be playing it? This is not meant as sarcasm, i truely would like to know, since ive been wondering about ppl with similiar stats than yours...

I can just about undestand "interesting" but why the hell play Random battles with other ppl when u want to relax? Maybe consider playing Coop then?

• Funny 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,535 posts
4 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Not sure if you are reffering to me aswell, but I give everyone the benefit of a doubt, especially new players. But this guy has used his credit now. Anyway, like Wilkatis pointed out, this thread doesnt count. So watch me go now. :Smile_coin:

I wasn't haven't a go at anybody, I am just amused at the amount of helpful players around all of a sudden (not a bad thing) even though, in this case, the helpful thing to advise would be to bugger off back to low tiers. :Smile_smile: 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,257 posts
3,486 battles
4 hours ago, Jaguarxjs89 said:

Just because you have a uni degree, it doesn't mean you are smart enough to instantly or at all understand the game mechanics (as clearly demonstrated by your statistics). People here told you to stick  to the low tiers so that you can learn the game, learn to play it and not mess up other people's time (who don't want to have incompetent players in their team). 

Based on you "somewhat" arrogant answer, you are not the kind of player that should ever play anything else than coop and especially not in high tier. 

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,131 posts
28,072 battles
On 2/4/2018 at 4:22 PM, Jaguarxjs89 said:

*Edited

He He Yes we are, but what do you expect on a Forum where many are really devoted to the game and also veterans?

Now, You are naturally free to play as you want, but as I like you do it for relaxing it is far more entertaining to have the feeling of being in control of the game and understand it. To want to perform at least somewhat decent, it takes time, WOWs has now more than two years on the market and many of us has several thousands of games so that it could be a harsh environment for the newcomer.

Nevertheless if you want to relax I recommend you to sta at lower - to lower midtier as the game is less serious there, the maps are smaller and mistakes are less punished.

But as a professor sure you analyze what type of relaxation you want, even with limited time it pays off to learn some basics, to feel some accomplishment, to be in the bottom of the team roaster and more losses than wins is not relaxation IMO, surely your relaxation would increase if you were better, and I assure you the effort to improve to a decent level is not so difficult.

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
2,068 posts
13,268 battles

If you really are who you claim to be, then you're very well aware what happens in a team when somebody is not doing his part.

This leads to teams failing. Now I guess you can also tell me how you could classify people who don't care about their own team failing over and over again.

We, the common plebs, call those people selfish players. But I'm pretty sure you'll have a more professional name for it.

• Funny 1

Players
95 posts
10,888 battles

"Just playing to have fun" without any effort to actually put good gameplay in and support your team leads to ruining the fun for 11 other people. This shouldn't be that difficult to understand, psychologist or not. Some people don't like to lose because someone else is playing high tiers without even the basic understanding of the game.

• Cool 1

Players
8 posts
1,149 battles

I have some further genuine questions, which hopefully someone will be able to answer.

When I play random games I notice no leadership. How does a leader get nominated?. How does said leader determine strategy and get team members to buy into it? People seem to go off in random directions. All the messages seem to be "good luck and fair seas" or " I need support" etc. I genuinely don't detect any coherent team play other than a general objective to defeat the opposing group.