Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
darkstar73

Changes on HMS Cossac and Asashio

81 comments in this topic

[LEGIO]
Players
599 posts
8,045 battles

Hello guys. Just saw this on Facbook. Looks very interesting to me. Asashio gets DW torpedoes with 20km range. Oh my. Now it will be a god damned battleship warcry here. But i love the idea. Cossac also looks great with hydro :) 

What do you guys think? 

ST, Cossack and Asashio destroyers

British destroyer Cossack, tier VII

Now equipped with Mark IXM torpedoes. Rate of fire - 0.6 launches per minute. Reload - 96 seconds. 180 degree turn - 7.2 seconds. Maximum damage - 16766 (instead of 15867). Speed - 62 knots (instead of 61). Range - 10 km (instead of 8).

Torpedo wide launching angle is decreased from 16 to 6 degrees.

Ship's basic detectability is decreased from 6.84 to 6.49 km.

Added the "Hydroacoustic Search" consumable. Torpedo detection range - 2790 m. Ship detection range 3210 m. Active for 180 seconds. Cooldown - 180 seconds (120 seconds for premium). 2 charges (3 charges for premium).

These changes are designed to increase ship's combat efficiency and balance her better against rivals of the same class.

Japanese destroyer Asashio, tier VIII

Deep water modification of Type 93 torpedoes is equipped. Can only hit battleships and carriers. Rate of fire - 0.5 launches per minute. Reload - 112 seconds. 180 degree turn - 7.2 seconds. Maximum damage - 20966. Speed - 67 knots. Range - 20 km (instead of 10).

These changes are designed to make the ship's gameplay more unique in relation to the Kagero destroyer.

Source; https://www.facebook.com/wowsdevblog/?hc_ref=ARQXY2VYFHzryPubbWDp7I699ZR11XY3Vdu5eAEp43ttyuJkVwEuqjNmtWCz89meNSE

[TTT]
Players
4,324 posts
7,937 battles

aaaaaand good job leaving out the one key piece of information that we'd need to actually know whether Asashio with those torps is of any use: How stealthy are they?

Players
2,804 posts
14,924 battles
17 hours ago, darkstar73 said:

...Asashio gets DW torpedoes with 20km range. Oh my. Now it will be a god damned battleship warcry here. But i love the idea...

My opinion.

I hate it.

Your ability to contest caps early is severely limited... no DD or Cruiser is going to respect you. 

I was around during the old Shima days where lot of players believe 20Km torpedoes launch from max range was a good idea; while their ability to hit any target they might have been aiming at was minimal; but the ability to be 'safe' drew the wrong types of players to DDs.

• Cool 3

[FUSO]
Players
73 posts
4,799 battles

I really like it for the cossack, it was well needed. I am getting one for sure

As for Asashio. It makes her extremely powerfull vs battleships. But useless against anything else.

Players
2,170 posts

Are the IJN DW torps not going to hit Cruisers like the damn Pan Asia ones do? If so they are more useless.

Asashio stops being just a crappy Kagero, it's now a really crappy one that can't contest caps. Totally unimpressive.

Adding hydro to Cossack makes it no more appealing as it's still a crappy torpedo boat with indifferent guns. At least they're cutting the useless wide spread to something that would be vaguely useful, but again it fails to interest me in buying it.

Beta Tester
4,527 posts
19,238 battles
37 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

aaaaaand good job leaving out the one key piece of information that we'd need to actually know whether Asashio with those torps is of any use: How stealthy are they?

Probably very, as the DW usually are.

Beta Tester
4,527 posts
19,238 battles
24 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Asashio stops being just a crappy Kagero, it's now a really crappy one that can't contest caps. Totally unimpressive.

Some guys at WG hope people will buy it? What are they smoking?!

Players
2,223 posts
7,551 battles

Yeah because the tribal class was famous for their hydro :Smile_facepalm:...Crap guns and crap torps. Will miss thank you.

• Funny 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,067 posts
7,531 battles

I'm probably doing DDs wrong, but Asashio not being able to hit cruisers (as well as DDs, as per PA) strikes me as making it of rather limited utility. I've been trying to get the hang of the HSF DD (Harekaze?) lately, and I've been finding those torps of great utility - it's not so much about hitting things necessarily, but more about area denial, and keeping the blighters at arms' length. If cruisers can ignore your torps, would that make you exceedingly vulnerable?

The Cossack still sounds a bit underwhelming, but I might succumb - she is a Tribal, after all...

[PIKAS]
Beta Tester
1,818 posts
6,084 battles

the Tribals were ment to be Gunboats.....not superstealthy torpedoboats.

So. i hope for the UK DD techtree to see a 8x4,7“ GunnTribal. and than with the same concealment :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,118 posts
10,575 battles

Asashio is worthless with DW Torps and an insult to IJn DD players.

Who need a DW 20km Torp boat that does not play onjectives  that can only hunt around 25% of the enemys it faces and canot degend itself agist anything others than another IJN DD?

9 in 10 will play her as an area denyal DD with TLR and if any ship is inbetween them and  them and a BB it do not matters how stealthy the torps are because spoted Torps will STAY spoted.

Panasia allready hammers this home but they at least have permasmoke and decent gunpower to make up for it without having one more class  they canot hit.

And whats most insulting is that this is the allready thrown on test shimma Torp that nobody liked there......does WG reall think players that play IJN have such a short atention span and now have to

pay to test a concept that is generally disliked?????  Yea you made a superboring worse Kagaro at the highet prem price segment that it does not exite anyone and does not even have a name to its 

credits like for example "Yukikaze" would had does not get peple in the mood to buy it. But now you want us to pay to betatest a concept? Well it worked wich Graf Zepelin sowhy dont try?

There is a lots of things you could have done:

a slightly faster turet rotation Yukikaze with perhaps a sek or 2 off its gun reload.

TLR and smoke in diferent slots (thogh that would be a big middlefinger to Shira players)

a Kn or 2 more speed and/or  0.1 to 0.2 more conceilment

The old slow 15km Fubuki Torps.

Instead this? well lets see how that plays out. Id ratehr not see another avoid caps DD........

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,558 posts
13,704 battles

I am very happy for those changes, they have convinced me to spend my money elsewhere. I am not going to buy ships that WG tries to make interesting by adding useless gimmicks instead of fixing the glaring problems.

That hydro on the Cossack will mean nothing when he runs into a Blyskawica/Leningrad/Minsk. And a Mahan will laugh in 127mm when the Cossack tries to brawl him. And the new torps are still a joke thanks to the 1x4 launcher.

The DW torps on the Asashio are a nerf not a buff. Not being able to hit DDs and CL/CAs makes the ship useless, especially since the PA DDs at least have guns and smoke to fall back on and everyone else has both decent torps and guns.

• Cool 3

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles
1 hour ago, darkstar73 said:

Hello guys. Just saw this on Facbook. Looks very interesting to me. Asashio gets DW torpedoes with 20km range. Oh my. Now it will be a god damned battleship warcry here. But i love the idea.

Not a DD player so I have no idea, but... how can one exactly love a DD with torps that aren't able not only to not hit other DDs, but CRUISERS also? PA DDs look like a joke to me already not being able to hit other DDs. They might have other strenghts and capability dealing with that with good guns and radar, but a joke anyways.

And now torps that can hit DDs and cruisers? Are you serious? Who did even came with the idea? Who can be so retarded? What's the point of that? Paying a trade for more stealthy and effective torps against big target? PA torps already do that not being able to hit other DDs and IMO doesn't even look like a fair trade to be honest. Adding cruisers to that it's a f*****g insult. Lame. Retarded. But well, WG decisions. I thought that when those torps where announced for Shimakaze and they took a step back on that due to complaints that would have told them that no one likes those torps, but I guess that was expecting too much. :cap_old:

We'll never have enough of WG's stupidity it seems.

[YJKG]
Players
447 posts
19,167 battles

How about they buff Asashio by giving her Shima's old 20km torps.. :P That should be fair, balanced and highly entertaining considering the amount of camping BBs getting hit by stray torpedoes and crying about it in all chat...

[LEGIO]
Players
599 posts
8,045 battles
43 minutes ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Not a DD player so I have no idea, but... how can one exactly love a DD with torps that aren't able not only to not hit other DDs, but CRUISERS also? PA DDs look like a joke to me already not being able to hit other DDs. They might have other strenghts and capability dealing with that with good guns and radar, but a joke anyways.

And now torps that can hit DDs and cruisers? Are you serious? Who did even came with the idea? Who can be so retarded? What's the point of that? Paying a trade for more stealthy and effective torps against big target? PA torps already do that not being able to hit other DDs and IMO doesn't even look like a fair trade to be honest. Adding cruisers to that it's a f*****g insult. Lame. Retarded. But well, WG decisions. I thought that when those torps where announced for Shimakaze and they took a step back on that due to complaints that would have told them that no one likes those torps, but I guess that was expecting too much. :cap_old:

We'll never have enough of WG's stupidity it seems.

Am pretty sure that when she´s released she will have DW torpedoes that hit everything but destroyers. And if that´s the case Asasiro will be fun to play. Not a cap fighter by any means. But as a flanker. Can easy bring havoc among battleships and cruisers. Now that´s fun :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles
1 minute ago, darkstar73 said:

Am pretty sure that when she´s released she will have DW torpedoes that hit everything but destroyers. And if that´s the case Asasiro will be fun to play. Not a cap fighter by any means. But as a flanker. Can easy bring havoc among battleships and cruisers. Now that´s fun :cap_rambo:

Maybe. That's the least they must do if they want that ship to be anything at all. But that's not what they're saying for now. Still ST so anything can still change, but with WG you'll never now. Maybe they're serious.

[LEGIO]
Players
599 posts
8,045 battles
1 minute ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Maybe. That's the least they must do if they want that ship to be anything at all. But that's not what they're saying for now. Still ST so anything can still change, but with WG you'll never now. Maybe they're serious.

I really hope that they are not. If so she sure as hell will suck 

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,410 posts
14,619 battles

Deep water torps where an awful idea, but making DW torps that cant hit cruisers... I have no words. What's next, DW torps that can't hit BBs? Only Carriers? Let's make torps that can't hit anything. Oh wait... Japanese torpedoes.

Cossack... LOLssack definitely not as single € of my wallet to these idiotic developers.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles
2 hours ago, darkstar73 said:

Deep water modification of Type 93 torpedoes is equipped. Can only hit battleships and carriers.

Noone in their right mind will take these anyway.

Yeah, makes you more of a threat to BBs and you never need to be seen to launch them - but lets face it, even if they are as stealthy as PA DWTs are, at 20km so much time has passed and thsoe torps have naturally spread so wide apart that landing even one would be lucky.

And seeing how it's a Japanese DD - guns won't be great leaving you more or less helpless against opposing DDs and absolutely helpless against any cruiser you might meet.

Basically another noobtrap

Players
2,804 posts
14,924 battles
2 hours ago, stinkmorchel said:

the Tribals were ment to be Gunboats.....not superstealthy torpedoboats.

So. i hope for the UK DD techtree to see a 8x4,7“ GunnTribal. and than with the same concealment :cap_cool:

:Smile_great:

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles

Is it just me or does anyone else think that that hydro on Cossak is unnessessary?

[PIKAS]
Beta Tester
1,818 posts
6,084 battles

perhaps when you are sitting in your smoke , shooting....to see incomming torps a little bit earlier.

For offensive action, range is too short IMHO

Players
2,170 posts
55 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think that that hydro on Cossak is unnessessary?

Nope and it's got horrible range too. Still nothing to interest me in either ship.

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
20 minutes ago, stinkmorchel said:

perhaps when you are sitting in your smoke , shooting....to see incomming torps a little bit earlier.

For offensive action, range is too short IMHO

The thing is just that people play more passive when they know that the enemy has hydro, no matter the range. And with all that PaYang "derp-hydro-U dead now" from the past ranked season...

Sign in to follow this