You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
clocky

So the Russian bias is real

86 comments in this topic

[DSPA]
Beta Tester
273 posts

Had a game in my Fletcher   and encountered the Heavy Cruiser Moskva. Put 5 torps into the Moskva.

Only 54000 damage. WTF!?!

That is roughly 11.000 damage / torp . Long way from the 19000 / torp max damage. Maybe too much. I was like wtf , this ship either has best in class torp protection or it's a bug. Then I saw Moskva having the best cruiser torp protection in the game and I realized this game is made by the soviet loving Belarus.  

Anyway , Just wondering how is it possible to add a 28% torp protection (most cruiser ships are in the 5-19% range) to an already fast cruiser that in project state had almost the same armor (based on the data) as a des moines. IT looks like the Russians (yeah I'm going to call Belarus based WG like that that because we all know who they love) seem to boost their ships even if they have to skip historical accuracy  but they swear by it in case of american or european ships. Interesting.

Almost 30% torp protection on a cruiser  that has huge amount of HP ,   BB range guns and best velocity on the shells ,   speed. etc.

Ships stats say it is the  best cruiser in tier 10 in both average damage  and winrate.

#russianbalance

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 8
  • Bad 1

Players
1,941 posts
10,648 battles

Wow the amazing Russian bias gave it one of the worse concealment among tier 10 cas. Clear bias there when almost everyone and their grandmother can spot you and shoot at you.

Clearly not bias of you to ignore something that important eh :cap_old:

[DSPA]
Beta Tester
273 posts

Worse concealment pretty much means nothing in a game that most cruisers and BB just camp behind islands and shoot. 

#justsaying

• Funny 5
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

Players
309 posts
6,005 battles
31 minutes ago, clocky said:

Worse concealment pretty much means nothing

:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 4

Players
1,941 posts
10,648 battles
37 minutes ago, clocky said:

Worse concealment pretty much means nothing in a game that most cruisers and BB just camp behind islands and shoot. 

#justsaying

You don't play cruisers do you?

• Cool 7

Beta Tester
357 posts
14,089 battles

in general people who are hiding their stats are not worth of attention in posts like this

#justsaying

• Cool 5

[BLITZ]
Players
2,641 posts
9,896 battles
1 hour ago, clocky said:

Just wondering how is it possible to add a 28% torp protection (most cruiser ships are in the 5-19% range) 

Diversity. Advantages and disadvantages.

Do you want all ships to be the same?

Or just to be food for your Fletcher?

[DSPA]
Beta Tester
273 posts
32 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You are bit nuts, aren´t you? Damage saturation? Ever heard of that? How did you get to Fletcher?

Yeah, so much russian bias:

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/index.html

Can you quote me saying something about damage saturation?  Calling people nuts is worthy of a report. Eager to give me your "best shot" you seemed to confuse my post with another. 

Second , the stats i took seem to differ yours , Moskva having a WR of 50.13 % 

[CATS]
Players
17,841 posts
11,758 battles

I AM writing damage saturation. That is a game mechanic, that should be known to all players at high tier.

And you took no stats. I see none.

The maplesysrup stats are the most complete set of stats that are open to the public. If you want more detail, get hired by WG or bribe an employee.

[DSPA]
Beta Tester
273 posts
26 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

in general people who are hiding their stats are not worth of attention in posts like this

#justsaying

You must be one of those sad people. You just be grateful I even reply to your troll post.

• Bad 1

[DSPA]
Beta Tester
273 posts
1 minute ago, eliastion said:

@clocky

Japanese bias!

Look how many torps this Shima ate.

npdZWKV.gif

That a clear bug :) Probably from the close beta phase?!

• Funny 2

[BGBRD]
Players
322 posts
9,620 battles
4 minutes ago, clocky said:

Can you quote me saying something about damage saturation?  Calling people nuts is worthy of a report.

Second , the stats i took seem to differ yours. 

He dont quote you saying it... he just suggest looking it to that part of the dmg model/mechanics in order to stop postion such pointless threads.

And about the stats and "not worth of attention" ... I kind of agree on that.

[UNICS]
Players
3,380 posts
13,554 battles

I don't feel any tier 10 cruiser is particularly op, none that I've met at least. Only played Hinden and Des Moines though.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles
1 minute ago, clocky said:

It's not a bug. It's a game mechanic called damage saturation. If you want, you can check this in training room - take a ship that can single-fire torps and set a passive bot in a destroyer. And then fire all your torps into the tip of the bow of the DD. I can guarantee that the thing won't sink immediately (it will probably die to flooding DPS though).

• Cool 1

[DSPA]
Beta Tester
273 posts

But my torps did not hit the same area FFS. 

They all hit bow , stern , middle and one little close to the middle.

They all detonated one after another  due to the position of the Moskva (being angled) so I highly doubt it was DS.

I will submit the replay to WG anyway.

[BGBRD]
Players
322 posts
9,620 battles
2 minutes ago, clocky said:

They all detonated one after due to the position of the Moskva (being angled)

Well played good sir, better luck next time :cap_like:

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,488 posts
6,713 battles
8 minutes ago, clocky said:

Can you submit it to us too?

[UNICS]
Players
3,380 posts
13,554 battles
11 minutes ago, clocky said:

They all detonated one after another  due to the position of the Moskva (being angled) so I highly doubt it was DS.

Really? People go through this kind of work for things not understood?

I've started taking a lot more hits lately despite not being spotted. Shots come in without the detection icon having appeared. Has happen some times before, but with some circumstances to explain it. Now I'm starting to think my PC is slow and might not giving me reliable info. Still not enough to warrant work from me.

edit: ..and no, it's not me sitting in smoke shooting and getting hit...

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,257 posts
3,486 battles
30 minutes ago, clocky said:

Not a bug. 

Damage saturation. A game mechanic. 

The stern of the ship ran out of HP and any further damage inflicted to it didn't go towards reducing the total health pool of the ship, since there was no HP to take

Just because you don't like this mechanic, it doesn't mean it's a bug or that it will go away. People with enough skill (ie not me :cap_haloween:) can do what is called "saturation tanking" where they keep soaking up hits into their saturated section (you can only have one saturated section, if you have two, you have ran out of total HP), and thus avoiding taking any further damage overall. 

The danger of that is that whenever you have a saturated section you are already low on HP and a lucky hit to another section may kill you. 

Healing when having a saturated section will heal the section's HP partially as well, practically "unsaturating" it, making it able to once again take damage. You may then saturate the section again, making it unable to take further damage once again, but I'm yet to see someone be *that* lucky or good. 

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
12 posts
6,550 battles
1 hour ago, loppantorkel said:

Really? People go through this kind of work for things not understood?

I've started taking a lot more hits lately despite not being spotted. Shots come in without the detection icon having appeared. Has happen some times before, but with some circumstances to explain it. Now I'm starting to think my PC is slow and might not giving me reliable info. Still not enough to warrant work from me.

edit: ..and no, it's not me sitting in smoke shooting and getting hit...

I've noticed that occasionally too; either being hit when PT says I'm not targeted, or a couple of times having more shells coming in than PT says are locked onto me (i.e. 2 ships targeting, but shells coming from 3 locations). It's pretty infrequent, so will probably be players aiming and shooting before they've locked on. 

I did notice that sometimes in operations, PT doesn't identify anyone targeting you when they clearly are.... Not sure about that one though! 

Players
204 posts
329 battles
3 hours ago, pra3y said:

Wow the amazing Russian bias gave it one of the worse concealment among tier 10 cas. Clear bias there when almost everyone and their grandmother can spot you and shoot at you.

Clearly not bias of you to ignore something that important eh :cap_old:

In russia guns shoot you. What use is concealment if you blaze your guns all the time an haw to deal with 25% base dispersion anyway - more pew pew = more hits on target.